Always online: Revisited

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You only care about physical so your world view can only see it for what it's not. Digital titles is the wave :umad: Sony gamers are still riding that wave too even tho Sony might charge you again for titles you already bought. Now I know :umad: and scared like an infant on his first playdate but it will all work out in the end.

Now follow the flow...

Brother Russiapryde, tell us, according to you Xbox never had shyt so why didn't Sony catch up last gen with all those legendary titles (especially compared to this gen) why are you acting like $100 more was this issue :stopitslime: I was thrilled with everything they was pitching, you praise them for bc and generational titles connected to your gamertag right? You like EA access yah? That's what the fukk they was giving us and more but Sony/Russia took over social media just like you fukkin idiots try to run the Arcadium (Tru Story) That has everything to do with it. You never experienced the original Xbox one dash experience, it was epic. I want my snap functionality back :damn: Another thing, Crackdown 3 is about to drop, all you clowns been doing is hoping and praying it fails. Isn't that proof that what I'm talking about is real if that is how you feel?

You underestimate how much poverty there is in America, and because of that your luxury gaming console cannot always be online. I blame the Puerto Ricans :smugbiden:

6t7v2thw48jqyth24cedp3tlt.450x253x32.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nope.

- Price still would be 500 vs 400
- Xbox still has an exclusive games issue
- Rest of planet does not fukk with Xbox like that
- Mattrick

We can do the woulda coulda all day but price and exclusive games you can't get anywhere else matters. Sony learned the hard way with the PS3 launch price that no one cares about how powerful your shyt is if the price ain't right. Their saving grace was games and it allowed them to catch up and surpass the 360.

Ya'll love revisionist history so lets revise history for giggles:
It's 2013 and MS announces the XB1X, the most powerful home console ever created with the specs and performance to prove it.
$500
It can run games in "real" 4K 60fps.
Has a 4K UHD Blu Ray Drive
Has full backwards compatibility all the way back to the first XBOX
XBOX LIVE w/ 4 games a month, 2 of which you can keep without a sub

Sony announces the PS4 Pro
$400
Runs games in "checkerboard" 4K
Has no 4K UHD Blu Ray Drive
Has no backwards compatibility
For $300 more you can play games in VR
PSN w/ 2 games a month, none of which you can keep

You don't think more customers would have gone with XBOX over PS4 right out the gate?
You don't think that with more sales, XBOX would have gotten more exclusives?
Look at this "revised/hypothetical" launch and it looks exactly like how Sony came to the market with the PS3 vs the 360 sans the ridiculous $600 price point.
PS3 came out; more powerful console, blu ray drive, full backwards compatibility. The only reason last gen is questionable is because of Sony's arrogance with that absurd launch price.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You only care about physical so your world view can only see it for what it's not. Digital titles is the wave :umad: Sony gamers are still riding that wave too even tho Sony might charge you again for titles you already bought. Now I know :umad: and scared like an infant on his first playdate but it will all work out in the end.

Now follow the flow...
:gucci: What in the blue hell does your response to me have to do with anything I just said.
I agreed with your OP. Always online is not the issue people did (and continue) make it out to be.
I added that even though always online isn't a REAL issue, what made MS fall behind this gen was their lack of understanding their core audience (the same mistake blizzard made recently with their diablo announcement).
In business, isn't about knowing how everyone else SHOULD feel, it's about knowing how the currently feel and responding to those feelings/concerns/desires/perceptions.
It's very natural for people to rebel if they are being told they HAVE TO do something, even if what they are being told makes perfect sense.
MS came out and said "You HAVE to keep your console online and CHECK IN with us to keep playing your games"
Gamers responded ":gucci: The hell you say to me!? I don't HAVE to do ANYTHING!"
MS responded " :dwillhuh: But you're doing it already....EVERYONE is ALWAYS online"
This is why they lost this gen.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ya'll love revisionist history so lets revise history for giggles:
It's 2013 and MS announces the XB1X, the most powerful home console ever created with the specs and performance to prove it.
$500
It can run games in "real" 4K 60fps.
Has a 4K UHD Blu Ray Drive
Has full backwards compatibility all the way back to the first XBOX
XBOX LIVE w/ 4 games a month, 2 of which you can keep without a sub

