Amazon Go’s cashierless tech to come to all Whole Foods as soon as next year

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
As a black man, I have literally never been inside a whole foods. Whats all the hype?:patrice:

Am I missing something?:lupe:
missing out
I have family that worked there and there are black people in the ones i've been too
their pizza and fish is :whew:

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
This is why there's so many incels, young kids supposed to get a job, get a beater car, do social activities and get some p*ssy but with the leap forward in technology and corporations beginning to phase out unskilled labor like cashiers, kids are gonna have less and less and less opportunities to get a job and this social media/internet shyt already made all these kids anti-social :francis:

Damn Shame I feel bad for kids born post-2020 :mjcry:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I don't think it's the same
Walmart self checkout, you still have to scan each item at a kiosk before leaving, no?

Amazon Go, think you scan your app upon entering the store. Pick what you want from the shelves, then just leave. Everything is tracked somehow via the app I think

Cameras backed by facial recognition tech follow your every move throughout the store, recording, watching what you put in your cart/basket, what you change you mind and put back, how long you stay in a certain section evaluating one brand over another, dynamically keeping a tally of everything along the way.

Next up is software that follows your eyes' line of sight, to better get an idea of what you're looking at subconsciously and what could be suggested that you may want to buy in future.

Basically, Minority Report.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
regulated in what ways?
have anti-trust laws breakup Amazon and AWS, prevent acquisitions that stifle competition/options, and begin to tax them for technology that cost jobs in cities they operate...in other words, eliminate any concentration of powers they have on delivery/selling platform/back-end structure

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
This is why there's so many incels, young kids supposed to get a job, get a beater car, do social activities and get some p*ssy but with the leap forward in technology and corporations beginning to phase out unskilled labor like cashiers, kids are gonna have less and less and less opportunities to get a job and this social media/internet shyt already made all these kids anti-social :francis:

Damn Shame I feel bad for kids born post-2020 :mjcry:
Yep and then the other labor jobs that our grandfathers had are being done by people from Central America....

Kids best option is social media in their minds.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
At some point we're not going to have to interact with other humans face to face at all.

Granted, that sounds appealing to an introvert like me buuut this quarantine has made me realize I actually appreciate having other people around me as white noise.
As a fellow introvert, fukk alladat shyt:mjlol:. If I could make money without interacting with people, I'd do that shyt without a care in the world.