And now the final blow: Todd Howard (Bethesda) can't imagine Elder Scrolls not being multi-platform

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
James Batchelor posed the idea that seeing The Elder Scrolls 6 as exclusive was hard to imagine, particularly as The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim owes some of its huge success to the sheer number of consoles it launched on. Howard replied by saying, "I would agree that is hard to imagine,"

Basically this gif in word form

tenor.gif

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
James Batchelor posed the idea that seeing The Elder Scrolls 6 as exclusive was hard to imagine, particularly as The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim owes some of its huge success to the sheer number of consoles it launched on. Howard replied by saying, "I would agree that is hard to imagine,"

Basically this gif in word form

tenor.gif

Because of the way people aren't letting it go, the fallout (pun intended) will be funnier than when FFXIII hit Xbox 360. Thing is, this was easy to see and not out of left field like that announcement was.

You don't spend 7.5 billion to share, you spend it to grow your business with your plans in hopes of taking market share.

Let's wait till the ink is dry on the contracts then ask Phil and Todd again. Due to discussions of the acquisition, they can easily say yes, it will be on all platforms including Playstation as that hurts nothing as that would truly mean it is business as usual since all of their games hit the PS4 day and date with other platforms.. However, they can't easily say no because of the exclusivity aspect of it.. The fact that they haven't said yes, they will all be on PS5 and/or Switch is all the answer/non answer we really need to see.

Xbox
PC
Android
iOS
HDMI Streaming Stick
Future Smart TVs

There are your multiple options. Pick one and have fun.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Because of the way people aren't letting it go, the fallout (pun intended) will be funnier than when FFXIII hit Xbox 360. Thing is, this was easy to see and not out of left field like that announcement was.

You don't spend 7.5 billion to share, you spend it to grow your business with your plans in hopes of taking market share.

Let's wait till the ink is dry on the contracts then ask Phil and Todd again. Due to discussions of the acquisition, they can easily say yes, it will be on all platforms including Playstation as that hurts nothing as that would truly mean it is business as usual since all of their games hit the PS4 day and date with other platforms.. However, they can't easily say no because of the exclusivity aspect of it.. The fact that they haven't said yes, they will all be on PS5 and/or Switch is all the answer/non answer we really need to see.

Xbox
PC
Android
iOS
HDMI Streaming Stick
Future Smart TVs

PC is a given

Everything else on your list is straight out of Chapter 10 verse 9 or your best selling novel: The Stanley Memoirs.

GamePass will be on PlayStation by this gens end and We will be playing Skyrim 2 or whatever they call it the same day you Xbox dudes will.

The hardware model is dead for you can’t you see that ????

120 million Sony users yes yes let’s just not make any money there, sounds like a great idea.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Xbox
PC
Android
iOS
HDMI Streaming Stick
Future Smart TVs

Nobody playing that shyt on phones, TV's, and thru sticks. :mjlol:

PS Now already tried that.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
Nobody playing that shyt on phones, TV's, and thru sticks. :mjlol:

PS Now already tried that.

Y'all gotta stop doing these self inflicted mind tricks, thinking that these two companies operating on the same playing field.

I'm looking right now. Sony's market cap right now is 99.492B, Microsoft's is 1.548T

Microsoft's market cap can move more than the entirety of Sony's market cap in a less than a week. Two random examples

• 10/6 Microsoft's market cap was 1.56 Trillion. On 10/13 it was 1.69 Trillion. That is a 130 billion dollar swing in valuation in 7 days.
  • 9/2 their market cap was 1.76 trillion, on 9/8 it was 1.54. A swing of 200 Billion, or two of Sony, in a week.

They got put the Cloud in the water money.

This is Project Natick

Satya Nadella: The cloud is going to move underwater

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella says that underwater server farms are part of the company's plans for future data centers.

Microsoft has been experimenting with underwater servers for some time. Project Natick put a server pod underwater off the coast of California in 2016. Naturally enough, the pod uses water cooling, dumping waste heat into the ocean around it. It's designed as a sealed unit, deployed for five years before being brought back up to the surface and replaced. Since then, Microsoft has deployed a larger pod off the coast of Scotland.

Speaking at the company's Future Decoded conference in London, Nadella said that undersea deployments are "the way [Microsoft] will think about data center regions and expansion." He cites proximity to humans as a particular advantage: about 50 percent of the world's population lives within 120 miles of a coast. Putting servers in the ocean means that they can be near population centers, which in turn ensures lower latencies. Low latencies are particularly important for real-time services, including Microsoft's forthcoming Xcloud game streaming service.

The other big advantage Nadella cited is the speed at which servers can be deployed this way. Without the need to build an actual data center, he said that from start to finish the Scottish pod took just 90 days to build and deploy. This shorter time to market means that the company can be reactive, adding extra server capacity near to where it's needed on demand. This is in contrast to land-based data centers, where the company has to guess what future demand will be and hence how big a site is required.

The Scottish deployment is wind powered, taking its power from the Orkney Islands and their 100-percent renewable generation. As the cost of offshore wind generation continues to fall, one could even imagine that offshore data centers could be paired with offshore wind farms.

This is the result of that endeavor.

Microsoft's Underwater Server Experiment Looks Like a Success - IGN

In 2018 Microsoft had the idea to sink an entire data center to the bottom of the Scottish sea as an experiment to see if submerged conditions were better for data centers. After two years, Microsoft resurfaced its nautical data center and discovered the results turned out great.Microsoft sunk 864 servers, which contained 27.6 petabytes of storage, down 117 feet into the ocean. Microsoft’s Project Natick team believed these underwater conditions would actually be more energy-efficient and better overall for data centers. And it looks like they were correct.

As it turns out, underwater data centers had just one-eight the failure rate of on-land data centers. The reason is that on land factors like oxygen, moisture in the air can corrode computer components. Not to mention the many temperature fluctuations over time.

Meanwhile, if data centers are placed in Microsoft’s submerged pods, engineers can create a stable environment where they control factors like humidity and oxygen, or just keep data centers away from people who might break things themselves.

Having deployable data centers like this can also allow companies to build servers near coastal areas that need them.

This is all about Microsoft being on their business shyt. We are going to get some dope games out of the deal from them but make no mistake about it, they are on their
Embrace, extend, and extinguish shyt again, I put the link in there to educate. There are millions of people in the world that are not married to the idea of brands or consoles to play their games. As long as the device has a screen, everything is ready to go for their favorite game. The paradigm has shifted, it truly has. Consoles will still have a place in the market but by making other ways to access games, consoles become less important in the grand scheme of things. However, Microsoft is so far ahead of everyone else when it comes to cloud computing, this was their biggest gamble as an organization in a while and it paid off for them.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Y'all gotta stop doing these self inflicted mind tricks, thinking that these two companies operating on the same playing field.

I'm looking right now. Sony's market cap right now is 99.492B, Microsoft's is 1.548T

Microsoft's market cap can move more than the entirety of Sony's market cap in a less than a week. Two random examples

• 10/6 Microsoft's market cap was 1.56 Trillion. On 10/13 it was 1.69 Trillion. That is a 130 billion dollar swing in valuation in 7 days.
  • 9/2 their market cap was 1.76 trillion, on 9/8 it was 1.54. A swing of 200 Billion, or two of Sony, in a week.

They got put the Cloud in the water money.

This is Project Natick

Satya Nadella: The cloud is going to move underwater

This is the result of that endeavor.

Microsoft's Underwater Server Experiment Looks Like a Success - IGN

This is all about Microsoft being on their business shyt. We are going to get some dope games out of the deal from them but make no mistake about it, they are on their
Embrace, extend, and extinguish shyt again, I put the link in there to educate. There are millions of people in the world that are not married to the idea of brands or consoles to play their games. As long as the device has a screen, everything is ready to go for their favorite game. The paradigm has shifted, it truly has. Consoles will still have a place in the market but by making other ways to access games, consoles become less important in the grand scheme of things. However, Microsoft is so far ahead of everyone else when it comes to cloud computing, this was their biggest gamble as an organization in a while and it paid off for them.

You say all of this but still dont take into account that overseas xbox has like no influence...:mjlol: the world is just bigger than america and people keep forgetting sony runs that yard...:sas2: all these little ecosystems and gamepass only works if you have the subs to keep it going but if their reliant on an american subscriber base... then...:mindblown:

ALSO: I wanted to add Nadella gonna want his money back no matter what...:sas2: he's not gonna be happy when it doesn't pan out...Not at all...:bryan:

Last edited:

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
Yall nikkas obsessed with this. Just buy a goddamn Xbox :mjlol:

Nadella ain't sweatin that cash. They make that shyt back in half a quarter. This was luxury buy for them not a investment. They could make this buy like 30 times :russ:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yall nikkas obsessed with this. Just buy a goddamn Xbox :mjlol:

Nadella ain't sweatin that cash. They make that shyt back in half a quarter. This was luxury buy for them not a investment. They could make this buy like 30 times :russ:

f50a0d160837a522786794ab23d25943.jpeg

People have gotten killed for less in the real world but im a let you cook...:mjgrin:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
Dog @iceberg_is_on_fire
Market cap ain't got shyt to do with nobody wanting to play console styled games thru phones and firesticks and shyt. That was my 9noy point. . All that Courtdog Titan graph is useless

Breh, I'm in the minority of playing like that. I'd prefer my consoles till I was dead and gone but, the next generation doesn't care about that, they don't care about any of that. They aren't going to live through the SNES vs Genesis wars we had with kids on the bus. Just today, my 12 year old downloaded The Escapists 2 on his tablet and was having the time of his life. We are fossils compared to the way a lot of people consume things nowadays. Try explaining a world without broadband internet to a kid that never had to go without it. People will easily embrace a streaming future. They are doing it now as they did for other forms of multimedia, what is one more? All this while I clutch my physical games. I'm not saying that I'm in favor of that future that is being presented to us. I'm just not going to be bullheaded and pretend it won't happen. I tried streaming an Xbox One game on my Samsung Tab S7 and it worked better than I would have liked to be honest because that lets me know that the future I see will be here soon if not already. If someone would have told me that was a native game to the tablet, I'd have believed them.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Breh, I'm in the minority of playing like that. I'd prefer my consoles till I was dead and gone but, the next generation doesn't care about that, they don't care about any of that. They aren't going to live through the SNES vs Genesis wars we had with kids on the bus. Just today, my 12 year old downloaded The Escapists 2 on his tablet and was having the time of his life. We are fossils compared to the way a lot of people consume things nowadays. Try explaining a world without broadband internet to a kid that never had to go without it. People will easily embrace a streaming future. They are doing it now as they did for other forms of multimedia, what is one more? All this while I clutch my physical games. I'm not saying that I'm in favor of that future that is being presented to us. I'm just not going to be bullheaded and pretend it won't happen. I tried streaming an Xbox One game on my Samsung Tab S7 and it worked better than I would have liked to be honest because that lets me know that the future I see will be here soon if not already. If someone would have told me that was a native game to the tablet, I'd have believed them.
You are an exception. The reason ps now was taken off TV's and blu-ray players was the demand wasn't there. Console/pc games on mobile phones and firesticks just ain't the wave.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
With phil saying they wont increase gamepass's price, i dont see how Elder scrolls or Starfield can be profitable for Xbox
unless they make it for the PS5 or phil goes back on his word and actually increase the price of gamepass.
Netflix started at 4.99... it's now 17.99....

We all know how this is going to go