Sony announces the PS4 Pro
$400
Runs games in "checkerboard" 4K
Has no 4K UHD Blu Ray Drive
Has no backwards compatibility
For $300 more you can play games in VR
PSN w/ 2 games a month, none of which you can keep

You don't think more customers would have gone with XBOX over PS4 right out the gate?
You don't think that with more sales, XBOX would have gotten more exclusives?
Look at this "revised/hypothetical" launch and it looks exactly like how Sony came to the market with the PS3 vs the 360 sans the ridiculous $600 price point.
PS3 came out; more powerful console, blu ray drive, full backwards compatibility. The only reason last gen is questionable is because of Sony's arrogance with that absurd launch price.

Would the race be closer? Yes.
Would they still lose? Yes.

The point is NONE of that matters. 500 and up has been proven NOT to be the sweet spot for consoles. Games will always be the most important factor for the vast majority. ALWAYS. It's why no matter how retarded Nintendo can be with their decision making, they can always print money with their game and character catalogue. Sony has CONSISTENTLY released great exclusives every single gen without even relying on the same characters and franchises like Nintendo does.

X1X doesn't exist with the success of the PS4. So talking in what ifs, doesn't matter. Power was not the only reason the X1 got smoked this gen. They seem to think it was and that's why they don't get it and never will. Going on 2 decades and being :flabbynsick: with their exclusives content is unnacceptable. And they've been saying forever that it's going to get better so spare that argument too.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Would the race be closer? Yes.
Would they still lose? Yes.

The point is NONE of that matters. 500 and up has been proven NOT to be the sweet spot for consoles. Games will always be the most important factor for the vast majority. ALWAYS. It's why no matter how retarded Nintendo can be with their decision making, they can always print money with their game and character catalogue. Sony has CONSISTENTLY released great exclusives every single gen without even relying on the same characters and franchises like Nintendo does.

X1X doesn't exist with the success of the PS4. So talking in what ifs, doesn't matter. Power was not the only reason the X1 got smoked this gen. They seem to think it was and that's why they don't get it and never will. Going on 2 decades and being :flabbynsick: with their exclusives content is unnacceptable. And they've been saying forever that it's going to get better so spare that argument too.
And my argument is that they would have had more meaningful exclusives if the sales gap was smaller.
If you're a dev interested in making an exclusive, you're going to make it for the console with the largest market share.
It's that simple.
Titanfall is the illest FPS this gen hands down, but no one respects it because of MS PR strategy which is why it ended up being multi-plat and it still didn't make the impact the game deserves to have made.
I say, if MS handled their launch PR better, they wouldn't be this far behind and could have definitely tipped things in their favor.
I'm telling you, look at MS and how much they've corrected since launch. They're hungry, and ready to come out swinging next gen.
Sony on the other hand, has shown all the traits of a company that is arrogant and complacent, which can very well cost them another gen war.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And my argument is that they would have had more meaningful exclusives if the sales gap was smaller.
would it really? Look at last gen, what is exactly so different last gen compared tot this gen? MSFT as of right now still are putting all their eggs into the Halo/Gears/Forza basket.

If you're a dev interested in making an exclusive, you're going to make it for the console with the largest market share.
It's that simple.
I think the publisher(MSFT/Sony/Nintendo) are the ones that decide they want the game to be exclusive. i don't think a 3rd party dev just willingly decides to make a game of their own IP exclusive to something just off the bat.

Titanfall is the illest FPS this gen hands down, but no one respects it because of MS PR strategy which is why it ended up being multi-plat and it still didn't make the impact the game deserves to have made.
TF1 had an 86 on Metacritic. The game was merely great but I honestly felt it was missing something with the lack of a SP mode. The sales were reflective of it being exclusive to a platform that wasn't king no mo.

I say, if MS handled their launch PR better, they wouldn't be this far behind and could have definitely tipped things in their favor.
I'm telling you, look at MS and how much they've corrected since launch. They're hungry, and ready to come out swinging next gen.
Obviously.

Sony on the other hand, has shown all the traits of a company that is arrogant and complacent, which can very well cost them another gen war.
I see you say this a lot but I have yet to see you expound on what exactly are they doing realistically that makes you conclude that they are being "arrogant" and complacent. Complacent would be them not making any more exclusives and not supporting any of their hardware until PS5 which is quite frankly untrue no matter how you spin it. Their exclusive output this year alone dismisses this notion.

They still have TLOU Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Days Gone, Dreams and probably FFVII:R to release within the year or next year and you say that's complacent? if they're complacent in this regard, what is MSFT? What is MSFT dropping this year besides the inevitable Forza 8 and maybe Gears 5? You want to know who is complacent? 2018 Nintendo. That was basically them letting Smash be the only exclusive to keep the Switch in mind share for half a year. Nothing else serious dropped that entire year besides some wii u ports.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I see you say this a lot but I have yet to see you expound on what exactly are they doing realistically that makes you conclude that they are being "arrogant" and complacent.
:DAIGOCOMEON: Not addressing backwards compatibility
:DAIGOCOMEON: Not having a 4K Blu Ray drive (even though they own that market)
:DAIGOCOMEON:PSNOW (Do I really have to elaborate on this one)

:DAIGOCOMEON:Taking God only knows how long at this point for a basic feature such as Gamer tag changes
:DAIGOCOMEON:Actively going against cross platform play
:DAIGOCOMEON:But i know what the response is going to be....none of this matters. Which is exactly what an arrogant company would say despite gamers actually caring about these features. WHICH! is why MS has had to shift gears drastically and make the XB1 the complete opposite of what they announced it to be 5 years ago.

The funny thing is that all of these things would make your PS4 experience BETTER, yet stans can't even admit THAT

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:DAIGOCOMEON: Not addressing backwards compatibility
:DAIGOCOMEON: Not having a 4K Blu Ray drive (even though they own that market)
:DAIGOCOMEON:PSNOW (Do I really have to elaborate on this one)

:DAIGOCOMEON:Taking God only knows how long at this point for a basic feature such as Gamer tag changes
:DAIGOCOMEON:Actively going against cross platform play
:DAIGOCOMEON:But i know what the response is going to be....none of this matters. Which is exactly what an arrogant company would say despite gamers actually caring about these features. WHICH! is why MS has had to shift gears drastically and make the XB1 the complete opposite of what they announced it to be 5 years ago.

The funny thing is that all of these things would make your PS4 experience BETTER, yet stans can't even admit THAT
You disregarded the sole point of my post and your initial post(which was about exclusives) to bring up quality of life improvements that aren't the end all be all of what most people would consider deal breakers.

Let's keep things 100 percent without any spin cycles:Did the PS4 not having these things affect it's sales? These aren't dealbreakers. No one is going to skip a PS4 purchase because I can't play Killzone 2 on it. "Man I was about to cop a PS4 for that Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted, Persona 5, Detroit, Bloodborne but I saw that I can't play Fortnite against people on Xbox so fukk that shyt." is something no one said.

You're bringing up a different topic which is veering off into fanboy circle jerk that solely is exacerbated on online forums which can be flipped towards MSFT. Watch:

053f576cbc43d35cb2de1bb9d73812f9.png
Not having VR support for their platform even though they announced it early on.

Cancelling games they showed off which people actually saw gameplay of

Kinect(Do I really have to explain this one?)

Taking god knows how long to implement something as basic as Shareplay when they alreay have some basic form of it for console to console.

But i know what the response is going to be....none of this matters. Which is exactly what an arrogant company would say despite gamers actually caring about these features.

The funny thing is that all of these things would make your Xbox experience BETTER, yet stans can't even admit THAT

You see I can do the funnies too :troll:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You disregarded the sole point of my post and your initial post(which was about exclusives) to bring up quality of life improvements that aren't the end all be all of what most people would consider deal breakers.

Let's keep things 100 percent without any spin cycles:Did the PS4 not having these things affect it's sales? You're bringing up a different topic which is veering off into fanboy circle jerk which can be flipped towards MSFT. Watch:

Not having VR support for their platform even though they announced it early on.

Cancelling games they showed off which people actually saw gameplay of

Kinect(Do I really have to explain this one?)

Taking god knows how long to implement something as basic as Shareplay when they alreay have some basic form of it for console to console.

But i know what the response is going to be....none of this matters. Which is exactly what an arrogant company would say despite gamers actually caring about these features.

