American Horror Story: Freak Show (Season 4)

Hammer

Banned
Daps
every white girl loves this show for some reason

this season is terrible, it hasn't been good since season 1

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
it is, Jessica Lange is the hammiest actress on tv, the double headers suck, Kathy Bates's accent is the worst I've ever heard and refuse to believe it's authentic to any region, dude's lobster hands looks fake as fukk for no reason, they clearly can do good prosthetics/makeup, yet they're clearly fake, they're singing Fiona Apple songs in 1950, etc

but i guess that's all part of the charm.
and despite all that, you're still gunna watch it every week...now aint ya?:ufdup:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
and despite all that, you're still gunna watch it every week...now aint ya?:ufdup:
i wouldn't watch a damn thing if i wasn't allowed to critique it. there's absolutely no fun watching something and leaving thinking "eh, that was pretty good." i prefer shows and movies to have stupid parts that bother me. Also, i fail to see the point of message boards if not to shyt on things. if we liked every second of every show, it would be a weird circle jerk with no discussion whatsoever. "this part was good." "i like this dude." "ohhh, me too!" boring

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Its 1952 in a predominately white town in Florida. What other job is a working class middle-aged black woman at that time and place going to have?
I don't see why everybody is so bothered by this.

:comeon: Cac Alert!! I will try to explain it to you since you are white, it would be like if Madonna showed up in a episode of AHS and played a nurse. You would be like :why: :dahell:at the randomness of that. So it not just about Patti Labelle playing a cook.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:comeon: Cac Alert!! I will try to explain it to you since you are white, it would be like if Madonna showed up in a episode of AHS and played a nurse. You would be like :why: :dahell:at the randomness of that. So it not just about Patti Labelle playing a cook.
:stopitslime:
So you think that they cast Labelle as just a maid who shows up twice an episode to bring the Mott's their dinner? is that why you are upset?
If so then you are acting like an ass for nothing because her role is bigger than that as explained in multiple interviews and stories about the show before the season aired.
As first reported by TV Line, LaBelle — who will not sing on the series — will play a local townie who begins to unravel the deadly secrets of Twisty the clown killer, the mother of Gabourey Sidibe's character.
And if Madonna showed up as a nurse in an episode of AHS I would expect there to be more to her story than just changing bedpans. But I am not an alarmist fake militant trying to fight the power from the comfort of my keyboard.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
:stopitslime:
So you think that they cast Labelle as just a maid who shows up twice an episode to bring the Mott's their dinner? is that why you are upset?
If so then you are acting like an ass for nothing because her role is bigger than that as explained in multiple interviews and stories about the show before the season aired.
As first reported by TV Line, LaBelle — who will not sing on the series — will play a local townie who begins to unravel the deadly secrets of Twisty the clown killer, the mother of Gabourey Sidibe's character.
And if Madonna showed up as a nurse in an episode of AHS I would expect there to be more to her story than just changing bedpans. But I am not an alarmist fake militant trying to fight the power from the comfort of my keyboard.

:dahell::childplease:I am not reading your spoiler, I knew the new AHS is about freak shows/carnivals etc. and that is it. I don't care if Patti Labelle has a bigger role, it is yet again the randomness of the casting.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't see how it is random though. Patti acts sometimes, Ryan Murphy is a huge fan and a flaming homosexual who likes to have women he idolizes in his projects. It is not so out of left field. it is the same reason he cast Patti LuPone in the small role of the neighbor who abused her son last season.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I don't see how it is random though. Patti acts sometimes, Ryan Murphy is a huge fan and a flaming homosexual who likes to have women he idolizes in his projects. It is not so out of left field. it is the same reason he cast Patti LuPone in the small role of the neighbor who abused her son last season.

I agree about this part, but agree to disagree about "randomness". :manny: