American cities have too much Suburban Sprawl

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Great thread,

Suburbia is a crime against humanity; colossal waste of space, destruction of nature, inhumane condition for the human and devastation of prime farmland.

Medium density is the way forward, everything should be within 5km radius for the human. Work, School, Sports, Socializing, Parks and so on. Anything else is poor planning.

More people, less land utilization with “excess” land used for prime organic farming which nourishes the people.

You don’t need that much space. A home should only be utilized for sleep, outside of sleeping you should be outdoors, doing something productive or socializing.

the-painted-ladies-of.jpg

hampden-row-houses-BALTIMORE0817.jpg

Victorian-terraces-Carlton_550x350.jpg

300px-U_of_Leeds_-_Terraces.jpg

3000.jpg

:ahh::banderas::ohlawd:

100% agree

Think of it this way. Look at the idea of a Walmart

There aren't alot of Walmart within the city limits of the walkable urban cities. And that isn't by accident. Those cities KNOW what a Walmart would do to a community. Urban cities all have loads of small businesses within walking distance which has products better than anything Walmart can provide. And the key is that all the money paid in these small businesses strengthens a community, because the money stays in the community

Think of a suburb. Lack of small businesses.
- You buy all your products from Walmart, Kohls, Target, Krogers, etc etc. Big corporations that suck money out the community
- You buy your gas to drive long distances back to your suburb, to some billion dollar oil international company that again sucks the money out of your community
- You eat at the large chain fast food and restaurants, which are headquartered 1000 miles from where you live, again sucking money out of the community
- The amount of area the suburbs cover means more maintenance on the roads and infrastructure is required by the city and state government. Which again taxes are raised taking money out of the resident's pockets

Suburbia supports Corporations. More compact areas support the city. Those huge corporations literally sucks the money out of the community and into their offshore accounts and stock holdings

And ya'll wonder why the American economy is in bad shape

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Houston is the most terribly laid out big city in the country that’s not old as hell(Philly,Boston). Literally the definition of urban sprawl, also has no decent public transit system

I don’t care how cheap it is to live down there I couldn’t imagine sitting in traffic all day cuz it’s no trains or nothing like that :scust:

How it’s the 4th largest city in the country with no commuter rail reaching the outskirts :what:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Houston is the most terribly laid out big city in the country that’s not old as hell(Philly,Boston). Literally the definition of urban sprawl, also has no decent public transit system

I don’t care how cheap it is to live down there I couldn’t imagine sitting in traffic all day cuz it’s no trains or nothing like that :scust:

How it’s the 4th largest city in the country with no commuter rail reaching the outskirts :what:
It's only the 4th largest city because it's 600 sq miles. If Philadelphia or DC was that big, it would jump right past Houston. Hell if Chicago was that big, it would jump right back to being the second largest city in the US. Any city in America except maybe New York that has 600 sq miles will be mostly suburban. In my personal opinion, the area inside loop 610 is the "city" of Houston and that's only 96 sq miles. That's more than enough to even put 2 million people in it. This is the only place where you can have a cohesive consistent urban area. Nearly everything outside of it will remain suburbia. But they don't have commuter rail for one reason...politics.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
I like the suburbs!

I grew up in NYC, and thought it was the best way to live, but once you get older, living up under people all the time gets to you. Having space is so peaceful, but you have to have money to buy the things needed to travel. In that case, city life is better. If you have money, living in the suburbs, and going to the city when you want to hang out, is the way to go.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
sprawl-s.jpg

Just fukking disgust me. fukk anybody who lives in a city or neighborhood like this. No culture, no seasoning. Everbody got the same floor plan. This is 100% why people shoot up neighborhoods and get hooked on dope and commit sucides and school shootings. Can you imagine growing up in a neighborhood where everything looks the same. Jesus christ.
Cause crime never happens in urban areas rih? :pachaha: