American Horror Story: 1984 Discussion Thread (Season 9)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
After season one

What should i watch
people say s2 is dope, but that's still a season I couldn't finish/get into

I personally liked S3 Coven, S6 Cult, S7 Apocolyse. The other seasons are hit or miss, cause they all have a bad habit of dropping the ball towards the end (even the seasons I liked)

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was alright but I am afraid of investing hours into some ridiculous ass twist that makes zero sense. I'm a big slasher fan but sitting down for an hour each week waiting for this nikka to off one of the counselors may seem a bit much.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
First episode was dope. As others have said, there has to be a swerve or plot twist though, because there's no way that if THIS is all there is to the story that it would already be this far along.

A lot of shyt happened in this first episode.

BTW the 80's themed credits are dope. I think it's cool too how they have the aspect ratio back how it was on old TVs also.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
*those moments when - "yep...i'll never understand men"*

emma roberts the most basic looking white girl, how are yall sweating her? :gucci:
I haven't made any comments so far but I'll try my best with 3 responses

1. Fame. That shyt instantly makes anyone more attractive. Men that most women wouldn't give 2 fukks about instantly become more magnetic and attractive when they're famous. Women's attractiveness level doesn't rise in most men's eyes with fame to same degree as men's attractiveness does in women's eyes...but it does raise a little bit. So the fact that she's famous is playing a part.

2. The eyes. She's got bedroom eyes and they give away her kinkiness. Her eyes and facial expressions make me positive that she's an animal in bed.

3. Types. Lots of guys i know have a different type, and for each type there's a top level to it. So she may not be my type, but as far as basic looking white girls go (to use your well-put words) she's one of the top-notch basic white girls IMO.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Nah I disagree. I may be bias but I love all the seasons.... except for the Roanoke season :scust:that season I hated for a weird reason
I didn't love it but I really liked the idea of it, because the whole Roanoke mystery is one of my favorite mysteries, and I thought that season had more potential to be creative than what they ended up doing.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'll never get the hype of Coven

*those moments when - "yep...i'll never understand men"*

emma roberts the most basic looking white girl, how are yall sweating her? :gucci:
I'll always remember her as Addie off of Unfabulous, and that came on during my childhood so I'm :scust:at some of these posts.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
1. Fame.

2. The eyes. She's got bedroom eyes and they give away her kinkiness. Her eyes and facial expressions make me positive that she's an animal in bed.

thought that first point said "frame" i was like :dwillhuh:

she got them big goofy anne hathaway/emma stone eyes....but if that's a thing :hubie:

anyway, mad yall talking about plot switch, i mean it's murphy so some fukkery is bound to happen, but i'm not thinking it will be a whole different plot switch as much as adding another plot or two...he always has 2-3 different stories going.

and yes, they got this 80's shyt so right...funny watching this and "stranger things" bring back those days...the opening credits perfectly captured the feeling of the rabbit ear TV days of my early childhood :blessed: