Angel Reese First 19 Rebound Game. WNBA ALL TIME Season Record: 11 Straight Double Doubles

Daps
Well...TSpoon doesn't run many plays for her.
Dont matter she has the advantage they throw up a bad shot. She wide open they throw up a bad shot. If they had a true point her shot attempts would skyrocket tbh. Mabrey at times just flat out refuses to pass to her

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Are you serious?.......We've seen Carter close out multiple games for Chicago as the #1 option.....If Chicago needs a basket at the end of the game who do you think Spoon will run the play for...Angel,Carter or Mabrey?......Angel would be 3rd am0ng those 3
So now she’s a 3rd option after you originally said she was a 4th-5th option? :jbhmm:

Carter may be out there to get buckets, but she may also be on the bench. Only time Angel was on the bench at the end of a close game was if she fouled out or the game she got ejected.

A play may be run for Mabrey because we might need a 3, but she’s getting close to losing that privilege. She’s our best shooter by default because the team has been atrocious at shooting 3s so far this season.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
So now she’s a 3rd option after you originally said she was a 4th-5th option? :jbhmm:

Carter may be out there to get buckets, but she may also be on the bench. Only time Angel was on the bench at the end of a close game was if she fouled out or the game she got ejected.

A play may be run for Mabrey because we might need a 3, but she’s getting close to losing that privilege. She’s our best shooter by default because the team has been atrocious at shooting 3s so far this season.

No, I named 3 players and said Angel would be the 3rd option.....I think Angel will be the 4th option behind Carter/Mabrey/Cardosa...and there's nothing wrong with that......Of course, nothing is set in stone...There will be games where Angel has the advantage or is cooking on offense and will be the featured post option.

Last edited:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get that field goal percentage up to bout 45% then she'd truly be undeniable

• Dap
Reactions: NZA
Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Great game from Angel, but Chicago has still lost 4 of 5 (Not Angel's fault)....I wish yall would stop comparing Angel to Clark....Clark is a primary option...Teams are game planning for her...Angel is like the 4th option......I believe both players will be successful.
I don't like the comparisons either but let's not act like Angel hasn't been double/triple teamed in the post by girls way taller than her, thats a huge reason why her fg% had been so low. With 6'7 Kamilla in the lineup with her it freed her up a bunch and you can see the difference in her efficiency now.

The Sky doesn't have a defined main scorer and you can argue that nobody on this roster is a 1st option(Marina Mabrey is clearly not 1st option material and in a horrible slump). On any given night you might have a big showing by Angel, Chennedy, Marina Mabrey etc but there isn't a consistent go-to scorer and Angel has clearly emerged as the leader and anchor of the team as a rookie. So no we not about to just act like Caitlin is the only one going through teams zeroing in on her and making it harder to score.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
my amateurish two cents:

i was worried about her shooting and the draft reflected that teams did worry as well, but her motor and leadership carried over perfectly. she has that natural "captain of the ship" personality that you dont teach, you either have it or you dont. she has a ton of self-imposed accountability for her assignments and she affects the flow of the game more often than more skilled rookies.

early on i figured that brink would be the front runner for ROY, but now for me it is reese. that chemistry that they are building in chicago is going to turn into a machine next year and reese is the at the heart of that.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think it's clear at this point Angel is ROY so far....her physical gifts translate much better than CC's ... Angel is an elite defender and rebounder out the gate......with work on her jumper and post up game she will be a great player for a long time
She actually looks like she hits the gym too

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
my amateurish two cents:

i was worried about her shooting and the draft reflected that teams did worry as well, but her motor and leadership carried over perfectly. she has that natural "captain of the ship" personality that you dont teach, you either have it or you dont. she has a ton of self-imposed accountability for her assignments and she affects the flow of the game more often than more skilled rookies.

early on i figured that brink would be the front runner for ROY, but now for me it is reese. that chemistry that they are building in chicago is going to turn into a machine next year and reese is the at the heart of that.
She’s not a project if she gets you good rebounding, good defense and has a high IQ she can literally help a team out rn with her skill set

I was spot on