And There were Young Warriors against a King's Legacy...OFFICIAL CAVS VS. WARRIORS NBA FINALS Thread

Cavs or Warriors

• Cavs in 4

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • Cavs in 5

Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Cavs in 6

Votes: 133 34.7%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 23 6.0%
  • Warriors in 4

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Warriors in 5

Votes: 44 11.5%
  • Warriors in 6

Votes: 116 30.3%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 37 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
refs for tonight, foster, davis, and zarba

can someone look up team records with these refs

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I tend to avoid the Kobe discussions but its amazing how his legend has basically grown legs and faded memories while the likes of Shaq and AI get shytted on.
I think it's in response to the fact that his legacy has basically been forgotten already. All the media pundits have basically painted the picture that Lebron is the best since Jordan and that's all you here talked about. That's crazy to me. Not just for Kobe but Shaq and Duncan as well. So I think the Kobe fans/stans are trying to to keep his name out there or are just shocked that he's already forgotten and not retired yet.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I said i'd be back Sunday i couldn't stay away :mjlol:

Let's win tonight for the mother of all Game 7s!

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's in response to the fact that his legacy has basically been forgotten already. All the media pundits have basically painted the picture that Lebron is the best since Jordan and that's all you here talked about. That's crazy to me. Not just for Kobe but Shaq and Duncan as well. So I think the Kobe fans/stans are trying to to keep his name out there or are just shocked that he's already forgotten and not retired yet.

:stopitslime:/:dead: Kobe is more talked about in 2015, as an old, injured shell of himself, than any other player in the league not named Lebron and maybe Steph now. It was okay when media pundits tried to make Kobe into MJs rival before he became a starter and tried to make him better than Mike at 22 right? The Kobeites didn't see a need to respond to that right? You seem to be a pretty level headed poster, why are you trying to make excuses and rationalizations for this blatant stannery? :wtf:.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
:stopitslime:/:dead: Kobe is more talked about in 2015, as an old, injured shell of himself, than any other player in the league not named Lebron and maybe Steph now. It was okay when media pundits tried to make Kobe into MJs rival before he became a starter and tried to make him better than Mike at 22 right? The Kobeites didn't see a need to respond to that right? You seem to be a pretty level headed poster, why are you trying to make excuses and rationalizations for this blatant stannery? :wtf:.

Don't get twisted, I realize there are A LOT of irrational Kobe stans out there. They're going to prop him up and bring him into any argument regardless. I'm just talking about of late why he's been talked about or brought up even more than normal. Since this playoff run begin there has been a large number of articles or talking heads that have been saying that this run cements Lebron as being as great as Jordan if not better. With Kobe having the largest number of fans/stans out the blowback has occurred. Just my theory.

And at no point did I agree with people throwing Kobe over Jordan either so don't toss me in that camp. All that shyt is silly to me. As a mod on SOHH in the coliseum I was one of the main ones pushing to just create a single thread to throw all that dumb shyt into.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kobes biggest problem is that Jordan exist, Kobe is pretty much a sub par Clone of Jordan :yeshrug:

Still top 5 all time :francis:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't get twisted, I realize there are A LOT of irrational Kobe stans out there. They're going to prop him up and bring him into any argument regardless. I'm just talking about of late why he's been talked about or brought up even more than normal. Since this playoff run begin there has been a large number of articles or talking heads that have been saying that this run cements Lebron as being as great as Jordan if not better. With Kobe having the largest number of fans/stans out the blowback has occurred. Just my theory.

And at no point did I agree with people throwing Kobe over Jordan either so don't toss me in that camp. All that shyt is silly to me. As a mod on SOHH in the coliseum I was one of the main ones pushing to just create a single thread to throw all that dumb shyt into.

I can respect and appreciate that. However, you basically co-signed that thought process in the post I responded to. That's what I took issue with. Stans are gonna stans, I get it. However, for a poster like yourself to honestly sit here and act like Kobe has been forgotten or needs advocacy is just:comeon:. The bolded was all that needed to be said.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
No, media heads were trying to place bron above Kobe all time in 2010. They've always tried to skip over bean. You see it now even more with people acting like a potentional finals loss is better than anything kobes ever done. All of a sudden he's leapfrogged Kobe, Duncan shaq bird and is in magic and Mike status. FOH :camby:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, media heads were trying to place bron above Kobe all time in 2010. They've always tried to skip over bean. You see it now even more with people acting like a potentional finals loss is better than anything kobes ever done. All of a sudden he's leapfrogged Kobe, Duncan shaq bird and is in magic and Mike status. FOH :camby:

Soooooooooo what about this? This was okay right?

:Looks forward to you either blatantly ignoring that piece again, attempting to change the subject, trying to act like that never happened, or a producing a convoluted rationalization or some combination thereof:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Keep hope breh. The King:gladbron: and the Goat :ahh: won't let us down
Nah breh. Them nikkas. As much I want to be wring Warriors in 6 like I been saying all along. Bron can't one man team it up against the best team in the league. And I see tonight as the night that both California and Curry go off. It might get real ugly

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Can you really say its been that bad though,and you tellin me you wouldnt certify it if the cavs win:comeon:?

I havent seen anything leaning horribly either way,not as lopsided as ive seen in some nba games before....i can say overall they have been letting them play,nobodys talking about all the Lebron pushoffs,lowered shoulders,Mosgov travels the refs let go....you win some you lose some.

Consistency has never in my life been a strength of nba refs though,none of these games felt rigged to the point where i thought refs knew the outcome of who they wanted to win and refused to let it go any other way.

I feel like refs do things to stop momentum of a team,or help another team get back into the game where its interesting....but ive noticed that most of my life watching nba:patrice:

i feel like these refs have at least been staying out of it in the 4th pretty well,are u not entertained:blessed:?

i expect them to do what they can to give cleveland the advantage to win and then step away,but not enuff where you feel the game was tarnished on anything pivitol.

nba refs do have the hardest job,and no lebron shouldnt get the same calls as guys half his size ,same way shaq didnt:heh:
I don't expect Bron to get small guard calls...but I expect him to get some calls:stopitslime:...here's the deal tho...when the league notices fan fatigue for a certain star they have a way of spicing up the situation to create intrigue...these playoff refs are basically the same from years past...they never call games consecutively in the manner they have this season...not to mention everyone knows ft's are a detrimental part to Bron's game....REFS KNOW THAT AS WELL AS EVERY FRONT OFFICE IN THE LEAGUE:comeon:...oh, and is a no call for an offensive foul on an already difficult shot the same as allowing illegal screens and holds to free up shooters...NO:beli:...funny you bring up Mos traveling cause that bad call cost cavs game 1:francis:...but if the calls pendulum swings in the Cavs favor tonight for me that is too much Ref. tampering to justify this as a legit series...even if the Cavs pull it out. But hey, I dont consider this past Super Bowl legit because they cheated Detroit and then Dallas:yeshrug:...frankly I'm tired of this shyt and more sports fans should feel the same way.

Honestly tho...think about all the bad calls throughout these entire playoffs that have had huge ramifications on the outcome...FAR TOO MANY:heh:...
for any league it doesn't matter how talented your athletes and stars are if the officiating sucks or is biased the game itself is a mute point:smugdraper: