An iPhone Factory in China Just Fired 60,000 Employees and Replaced Them with Robots

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
An iPhone Factory in China Just Fired 60,000 Employees and Replaced Them With...

Man, this shyt is messed up. Tons of people will be losing their jobs in the future.

I don't know what I'm going to do to be able to provide for myself. 30 and unemployed/broke and now after reading this....

In a way you aren't in that bad of a position. Especially if you don't have any real serious college debt. Think of all the grads 5,10,15 years ago. who might have dropped 50 grand or so on a degree that wont exist in 2020-2030

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
In a way you aren't in that bad of a position. Especially if you don't have any real serious college debt. Think of all the grads 5,10,15 years ago. who might have dropped 50 grand or so on a degree that wont exist in 2020-2030

I am 30 years old and unemployed/broke.

I have a two year degree in Business Management and have 60,000 in student loan debt.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:francis:Then people wonder why I been faithfully paying off debt for years. When I get clear, I'm getting as many revenue streams popping as I can.

Start a clothing line and get a fabric printer alongside a 3d printer, amongst other things, and put in work. Unless there is talk of "Universal basic income", your employability

is a wash the second some Poindexter programs Wall-E to do your work for you.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I am 30 years old and unemployed/broke.

I have a two year degree in Business Management and have 60,000 in student loan debt.

giphy-3.gif

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Learn something a robot won't be doing anytime soon

Deep learning AI will replace a lot of management jobs, there's already an AI boss in Japan -
Well, kinda-sorta. The announcement details a new initiative in which artificial intelligence (AI) technology is being used to determine workflows and employee duties in real time. Specifically, an AI “boss” was put in charge of a warehouse management system, where it managed to effect an 8 percent increase in efficiency among its humanservants workers.

Meet the New Boss: The World’s First Artificial-Intelligence Manager?

There's not much we can do that they wont be able to do in the future.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Someone has to program the robot

Someone has to do maintenance on the robots

Someone has to design the robots

Its rough out here, you have to stay ahead of the curve.

The other direction is healthcare. People always gon be sick brehs. The company I work for is developing service robots but people will want the human touch in that sector for awhile.

Eventually the AI will do all of that on it's own, self replicating machines are a part of the future as well.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
:laff:

Apple ain't dropping those prices..:skip:

Something's gotta give. You can't charge 700 for a product people you just fired can't afford. In the short term companies will cake off the margins but in the long run demand and prices will have to come down. Not everyone can work in the office. If all these companies threatening to go robotic do it there will be a lot of people who can't afford to buy there stuff

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas decided paying their employees dirt was too much, they need that extra little bit they paying them for their own pockets:laff:

Proof that no matter how low the minimum wage is, if you can be replaced by free labor that's essentially more efficient, and doesn't get sick, you will be replaced. Automation is going to fukk a lot of places hard, and that's especially true for a place that relies heavily on manufacturing like China.