American Cities Are Ugly

bnew

Veteran
Daps
unfortunately you Are right. I lived in these “walkable cities” they are just gentrified for upper income or professionals. That shyt gets old after a while. All these bike lanes and fake artisan sandwhich shops aint gonna last.
charliemurphy-wrong.gif

the data saids something different.

Bike lanes led to 49% increase in retail sales | Boing Boing

snippet:
East Village, New York City
A neighborhood survey of 420 people on First and Second avenues in Manhattan's East Village, home to protected bike lanes, found that aggregate spending by non-drivers accounted for 95 percent of all retail spending in the area. That's not too surprising in New York, given the great transit infrastructure, but the figures remain impressive. Cyclists spent about $163 per week on average, compared to $143 among drivers.
Los Angeles, California
Business data was collected along York Avenue in Los Angeles before and after a road diet that replaced car lanes with bike lanes. The change was found to have "little effect on surrounding businesses, property values, and customer shopping patterns." Sales tax revenue, a proxy for business success, was higher on the section of York with the new bike lane than the section without it, $1,116,745 to $574,778 (though revenues rose post-road diet in both sections).

snippet:
The city has been tracking the impacts of the lanes on businesses. One 2012 study following the construction of a bike lane on 9th Avenue, found local businesses saw an increase in retail sales of up to 49 per cent, compared to a three per cent increase in the rest of Manhattan.

A broader evaluation of bike lanes in the Big Apple conducted by municipal officials in 2014 indicated that streets with protected bike lanes experienced retail sales spike by up to 24 per cent compared to streets without protected lanes.

In Salt Lake City, 2015 sales tax statistics also noted a sales bump with new bike lanes.

Positive results have been seen in San Francisco too; after bike lanes and wider sidewalks were installed, two-thirds of merchants reported that increased levels of bicycling and walking improved business, only four per cent said the changes hurt sales.

snippet:
Philadelphia, for instance, recently ended its longstanding policy of offering free on-street parking on Saturdays during the holiday season. The move was controversial, but some retailers embraced it. “The less cars the better — especially with people walking around with strollers,” Nina Braca, the manager of Tildie’s Toy Box, told the Philadelphia Inquirer.
In Toronto, for example, May 2020 plans to install temporary protected bike lanes on a section of Bloor Street that’s home to high-end retailers like Hermes and Louis Vuitton met resistance from the local Bloor-Yorkville Business Improvement Area (BIA). The group sent a letter to the mayor and city council warning that the new bike lanes would trigger a shopping apocalypse: “Should we lose a significant number of retailers in the coming months, it will take a decade for the street to recover,” the letter warned.

Briar de Lange, the BIA’s executive director, worried that the bike lanes would make Bloor Street less appealing to affluent shoppers. “When drivers can’t pull over, they get frustrated,” she said. “They will look to suburban shopping malls, instead of coming to our street.” Rather than build protected lanes, the BIA supported sticking with sharrows — the painted road markings much maligned by cyclists — which “had worked well over the past 10 years.”

In fighting the new bike lanes on Bloor Street — which Toronto did ultimately install — those businesses owners may have been working against their own interests. In 2016, many businesses on an adjacent section of Bloor Street also vehemently opposed the city’s replacement of 136 on-street parking spots with protected bike lanes. “It was quite controversial,” said Becky Katz, the manager of cycling and pedestrian projects for the city. “Most of the concerns we heard came from business owners.”

How Janette Sadik-Khan built New York City’s bicycle renaissance

DonB90

Superstar
Daps

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If I'm lying check OPs threads....do a search. His threads are primarily:

- YIMBY bullshyt
- Soft Gentrification bullshyt
- Anti-Car bullshyt
- Retweeting Greenwashing bullshyt
- Density bullshyt

This is the plant you guys don't see because he's hiding in plain sight.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps

- YIMBY bullshyt
- Anti-Car bullshyt
- Density bullshyt

:dead:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

- YIMBY bullshyt
- Anti-Car bullshyt
- Density bullshyt

GIGCX7C.gif

DonB90

Superstar
Daps

- YIMBY bullshyt
- Anti-Car bullshyt
- Density bullshyt

full

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
unfortunately you Are right. I lived in these “walkable cities” they are just gentrified for upper income or professionals. That shyt gets old after a while. All these bike lanes and fake artisan sandwhich shops aint gonna last.
The bike lanes will last because affluent young whites are moving to the cities now that they Black people have been priced out

And any pushback against it will result in major performative protests like Critical Mass or TransAlt shills laying down in the middle the street pretending that what they're doing isn't stopping the average NYer from going about their business in peace.

It's why you should always raise an eyebrow when they post "statistics" because those stats are usually flaws circle jerks taken by and only by the people who want the outcome that the anti-car nutjobs are looking for.

Go ahead...check the "sources" on these stats and do your research on their methodology

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The bike lanes will last because affluent young whites are moving to the cities now that they Black people have been priced out

And any pushback against it will result in major performative protests like Critical Mass or TransAlt shills laying down in the middle the street pretending that what they're doing isn't stopping the average NYer from going about their business in peace.

It's why you should always raise an eyebrow when they post "statistics" because those stats are usually flaws circle jerks taken by and only by the people who want the outcome that the anti-car nutjobs are looking for.

Go ahead...check the "sources" on these stats and do your research on their methodology
the average new-yorker that doesn't own a car?:gucci:

best not let statistics and facts sway your opinion..:rudy:

snippet:
The greener behavior of New Yorkers shows up in much lower rates of car ownership. New Yorkers own fewer than a third as many cars per capita as the average U.S. urban resident (about 23 per 100 residents compared to about 77 per 100 in most urban areas). If New Yorkers drove as much as the average American, the city would have 4.5 million more cars. Just storing the additional vehicles would require a parking lot the size of Manhattan—about 25 square miles.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
the average new-yorker that doesn't own a car?:gucci:

best not let statistics and facts sway your opinion..:rudy:

snippet:
Check his posts!! I'm not lying!

Do a full search on the threads he makes.

THEN go on Twitter and look at the accounts he reposts from there on here.

Look at what they post and who their followers are, where they work, what they do for a living, where they live, etc.

I promise ya'll it sounds like some Kyrie Irving tinfoil hat shyt but it's not.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
I'll take that explanation...your still wrong though :mjgrin:

This is the theme of the whole thread.

People givin logical explanations as to why, and OP doesn’t give a fukk cause he just went to travel somewhere abroad and wanted to let people know :mjlol: like a passport bro but instead of getting p*ssy you make a coli thread

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Check his posts!! I'm not lying!

Do a full search on the threads he makes.

THEN go on Twitter and look at the accounts he reposts from there on here.

Look at what they post and who their followers are, where they work, what they do for a living, where they live, etc.

I promise ya'll it sounds like some Kyrie Irving tinfoil hat shyt but it's not.

this is how you can search my posts that include twitter links.

[MEDIA=twitter]

X9PgUdx.png

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
This is the theme of the whole thread.

People givin logical explanations as to why, and OP doesn’t give a fukk cause he just went to travel somewhere abroad and wanted to let people know :mjlol: like a passport bro but instead of getting p*ssy you make a coli thread
I thought that was the whole purpose of traveling though, was to expand your mind, see, and experience places that aren't the norm. You sound like a typical bum bytch whos travel itinerary is Vegas,Miami, and a quick flight to Tulum when Covid checks hit...:ohhh: and "OP" been traveling... you broke ass Frontier flying ass nikka fukk outta the thread you low iq ass dummy.

"PeOpLE GivINg LogICal EplanATions" well the hell with people fukk all that how bout you give us your analysis we're dying to hear....

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
I thought that was the whole purpose of traveling though, was to expand your mind, see, and experience places that aren't the norm. You sound like a typical bum bytch whos travel itinerary is Vegas,Miami, and a quick flight to Tulum when Covid checks hit...:ohhh: and "OP" been traveling... you broke ass Frontier flying ass nikka fukk outta the thread you low iq ass dummy.

"PeOpLE GivINg LogICal EplanATions" well the hell with people fukk all that how bout you give us your analysis we're dying to hear....

Lmao man you sound mad but you tried it, I gotta give you credit. Sorry but I fly Delta only; been to Italy (referenced in this thread), Nassau and Cabo in the last 4 months. Got a trip to Portugal in 3 weeks to explore Lisbon.

Difference between us is that I travel to see new things without having to shyt on the U.S when I come back home :heh: I also don’t shyt on people who don’t get the chance to travel like that (you clearly do).

Whatever your insecurities seem to be, passport stamps won’t fix it king.