Am I the only one who stacks up vacation time at work?

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I get 16 sick/vacation days a year and 5 personal days. We can stack up to 200 hours of sick/vacation time. Anything over that and they cut a check for the difference in June. The personal days reset at the end of the year, so they cut you a check for whatever you didn't use.

I work so much overtime that i'll use those extra hours towards the day I decide to take off. I usually only use my days when I take a vacation. The office is closed the last week of the year for the hoildays (I get paid that week too), so I usually take the following week off as well. :smugdraper:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I'm sitting on 92 Hours of PTO with 3 floating Hoildays...

But I still take time off... I normally take one random day off a month just to relax going shopping, Do some shyt around the house, smoke weed and watch netflix, or whatever I want to do....

You got to treat yourself sometimes and using my PTO I feel like I'm getting paid for doing me basically.

I'm all about that good work/life balance. My job isn't hard so I'm not stressed and shyt.
But take a random monday, or weds off just makes that whole week better for me.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm sitting on 92 Hours of PTO with 3 floating Hoildays...

But I still take time off... I normally take one random day off a month just to relax going shopping, Do some shyt around the house, smoke weed and watch netflix, or whatever I want to do....

You got to treat yourself sometimes and using my PTO I feel like I'm getting paid for doing me basically.

I'm all about that good work/life balance. My job isn't hard so I'm not stressed and shyt.
But take a random monday, or weds off just makes that whole week better for me.

I feel you. probably grind for a couple more months, then I'm gonna start using days regularly at random to take long weekends and what not.

but I would NEVER EVER take a day off work unless I was getting paid. I ain't on that unpaid leave nonsense.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
151 hours of personal leave....53 hours of sick leave right now.

I just earned 44 last week from a buisness trip since I had to travel to Asia on a weekend. :win:

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
I use most of mine at the end of year too, otherwise it goes into sick time. Anything over 240 hrs goes in sick time. Normally I take 2-3 weeks off in Dec and I got 500+ hrs in sick time.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
nah life is to short, you can drop dead tom, be in a car accident, get kiled etc., i get 5 weeks of vacation a year and i take all 5, what are you saving it for?

when i do lieu time i use it up, hell my vacation to cuba was all lieu time :wow:

you can be dead next year take a week off and take mrs beaniemac and the fam to disney

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoo: 8 weeks a year?? damn bruh. How do you end up using it, just random days here and there? I'd probably take a 2 week vacation every quarter with that

My bad 6 weeks not 8.

I usually take random days throughout the year, and one big vacation in the summer.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I get 5 weeks of paid vacation/year; I travel a lot, so I generally use mine up.

On the flip side, I can take 2 weeks off paid and earn PTO off of it, cause it's still counted as "working" :myman:

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
Man when it comes to work vacation, I'm like a real life horder. I been at this spot for a year come the 5th and I have NEVER taken a day off. I got my check yesterday, and I'm sittin gon 159 hours of vacation now. I see my co-workers taking mad days off, but this ain't heavy lifting, so I dont wanna take any time. I talked to our HR person, and she said I can only go up to about 200 before it stops accruing, so once I hit that, I'll start taking days as necessary all the while maintaining near max levels of vacation.

actually, back in december, I had stomach flu sick as hell, and I knew I was gonna be sick, but I came in regardless. and we were having a meeting in my office around 830 and I went and threw up in my bathroom like 5 times, and they sent me home. I did that so they wouldn't try to take my sick days for showing the effort to come in. I ended up going home.

Plus I always have this fear in the back of my mind about getting fired abruptly (this happened once years ago), and I like knowing, I got at least a month of checks coming in before I even have to start touching unemployment or savings.

At my last job. I was there for like 7 years, I had banked my vacation time up to almost 400 hours. and HR was like ":ufdup: you gotta use those days or forfeit". come to find out, I only had to get them down to 200 hours. but I only had 3 months to do this. so between april and june, I took 6 weeks of vacation that year (2010), all the while I kept accruing more vacation.

when I finally left that job, I had over 300 hours, that they paid me for cash money. I thought I was :win: for real like I hit the lottery. cuz that was free money to blow since I was starting the next job on monday without taking a break.

:ohhh: This is crazy that you mention this because my job is closing, and I hoarded my vacay similar to yours. They are giving us a severence, I got 401k and these vacation days . They'll come in handy, especially with me thinking of going to electrician school and taking the summer off. If i find another good job soon thoughhaving that bread just sit in the account would be:blessed:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Since I'm fairly new to the company, I get 2 weeks a year, and I definitely use that shyt within that year fukk that..Like Reincar said, anything can happen the next year, company can go bankrupt etc..fukk saving that shyt.