AMD Big Navi RX 6000 Series Livestream - 12:00PM EST 10.28.2020

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Likely not, because that would induce confusion.

if you compare 4k to 4k but one of them is actually 1440p running DLSS... that's not really a like to like comparison.

I'm sure that's why AMD didn't include DLSS :skip:

Either way its fine the Ryzen CPU's are flames and are a must have. If this smart access shyt works as intended it would make sense to go with AMD for graphics. Especially if they got bundles and you know actual cards in stock.

I feel kind of like shyt tbh. Ah well

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
All of this would be true if Nvidia had any stock.

But they dont. And if they still dont by the 11th, or the 18th... :yeshrug:
exactly. Just makes it more absurd how AMD came, given that opening they've been gifted due to Nvidia's ineptitude. Because with both companies in stock, right now, I cannot see any reason to go AMD, even with an AMD processor. 6800 looking worse than a 3070 :scust:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exactly. Just makes it more absurd how AMD came, given that opening they've been gifted due to Nvidia's ineptitude. Because with both companies in stock, right now, I cannot see any reason to go AMD, even with an AMD processor. 6800 looking worse than a 3070 :scust:

The 6800 price was bad.

I'm thinking of making a console sized gaming PC with the 3070. That shyt looks nifty as shyt in some of the reviews I've seen. The perormance ain't even that bad.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure that's why AMD didn't include DLSS :skip:

Either way its fine the Ryzen CPU's are flames and are a must have. If this smart access shyt works as intended it would make sense to go with AMD for graphics. Especially if they got bundles and you know actual cards in stock.

I feel kind of like shyt tbh. Ah well

I feel you breh.

My last AMD GPU fit in an AGP socket. it was a this
(I did borrow a r9 290 when my sli died)

My last AMD CPU was the Opteron 285

But I think its time to go back. SLI is dead, and AMD has better cpus.
I"m not super impressed with AMD's gpus, but i'm tired of Nvidia

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah can never fully trust 1st party slides.

although I do believe they said 3070 would be better than 2080ti in rtx iirc

Like I said its a wait and see situation, also you have to take in effect the cpu being used

I mean haven't updated my rig at all, I started with i7-8700k and I was still averaging 90fps in 4k with the 3080

I can still get over 60fps in ultimate quality in Horizon Zero Dawn, but with drops, the 3090 can get as high 80 fps, but with drops but it stays above 60fps, and that's with an i9

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

6800 was dumb. No reason it should be priced over a 3070 that has DLSS and does raytracing better than the 2080ti.

And also, 6800 will likely be the most purchased out of the 3. They are just asking for a 3070ti/super to smash them.

6800XT price was great though.

6900XT was fine, but i mean... kinda hard to fukk that up.

I see a 3080ti coming in and making it obsolete though

Last edited:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said its a wait and see situation, also you have to take in effect the cpu being used

I mean haven't updated my rig at all, I started with i7-8700k and I was still averaging 90fps in 4k with the 3080

I can still get over 60fps in ultimate quality in Horizon Zero Dawn, but with drops, the 3090 can get as high 80 fps, but with drops but it stays above 60fps, and that's with an i9

You got a 3080? Lucky you. Instore or online?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You got a 3080? Lucky you. Instore or online?

I just brought from a scalper, I ordered form CDW and after taxes and shipping it was like 1050 for Asus Rog Strix but it was back ordered so I canceled, I brought the gigabye OC from a scalper for 1100, was like fukk it, I had a best buy bot and everything, but I ain't have time to hawk that shyt down

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Nah it wasn't, they had extra slides that show it with the 5k and Rage mode. Those slides were not those.

image.png

Even without a 5 series and rage mode, 6800XT is a better value than RTX 3080

Me personally, i'm getting 5950X + 6900XT so i'm gucci regardless. If crossfire comes back, i'm getting 2x 6900XT
I missed that slide then. The one I saw was just the 6900 performance.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
The fact that they had the audacity to price the 6800 like that is just... :picard: Be like Carl's Jr. dropping their own 4-for-4, making a huge deal about it, then when it drops they charging $4.80 for it and you get no sauce for the nuggets. You mean I'm supposed to pay you more for basically the same shyt but worse?

Seriously, they had most of a month in the wake of Nvidia's pricing to figure out a way to get that damn thing in at at most $500 so you're competing, but... yeesh. I don't want to assume its intentional gouging to squeeze $80 extra for a few months them drop the price to $500 once wave 2/3 of 3000s come out, but... that's definitely what they finna do. And that's trash.

Yeah, I think I'm out. Team Green it is. So strange that the same AMD that came for Intel's necks and haven't let up on the dominance seems content to always be #2 in the GPU space. Last gen they were at least the consumer-friendly option; price-wise, but at this point they're asking me to buy Dr. Thunder and pay more than Dr. Pepper costs for the privilege. I ain't wit it.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fact that they had the audacity to price the 6800 like that is just... :picard: Be like Carl's Jr. dropping their own 4-for-4, making a huge deal about it, then when it drops they charging $4.80 for it and you get no sauce for the nuggets. You mean I'm supposed to pay you more for basically the same shyt but worse?

Seriously, they had most of a month in the wake of Nvidia's pricing to figure out a way to get that damn thing in at at most $500 so you're competing, but... yeesh. I don't want to assume its intentional gouging to squeeze $80 extra for a few months them drop the price to $500 once wave 2/3 of 3000s come out, but... that's definitely what they finna do. And that's trash.

Yeah, I think I'm out. Team Green it is. So strange that the same AMD that came for Intel's necks and haven't let up on the dominance seems content to always be #2 in the GPU space. Last gen they were at least the consumer-friendly option; price-wise, but at this point they're asking me to buy Dr. Thunder and pay more than Dr. Pepper costs for the privilege. I ain't wit it.

If you're looking at the 3070/6800 range than yeah.

But you could reverse that whole statement when looking at the 6900XT (sofar)

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
If you're looking at the 3070/6800 range than yeah.

But you could reverse that whole statement when looking at the 6900XT (sofar)
True, but during all the hype about this, there was a big deal about how they had a hidden card to compete with the 3090. Come to find out... the only thing worth a shyt was the thing they were keeping quiet. Their standard, non-top-end models out here looking terribly priced for what they provide. They literally got a cheat by Nvidia revealing their whole line prices early - there was no reason they couldn't have figured out some way to not literally limp into this release with a higher price-per-performance on everything short of the 6900XT - and even that is questionable if you're someone buying such a high-cost card with the intention of running max+RT considering how DLSS can literally elevate a raytraced game from console-level fps numbers to PC-level fps numbers.

Just... so fukking odd. Like, it isn't even mainly the technical decisions so much as it's the business ones. Hell, if they at least dropped today, that'd be one thing. The whole thing outside of their top card is looking like a comedy of errors. And even in the 3000/6000 generation - it's the same as the 2000/5000 generation outside of the wrinkle of the XT; AMD cards are gonna mainly get used in pre-builts looking to save money, because there's literally no reason to use an AMD card that isn't a 6900XT. Just like there was literally no reason to use any 5000 series AMD card.

If AMD isn't even gonna try... can someone else get into the GPU space? Anyone that might actually be serious?