Americans are some sick pathetic b*stards.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I got a meal, and a Cinnabon at Wendy’s on Sunday, and it was $18.03. I’m good on fast food.

And the Wendy’s Cinnabon is trash by the way.

We’ll occasionally order sushi, but we’ve been cut down on takeout significantly.
I'm about to cut down on takeout. Those that can't either can't cook or are too damn lazy to cook.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
But how many $8 meals/day? 7 days a week?

An egg and oatmeal, toast, whatever, for breakfast plus salad and meat, rice, potatoes, veggies, etc throughout the week is cheaper. 🤷🏾‍♀️
for a week that alone is a $100, again eating out at $8 a day for a week comes down to $56. literally half the price

I eat once a day

now eating out more than twice a day is odee but i don't eat breakfast only lunch and i skip dinner and drink my protein shake
I would challenge anyone on the coli to post their hometown. And let us all check the local supermarkets to see if it's really cost prohibitive to cook their food at home.

:unimpressed:
please do bro, I'm game im actually tired of wasting money, for food i feel like should be extremely cheap

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
for a week that alone is a $100, again eating out at $8 a day for a week comes down to $56. literally half the price

I eat once a day

please do bro, I'm game im actually tired of wasting money, for food i feel like should be extremely cheap

Where do you live where you can eat on $8/day? What type of meal is that?:mjlol:

FYI, I can fix a full meal for about $8 and have plenty left over for the next day. I can go the grocery store and take pictures if you want.

Boneless skinless chicken thighs $4
Sweet potatoes (2) $2
Frozen Broccoli $2

That's about $10 after tax, but that's 2 days worth of food you'll be full on. So $5/day.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Where do you live where you can eat on $8/day? What type of meal is that?:mjlol:

FYI, I can fix a full meal for about $8 and have plenty left over for the next day.

Boneless skinless chicken thighs $4
Sweet potatoes (2) $2
Frozen Broccoli $2

That's about $10 after tax, but that's 2 days worth of food you'll be full on. So $5/day.
I live in mass, these hispanic spots be selling food for dirt cheap

where the fukk you live where skinless chicken is $4 :dahell:

That's almost double here the lowest i seen is $6 and that is for a pack of 2 chicken thighs

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think anyone is spending $8 a day ordering out.

That's $8 for one meal. Maybe. And I think that's a low estimate.

I work in midtown Manhattan and you can't even get a BEC and Coffee for less than $11.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would say it's conservative that people eating out once or twice a day are spending between $10 and $25 per day.

That's $300 to $750 a month.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It happens when people get older. :manny:

Pretty arrogant to assume that only fat people have health problems though :mjtf:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I live in mass, these hispanic spots be selling food for dirt cheap

where the fukk you live where skinless chicken is $4 :dahell:

That's almost double here the lowest i seen is $6 and that is for a pack of 2 chicken thighs

Y'all bout to make me go to the grocery store and come back with receipts:ufdup: Only time I spend a decent money is if I pick up Salmon or very organic things.

I don't think anyone is spending $8 a day ordering out.

That's $8 for one meal. Maybe. And I think that's a low estimate.

I work in midtown Manhattan and you can't even get a BEC and Coffee for less than $11.

Dudes probably talking about hot dog carts or something. You can get 2 burgers off the McDonald's Menus. But I can beat that $24/day real easy.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps

I eat once a day

now eating out more than twice a day is odee but i don't eat breakfast only lunch and i skip dinner and drink my protein shake

You eat once a day? You must not workout. Whats your height and weight?

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Y'all bout to make me go to the grocery store and come back with receipts:ufdup: Only time I spend a decent money is if I pick up Salmon or very organic things.

Dudes probably talking about hot dog carts or something. You can get 2 burgers off the McDonald's Menus. But I can beat that $24/day real easy.
no bro these domicans have restaurants where I can walk in and get rice, beans, and chicken for $5 (Small) or $8 (large) a plate. if you from mass and live in a place like lowell, lawrence, or lynn you will know exactly wtf i'm talkin about

i can go to my local market basket and show you these prices are outta control here just like the rent
You eat once a day? You must not workout. Whats your height and weight?
I work out, been in the gym everyday except this week. I got sick from staying out too long this weekend in the cold :snoop:

my gains been going up steadily, i don't need to eat a lot i notice my metabolism is slower than others unfortunately

6' @ 235lbs

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
no bro these domicans have restaurants where I can walk in and get rice, beans, and chicken for $5 (Small) or $8 (large) a plate. if you from mass and live in a place like lowell, lawrence, or lynn you will know exactly wtf i'm talkin about

i can go to my local market basket and show you these prices are outta control here just like the rent

I work out, been in the gym everyday except this week. I got sick from staying out too long this weekend in the cold :snoop:

my gains been going up steadily, i don't need to eat a lot i notice my metabolism is slower than others unfortunately

6' @ 235lbs
That's why NYC is goated. So many local food spots that sell you way better food than these fast food chains. But nothing beats home cooked food from a Dominican mom. :ahh:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Grindtoofilthy mentioned the Dominican spots in Lynn.

There's a Stop and Shop in Lynn and I looked up their prices. And granted, Stop & Shop is going to be more expensive than other supermarkets, but they're not as bad as Whole Foods.

5 lbs of bone-in chicken thighs: $9.45 -- and that brings about 10 thighs
5 lbs bag of rice: $4.49
5 lbs bag of red potatoes: $4.79 -- and it's buy one, get one free
42 oz tub of oats: $4.99

These are just examples I'm seeing on their website right now. What's that? $25 I listed up above?
I don't know what person can say that's cost prohibitive.

You go like $50 or $65 deep and that can definitely last you 2 weeks.
And that's not even the cheap supermarket.

I remember seeing a clip once of...Jeff Cavalier, the Athlean X guy. He said something like a food equation is 3 parts. Fast, Cheap and Healthy, you can only pick 2 out of 3. So a meal can be fast and healthy, but it's not gonna be cheap. It can be fast and cheap, but it's not gonna be healthy. Or it can be cheap and healthy but it's not gonna be fast.

So there is some effort that needs to be put forth but it's not complicated.
And if something is going to require effort, your own health is worth it.