Amazon Go’s cashierless tech to come to all Whole Foods as soon as next year

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: Thanks. So they like the apple computers of grocery stores?

Also, on the egg portion, ive seen "organic" and "cage free" separately. Ive also seen them together. Is there a difference in composition and taste-wise? :feedme:

I have no idea, maybe someone else knows?

Edit: you peaked my interest and I looked it up

Cage-free Eggs

Cage-free birds engage in such natural behaviors as nesting, walking and stretching their wings, but, like the birds forced to live in battery cages, they're usually pumped full of antibiotics. Most live in flocks of thousands of hens inside warehouses and are never granted access to the outdoors. However, most experts agree that cage-free birds live in significantly better conditions than those confined in conventional production systems.

Organic Eggs

Even though organic eggs have no added nutritional benefits over conventional and cage-free eggs, for both health and humanitarian reasons, organic eggs are a concerned consumer's best bet. The organic label is the only label regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture, which attests that the hens that laid these eggs are healthy and engage in natural behaviors. In short, this means that the hens are cage-free, have access to the outdoors and direct sunlight with an option for shade, are provided with an exercise area and are fed certified organic feed that contains no pesticides, drugs, antibiotics or animal byproducts. Third-party auditors evaluate each organic producer's compliance on an individual basis.

Its seems that organic is the way to go because the chickens dont have antibiotics and are fed organic food.

Last edited:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
College Park GA? :gucci:
If so this is some dusty nikka babble fam...:comeon:
Two things.

A.) Foh breh, there is not a single Whole Foods in the entire black section of metro ATL.:unimpressed:

that is not by accident. Every single one of us has to go out of their way to visit a whole foods or even Trader Joe’s in metro ATL. I’m talking about an area over 1,500 sq miles of black people, breh. That’s why I’m wondering about hype.:sas2:

B.) btw, im in grad school on west coast rn but south side will always be home. :blessed:

I fully intend to stamp a big azz startup right in the middle of “dusty” Old National Highway when I get this west coast tech sht out the way. Creflo Dollar ain’t gonna be the only nikka eating in college park when I’m done. :myman:

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
I was gonna try this shyt once, but couldn't get my Amazon account to link up with the Amazon Go app and i said fukk it. I'm sure they'll work out the bugs. Interesting concept. But it's really just another way for them to use technology to pay less people. That's the way business goes:yeshrug:

so its self checkout, walmart has had it for years

better than self checkout. no checkout:umad:you just put shyt in your cart and keep it moving.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
so its self checkout, walmart has had it for years
I don't think it's the same
Walmart self checkout, you still have to scan each item at a kiosk before leaving, no?

Amazon Go, think you scan your app upon entering the store. Pick what you want from the shelves, then just leave. Everything is tracked somehow via the app I think

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have no idea, maybe someone else knows?

Edit: you peaked my interest and I looked it up

Cage-free Eggs

Cage-free birds engage in such natural behaviors as nesting, walking and stretching their wings, but, like the birds forced to live in battery cages, they're usually pumped full of antibiotics. Most live in flocks of thousands of hens inside warehouses and are never granted access to the outdoors. However, most experts agree that cage-free birds live in significantly better conditions than those confined in conventional production systems.

Organic Eggs

Even though organic eggs have no added nutritional benefits over conventional and cage-free eggs, for both health and humanitarian reasons, organic eggs are a concerned consumer's best bet. The organic label is the only label regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture, which attests that the hens that laid these eggs are healthy and engage in natural behaviors. In short, this means that the hens are cage-free, have access to the outdoors and direct sunlight with an option for shade, are provided with an exercise area and are fed certified organic feed that contains no pesticides, drugs, antibiotics or animal byproducts. Third-party auditors evaluate each organic producer's compliance on an individual basis.

Its seems that organic is the way to go because the chickens dont have antibiotics and are fed organic food.
:ohhh: dap + rep(soon as they let me)

Last edited:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
thats dope then, didnt know that
It works by using the same types of technologies found in self-driving cars, such as computer vision, sensor fusion and deep learning. This technology can detect when products are taken or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in your virtual cart.

When you leave the store with your goods, your Amazon account is charged and you are sent a receipt.

Pretty dope What is Amazon Go, where is it, and how does it work?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a black man, I have literally never been inside a whole foods. Whats all the hype?:patrice:

Am I missing something?:lupe:

they sell quality meats and produce. no comparison to the average grocery stores around the way. i dont do my main shopping there but ill order some fish or lamb from them delivered by amazon and its great stuff