Am I the only person who cannot get into the Star Wars movies?

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
It has everything that should get me hooked space travel , the jedi mythos and a great villain but everytime I watch a movie im just :scust:, I finally watched the prequel movies and it was a pain aside of the last 20 minutes when annakin snaps, currently watching A new hope and I still dont get it :martin:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
you started with the prequels? :martin:

Yeah man that was a bad move. Honestly if someone were trying to watch it for the first time now I would say don't watch them at all and to just watch the old ones.

The thing with Star Wars is this. For a lot of people it's wrapped up with their childhood. Empire Strikes Back is truly the classic film out of the series that I think can be appreciated by all film buffs. It's a fantastic movie.

I think if you're an adult in your 20's or 30's or older, and you haven't seen Star Wars, and you're trying to get into it...it probably won't hit you that hard. I'm not saying "you had to be there" but a good portion of it is there for a younger crowd, and although it's not as blatant and stupid as the prequels, I just think I would probably not enjoy Star Wars at all if I were watching it for the first time right now.

But yeah man, fukk the prequels. Watch A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. The rest is goofy.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This stupid moron went backwards :laff:

Just to be fair a lot of people that haven't seen it ask me the same thing. They say "Well should I go in the order of the episodes or the order they were released in?" I just tell people to go with the order they were released in and to tap out on the prequels.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i dont think theres a muthafukka in my entire family that seen that shyt

me personally
i just aint into space shyt
i think thats why i never seen it
same with that Star Trek shyt

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
not interesting to me. but i do think its pretty awesome they brought regulars back for the new one. thats a level of continuity we dont usually get in film. that alone makes me want to check this franchise out for once...i probably wont though.