AMA: I applied and made it to the final round of WWE interviews

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
What kind of questions did they ask you during the interview?

What did you submit for your writing samples? What did you include in your portfolio?

How many people would've worked in your department if they hired you?

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What kind of questions did they ask you during the interview?

What did you submit for your writing samples? What did you include in your portfolio?

How many people would've worked in your department if they hired you?

They asked me how long I had been watching wrestling. Why do I want to work there? What were some of your favorite angles? Who are your favorite wrestlers currently?

I had previously written for a very big lifestyle magazine and wrote for a big sneaker blog so I used those as my samples. I then had to provide wrestling samples based off of scenarios they gave me (a write up of WrestleMania in my own voice and a live write up of RAW as it happened).

My team would have been small. I only met five people, but it couldn't have been much larger than that.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
They asked me how long I had been watching wrestling. Why do I want to work there? What were some of your favorite angles? Who are your favorite wrestlers currently?

I had previously written for a very big lifestyle magazine and wrote for a big sneaker blog so I used those as my samples. I then had to provide wrestling samples based off of scenarios they gave me (a write up of WrestleMania in my own voice and a live write up of RAW as it happened).

My team would have been small. I only met five people, but it couldn't have been much larger than that.

You applied for digital, did they mention any tools that they wanted you to use? Did they ask you to pitch anything during your interview?

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You applied for digital, did they mention any tools that they wanted you to use? Did they ask you to pitch anything during your interview?

I'd be using their own proprietary system. Any assets I needed would be provided by the team's directly responsible. I would be able to contribute my own ideas if they got approval. There is opportunity for growth within the company.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I'd be using their own proprietary system. Any assets I needed would be provided by the team's directly responsible. I would be able to contribute my own ideas if they got approval. There is opportunity for growth within the company.

Interesting. So quick follow up.

So they have their own CMS and don't use Drupal or anything else?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Breh, lemme tell you FIRST HAND.

IF you get hired, KEEP IT ON THE DOWN LOW. :whoa:

Don't even tell us here.

You know why? Cause if they ever find out you post on here, the powers that be will look into this site and possibly shut it down.

It could've happened to CZW Fans, but the creators closed shop before they could investigate.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
i applied to do some online video work with them. didn't even contact a brotha :martin:
did you make some connections while there? if i wanted to pitch some gimmicks who do i contact? :jbhmm:

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
You know why? Cause if they ever find out you post on here, the powers that be will look into this site and possibly shut it down.

It could've happened to CZW Fans, but the creators closed shop before they could investigate.
Literally the only other decent wrestling forum that ever existed, besides TSC of course. Wasn't it two posters that were hired by WWE that got snitched on by a "super mark" (wrestler stalker) forum since CZW Fans were cyber bullying them/photoshopping their creepy ass photos? :mjlol: Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
@Rell Lauren What was the potential compensation going to be?

What angles did you say were your favorite?

Would you apply again?

Last edited:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Interesting. So quick follow up.

So they have their own CMS and don't use Drupal or anything else?

Yes, their own software.

Sounds like a cokeboy empty promise

:bryan:

Breh, lemme tell you FIRST HAND.

IF you get hired, KEEP IT ON THE DOWN LOW. :whoa:

Don't even tell us here.

If I got hired, no one would have known. Trust me on that. I don't reveal where I work until I've left. Don't want something I wrote online gets me fired.

i applied to do some online video work with them. didn't even contact a brotha :martin:
did you make some connections while there? if i wanted to pitch some gimmicks who do i contact? :jbhmm:

I still have contacts but I haven't spoken to them in years. My current career interests don't align with what they currently have to offer.

What was the potential compensation going to be?

What angles did you say were your favorite?

Would you apply again?

Compensation was around 60K with health benefits, tuition reimbursement, tickets, merchandise, on site gym that VKM uses and pre tax transportation credits.

Can't recall.

Right now, no. I'm not interested in traveling to Connecticut everyday (weekends and holidays included) unless the offer was too good to refuse.

post what you wrote for your wrestlemania and raw scenarios

I'm at work right now so I don't have access to my laptop. They weren't scenarios. They were write-ups of matches and the event.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
60k living in New york would be like check to check basically right? :patrice:

Yeah or he'd have to live in CT a bit closer to Stamford. I contemplated interning there once but the HR person was like, how are you going to get here everyday and I didn't have a plan yet cause I didn't think they'd call me back.