American Horror Story: Asylum (Season 2 This October)

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
'American Horror Story': Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters Returning for Season 3 - Hollywood Reporter

Following a screening of the second-season finale, co-creator Ryan Murphy told reporters that next year would be about "female power" and revolve around a female icon.
Jessica Lange isn't the only member of American Horror Story returning for season three. During a Thursday press screening of Wednesday's second-season finale of Asylum, co-creator Ryan Murphy confirmed to reporters that both Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters would be coming back for next season.

While details about next season -- including its likely subtitle -- are again being kept under wraps, Murphy confirmed that it would be a modern-day story revolving around Lange. "We do have a great icon, and it's a woman," he said, noting that the show would again be inspired by things that he's personally interested in.

"I always start off with things that I've always been obsessed with," Murphy said. "The season that we're just about to do is another thing like that asylum thing that I was always really interested in as a kid. I come up with the story, and it's obviously always now crafted around Jessica, for the most part. Before I talk to anybody, I go to her and tell her what the story is and tell her what the character is and she has input. This year, she said, 'I would like to work with X, Y, Z,' people she's always wanted to work with."

While details of Lange's exact role -- like everything else -- are scarce, Murphy said she would play a "really glamor-cat sort of lady."

"I will say that for season three, we are going to have some actors from season one who will return. I like that idea. I know that those actors are interested in that," he noted.

After two seasons of death and (literal) insanity, the Glee and New Normal co-creator also said AHS would explore familiar themes. "What season three is about is more historical in nature," he teased. "I'm also interested in getting into a horror romance. That's certainly something that's going to be in the water for season three."

"You're going to see a very different tone in season three, but that's the joy of the show," he added. "I think as a person right now I do feel lighter and wanting to embrace something a little bit more fun."

Like season two, Murphy told reporters that next year would again jump between time periods -- and cities -- and again remain a self-contained 13-episode season.

"I hope the show goes for 10 years, because I have so many different kinds of horror that I would like to write about," he said. "I love that you can jump periods, you can play with different actors. I know the actors love playing different characters, so it's something that we'll always stay with."

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
just finished the finale. Thought it was a great ending. When the asylum shyt started to climax the show started to lose me. shyt got bit too crazy for me to care about. This finale wrapped it up in a good way, that made me appreciate the whole season more. shyt I hope this shyt does go ten years.

Jessica Lange :salute:

edite: Just read through the last few pages, guess I'm alone in enjoying the finale :flabbynsick:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
just finished the finale. Thought it was a great ending. When the asylum shyt started to climax the show started to lose me. shyt got bit too crazy for me to care about. This finale wrapped it up in a good way, that made me appreciate the whole season more. shyt I hope this shyt does go ten years.

Jessica Lange :salute:

edite: Just read through the last few pages, guess I'm alone in enjoying the finale :flabbynsick:

Nah it was great but probably a bit underwhelming towards the end. Overall a good season, maybe not as good as S1 but still good :obama:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I wanted more explanation about the aliens and why they chose Kit/what they had planned for his kids and that was the only part of the finale that I wasn't cool with.
I did read something from Ryan Murphy where he said that he wanted to keep the alien stuff vague to keep in tune with the spirit of the alien abduction stories that started becoming more common at the time and were always shrouded in mystery and never fully explained.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Horror romance? So its gonna be some twilight shyt? :what:

I don't think they would do that to us. A lot of the classic horror stories dealt with romance at its core...Dracula was basically a love story, same with The Wolfman, and the Mummy.
So it can be done without descending into the treacly and vapid areas of Twilight.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Like others have said other than the Kit storyline with the aliens they wrapped shyt up perfectly to me. And even with that i guess you can draw the conclusion that the aliens came and got Kit and now he's with them. Maybe the creator wants us to make our own opinion of what happened with Kit and the aliens.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Sarah Paulson should have the Golden Globe this year, not Jessica Lange...
Lana Winters was a cold blooded lady :wow:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what I thought too. The end showed she was just allowed to walk out of the asylum and was never imprisoned there.

it could also be showing another choice she could have made - instead of being greedy chasing ambition she could have left the asylum, her girl would still be alive and she wouldnt have been raped and tortured

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am amazed by how many people got so confused by them showing an extended version of Lana and Sister Jude's first encounter at Briarcliff.
Remember Lana snuck back into Briarcliff after her first attempt at getting to talk to Kit, ran into Sister Mary eunice in the woods, Mary Eunice brought her back into Briarcliff throught the secret tunnel, Lana began snooping around on her own, got knocked out and when she woke up she had been committed to Briarcliff by a judge thanks to a statement from her lesbian lover.
Everything happened just as we saw it, all that little flashback scene at the end did was show that Jude was very good at reading people and that Lana's ambition caused her to make the bad decision to come back to Briarcliff instead of walking away completely.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am amazed by how many people got so confused by them showing an extended version of Lana and Sister Jude's first encounter at Briarcliff.
Remember Lana snuck back into Briarcliff after her first attempt at getting to talk to Kit, ran into Sister Mary eunice in the woods, Mary Eunice brought her back into Briarcliff throught the secret tunnel, Lana began snooping around on her own, got knocked out and when she woke up she had been committed to Briarcliff by a judge thanks to a statement from her lesbian lover.
Everything happened just as we saw it, all that little flashback scene at the end did was show that Jude was very good at reading people and that Lana's ambition caused her to make the bad decision to come back to Briarcliff instead of walking away completely.

good point forgot about that :beli:

btw watched it last night and i thought the finale was good. not as good as the middle episodes though. they killed off dr arden and mary eunice too fast

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Maybe i missed something, what happened to that black angel of death in two episodes ago, when she was rooming at Briarcliff?