Americans are some sick pathetic b*stards.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Yanks just being yanks - nothing to see here.

You lot need to slow down on eating GMO foods & 7XL portions. This is what happens when you eat like a glutton, especially when it’s unhealthy foods with high cholesterol.
Easier said than done the food here is mostly designed to kill you :francis:

Bread be having 45g of sugar for absolutely no reason

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Yanks just being yanks - nothing to see here.

You lot need to slow down on eating GMO foods & 7XL portions. This is what happens when you eat like a glutton, especially when it’s unhealthy foods with high cholesterol.
We had a thread in here about how much better and cost effective it is to cook @ home and ppl were trying to downplay the reasons we gave and call people broke lol

It isn’t just about the $; it’s about the way the food is prepared. Diet is directly linked to numerous health issues and cooking healthy meals from home is a major way to maintain your health.

Like I said, personally, my fast food is panera, chipotle, etc. And even with that you still need to make healthy choices- like salads, etc.

All these fast food spots on every corner-
McDs, BK, Wendy’s, pizza places, etc. That’s stuff you can eat once in a blue moon.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn I made the list.

Stupid ass doctor had me on losartan because they couldn't diagnose that I didn't have high blood pressure but I had an inflamed lining in my heart

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We had a thread in here about how much better and cost effective it is to cook @ home and ppl were trying to downplay the reasons we gave and call people broke lol

It isn’t just about the $; it’s about the way the food is prepared. Diet is directly linked to numerous health issues and cooking healthy meals from home is a major way to maintain your health.

Like I said, personally, my fast food is panera, chipotle, etc. And even with that you still need to make healthy choices- like salads, etc.

McDs, BK, Wendy’s, pizza places, etc. That’s stuff you can eat once in a blue moon.
They don't hear you.

They don't want to put any effort into preparing the foot that goes into their body. And they think they can put off some of it until they have more time or more money. And they'll never do it because those are excuses.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH

They don't hear you.

They don't want to put any effort into preparing the foot that goes into their body. And they think they can put off some of it until they have more time or more money. And they'll never do it because those are excuses.
While you're both right you have to look at the COL city to city, here in the bean sometimes it might literally be cheaper to eat out than to buy groceries depending on what your diet is.

I reduced my food intake to just salad, chicken, and water and that alone cost me $60-$70 per week, some places around me offer $8 meals a day that seems way more cost effective

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
While you're both right you have to look at the COL city to city, here in the bean sometimes it might literally be cheaper to eat out than to buy groceries depending on what your diet is.

I reduced my food intake to just salad, chicken, and water and that alone cost me $60-$70 per week, some places around me offer $8 meals a day that seems way more cost effective
But how many $8 meals/day? 7 days a week?

An egg and oatmeal, toast, whatever, for breakfast plus salad and meat, rice, potatoes, veggies, etc throughout the week is cheaper. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I would challenge anyone on the coli to post their hometown. And let us all check the local supermarkets to see if it's really cost prohibitive to cook their food at home.

:unimpressed:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But how many $8 meals/day? 7 days a week?

An egg and oatmeal, toast, whatever, for breakfast plus salad and meat, rice, potatoes, veggies, etc throughout the week is cheaper. 🤷🏾‍♀️
Curious where in the country a bag of potatoes or oatmeal is expensive.

The biggest issue is probably meat. And there are ways to save money there. But I'll concede that chicken and beef prices are tough.

Daps
I got a meal, and a Cinnabon at Wendy’s on Sunday, and it was $18.03. I’m good on fast food.

And the Wendy’s Cinnabon is trash by the way.

We’ll occasionally order sushi, but we’ve been cut down on takeout significantly.