"American Fiction" | December 2023 | starring Jeffrey Wright, Issa Rae & Sterling K. Brown

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
This was a great fukking film. I can’t stop thinking about it.

i don’t think it will win Oscar’s because it’s shytting on the people who decide those awards but it should at least get nominations for Cord Jefferson and Jeffrey Wright at least

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
This was a great fukking film. I can’t stop thinking about it.

i don’t think it will win Oscar’s because it’s shytting on the people who decide those awards but it should at least get nominations for Cord Jefferson and Jeffrey Wright at least
I think there is a good chance it will get recognized. They like subversive stuff at times.

Great movie. The main plot was great but also the family dynamics was executed very well.

Jeffrey Wright is one of my all time favorites actors so was good to see him in a lead role where he got to shine.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
I saw this last night. Movie was hilarious. It dealt with some of the same themes as Hollywood Shuffle and Bamboozled.

Issa Rea was looking good and I didn't know Tracee Ellis Ross was in this.

Jeffery Wright is a great actor but Sterling K Brown stole every scene and should get award for supporting actor.

It's crazy this movie was only playing on one screen in my entire city

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I’m so damn jealous of those who got to see this. Between this, Poor Things, and surely The Zone of Interest, it has been hard finding showtimes in the local area.
It's really frustrating. It's like movie theatres are allergic to good movies. It's the same thing with radio. They only play stuff with mass appeal and it ends up being cookie cutter. I'm going to try to find a theatre this week that plays this, but I know I'll have to travel a bit.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I’m so damn jealous of those who got to see this. Between this, Poor Things, and surely The Zone of Interest, it has been hard finding showtimes in the local area.

It's really frustrating. It's like movie theatres are allergic to good movies. It's the same thing with radio. They only play stuff with mass appeal and it ends up being cookie cutter. I'm going to try to find a theatre this week that plays this, but I know I'll have to travel a bit.
do you all live in or near big cities?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
do you all live in or near big cities?
I live in the median between DC and Richmond. Nearly had to drive two hours (thanks to traffic) just to go see ‘Poor Things’, lmao. Fortunately, it was well worth the drive, but to keep on doing this is exhausting.

Live 45 min away from an Alamo Drafthouse. American Fiction isn’t showing at that location, but it’s listed at the one in DC. Which I guess makes sense since there are a lot more movie-goers/critics in that vicinity, but GOD DAMN.

Catching these releases is akin to trying to snag some toilet paper rolls during the break of COVID. Like, it shouldn’t be this tasking.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I live in the median between DC and Richmond. Nearly had to drive two hours (thanks to traffic) just to go see ‘Poor Things’, lmao. Fortunately, it was well worth the drive, but to keep on doing this is exhausting.

Live 45 min away from an Alamo Drafthouse. American Fiction isn’t showing at that location, but it’s listed at the one in DC. Which I guess makes sense since there are a lot more movie-goers/critics in that vicinity, but GOD DAMN.

Catching these releases is akin to trying to snag some toilet paper rolls during the break of COVID. Like, it shouldn’t be this tasking.
living in dc area most of my life and now Austin, movies tend to show up. The Alamo Drafthouse usually got me.