Angel Reese First 27 & 10 Game. WNBA ALL TIME RECORD 12 Straight Double Doubles

Daps
DO YOU WATCH THE GAMES? Don’t give me this “per 36” bullshyt because if you knew WTF you were talking about, you wouldn’t bring it up.

LMAO@Diamond DeShields and Izzy Harrison being options over Reese. Carter comes off the bench as a scorer (as does Izzy), but she comes off the bench. No bench player is a top option.
Carter has been saving them in these last few games but I’ll give it to Reese she has stepped up. Mabrey has been off but she was there intended number 1 option and has kinda been that until late. Angel is emerging but she has been the 3rd option for most of the games they have played. They have started slow every game until Carter comes in so that should tell you something. It will be interested if Reese becomes the number one option how defenses will change for her.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I think people was just clinging on to the fact that they didn’t think she would be able to bully WNBA players in the paint
This. Kats thought that the jump front college to the WNBA was similar to the one from college to the NBA.

And women aren't even drastically stronger at that level.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
She's 73% from the line too, there's some good shooting potential there.

The thing is she actually needs to learn to finish off one foot, which is funny because many players struggle to finish off two feet while she has that down.

If she can do that, then with her handle and downhill playing style at her frame, she'll be a monster on offense.

Like why you jump stopping on a fastbreak layup?

This video on some passive aggressive hater shyt though, which is wack af.

Point still stands: put her in layup line drills until finishing off one foot is natural and comfortable. Such an easy fix that'll pay off insane.

My friends and I have always called that "the wnba dunk." :pachaha:
I don't know the science behind it, but jumping off one foot just isn't natural for women, it's something I've always noticed

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She's 73% from the line too, there's some good shooting potential there.

The thing is she actually needs to learn to finish off one foot, which is funny because many players struggle to finish off two feet while she has that down.

If she can do that, then with her handle and downhill playing style at her frame, she'll be a monster on offense.

Like why you jump stopping on a fastbreak layup?

This video on some passive aggressive hater shyt though, which is wack af.

Point still stands: put her in layup line drills until finishing off one foot is natural and comfortable. Such an easy fix that'll pay off insane.

My friends and I have always called that "the wnba dunk." :pachaha:
I don't know the science behind it, but jumping off one foot just isn't natural for women, it's something I've always noticed

I've been trying to figure out why she sometimes looks so awkward finishing around the basket and that's it. She's trying to gather herself to go up off two feet or rushing to get the ball up when she was in traffic.

Her movements aren't fluid. She definitely needs to spend some time developing her footwork to make her offensive skillset grow.

She has a high motor and is an absolute dog so she's still an impact player on the boards and defense. Just gotta be more consistent finishing at the rim this season.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I've been trying to figure out why she sometimes looks so awkward finishing around the basket and that's it. She's trying to gather herself to go up off two feet or rushing to get the ball up when she was in traffic.

Her movements aren't fluid. She definitely needs to spend some time developing her footwork to make her offensive skillset grow.

She has a high motor and is an absolute dog so she's still an impact player on the boards and defense. Just gotta be more consistent finishing at the rim this season.
I definitely think it's a footwork issue as well.

Which is funny because she actually finished a few times off one foot here, but on fast breaks and other easy shots she shuffles her feet. It's like she's scared of smoking easy layups but in term that causes hesitation and makes the shot more difficult. It's like her feet get choppy as she approaches a wide open basket.

She's just so much better when she plays downhill, it's like she's not even thinking about it.

But yeah like you said, fluidity and footwork. A whole lot of layup lines until it's basically 2nd nature and to stop picking up the dribble so early in traffic - learn that decel and hesi game. She got the handle which is terrific, just needs to play with more control in traffic and finishing. Her frame and physicality she should be absolutely phenomenal when she gets into the paint.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
I definitely think it's a footwork issue as well.

Which is funny because she actually finished a few times off one foot here, but on fast breaks and other easy shots she shuffles her feet. It's like she's scared of smoking easy layups but in term that causes hesitation and makes the shot more difficult. It's like her feet get choppy as she approaches a wide open basket.

She's just so much better when she plays downhill, it's like she's not even thinking about it.

But yeah like you said, fluidity and footwork. A whole lot of layup lines until it's basically 2nd nature and to stop picking up the dribble so early in traffic - learn that decel and hesi game. She got the handle which is terrific, just needs to play with more control in traffic and finishing. Her frame and physicality she should be absolutely phenomenal when she gets into the paint.

I don’t think she’s near comfortability yet. I don’t think Spoon wants that from her. Yet.