Andrew Yang (Former 2020 Presidential Candidate): What's his future? #YangGang :lupe:

Baracka Flocka Flame

Coast to Coast
Daps
Reppin
LA & NJ
Yang raised over 4 million since Christmas Eve. This campaign has real grass roots legs and enthusiasm.

He’s going to do well in NH and surprisingly well in the Iowa caucus because caucus states are great for campaigns such as Yangs and Bernies. Passionate groups.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Yang raised over 4 million since Christmas Eve. This campaign has real grass roots legs and enthusiasm.

He’s going to do well in NH and surprisingly well in the Iowa caucus because caucus states are great for campaigns such as Yangs and Bernies. Passionate groups.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If Hillary was president, we might’ve got Citizens United overturned :yeshrug: Both sides tho...
I’m not a “both sideser” but nah Hillary wasn’t gone do shyt. She’s benefited from our current system just as much as anyone.

And even if she wanted to, neither party wants to give up their easy way to power/control just yet.

Gonna take the voters to fully reject the shyt, but they won’t cause it’s so easy to watch a commercial and pick a candidate as opposed to doing real research.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Setting the stage for another "The DNC RIGGED THE PRIMARY." Granted I don't know how much of Yang's support is from folks who would've supported the generic Democratic candidate vs from people that would've sat out the election. But if he ends up as a stalking horse, he can be dangerous and a huge plus for trump.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Setting the stage for another "The DNC RIGGED THE PRIMARY." Granted I don't know how much of Yang's support is from folks who would've supported the generic Democratic candidate vs from people that would've sat out the election. But if he ends up as a stalking horse, he can be dangerous and a huge plus for trump.

His support is Bernie 2016 voters, some disaffected Trump voters, a lot of new young voters, and a lot of non-voters across the spectrum. Obviously the Asian-American community is big on him but they are not a monolith.

Yang himself is not going to spoil anything. His supporters are die-hard and loyal to him, so I gather most of them will vote for the Dem nominee. There will be some who sit out.

It's hard to gather what kind of impact it'll be. If Yang starts peaking more and he gets actual votes... shid will get interesting. I still don't think he's going to get any delegates and that's what the game is in this primary. Can you get to 15% thresholds?

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His support is Bernie 2016 voters, some disaffected Trump voters, a lot of new young voters, and a lot of non-voters across the spectrum. Obviously the Asian-American community is big on him but they are not a monolith.

Yang himself is not going to spoil anything. His supporters are die-hard and loyal to him, so I gather most of them will vote for the Dem nominee. There will be some who sit out.

Sounds about right but I wouldn't be so sure about Yang himself. Especially since nowadays it's very easy to be a spoiler in a way that appears "principled."

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Sounds about right but I wouldn't be so sure about Yang himself. Especially since nowadays it's very easy to be a spoiler in a way that appears "principled."

He's a life-long Dem and wants to beat Trump. He's ruled out any independent bid. He did serve in the Obama administration as an Ambassador for Entrepreneurship.

In fact, he's meeting with Obama in a week or two.