The funny thing is that all of these things would make your Xbox experience BETTER, yet stans can't even admit THAT

You see I can do the funnies too :troll:
:DAIGOCOMEON:Man shut up

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Real question, what is your purpose here, You are in a forum, we discuss shyt. If you don't like reading the be a moron and surf YouTube only :handshake:
:gucci: What in the blue hell does your response to me have to do with anything I just said.
I agreed with your OP. Always online is not the issue people did (and continue) make it out to be.
I added that even though always online isn't a REAL issue, what made MS fall behind this gen was their lack of understanding their core audience (the same mistake blizzard made recently with their diablo announcement).
In business, isn't about knowing how everyone else SHOULD feel, it's about knowing how the currently feel and responding to those feelings/concerns/desires/perceptions.
It's very natural for people to rebel if they are being told they HAVE TO do something, even if what they are being told makes perfect sense.
MS came out and said "You HAVE to keep your console online and CHECK IN with us to keep playing your games"
Gamers responded ":gucci: The hell you say to me!? I don't HAVE to do ANYTHING!"
MS responded " :dwillhuh: But you're doing it already....EVERYONE is ALWAYS online"
This is why they lost this gen.
First off, I am their core audience. You are a known not Xbox gamer, was challenged to any Xbox exclusive, you make fun that I point out all the games (including free or indie) that is Xbox exclusive and great but you don't play them because you're a sheep.

Sheep are the majority, and just like how trump won the election with lies, same work Sony. Sony fanboys changed the narrative to be something intrusive, I was here so you can't tell me shyt :camby: Then those same people bought the ps4 eye camera and said "but but but"

Even in this thread you are combating the "Sony narrative" you tryna say that shyt wasn't a thing at launch :usure: Ps4 was viewed as more powerful and that is what gave it the nod. Sony launched with knack, Killzone and no media features. The Xbox was this futuristic do everything electronic device that won best tech invention for 2013 by the most respected tech places worldwide...that's a fact. And what they was giving was great but who said it wasn't great?

Gamers you say, well they was gamers but not a single one of them was speaking from experience. It was fanboy bullshyt. Social media is what did the Xbox in. They was essentially the first victims of the #metoo movement :manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Real question, what is your purpose here, You are in a forum, we discuss shyt. If you don't like reading the be a moron and surf YouTube only :handshake:

First off, I am their core audience. You are a known not Xbox gamer, was challenged to any Xbox exclusive, you make fun that I point out all the games (including free or indie) that is Xbox exclusive and great but you don't play them because you're a sheep.

Sheep are the majority, and just like how trump won the election with lies, same work Sony. Sony fanboys changed the narrative to be something intrusive, I was here so you can't tell me shyt :camby: Then those same people bought the ps4 eye camera and said "but but but"

Even in this thread you are combating the "Sony narrative" you tryna say that shyt wasn't a thing at launch :usure: Ps4 was viewed as more powerful and that is what gave it the nod. Sony launched with knack, Killzone and no media features. The Xbox was this futuristic do everything electronic device that won best tech invention for 2013 by the most respected tech places worldwide...that's a fact. And what they was giving was great but who said it wasn't great?

Gamers you say, well they was gamers but not a single one of them was speaking from experience. It was fanboy bullshyt. Social media is what did the Xbox in. They was essentially the first victims of the #metoo movement :manny:
You realize you just said the same thing I said just differently right?
"Always online" has never been a REAL issue. (You remember the Trump spins. "But bu but but...What about sailors on submarines!!! How will THEY play their XBOX!???? Do you not care about our military!?!?"
MS underestimated the ignorance of gamers, and the perceived sense of ownership and control they have over their content.
This is why they've struggled in comparison to PS4 this gen. (Not to mention the "if you don't have internet then just get a 360" debacle.) It's not about facts, it's about the presentation...the marketing. This is a part of business that MS royally screw up on during the launch and they paid dearly for it. The up side is that they've definitely learned from their mistakes and are positioning themselves very favorably now. (Remember the Sony commercial where they made fun of MS showing that all you had to do to share a PS4 game with a friend was hand them the disc? Sony hit MS with a hay maker that MS set themselves up for).
The hardware benefits don't have to be explained to me. I've defended MS in that regard against these furious stanleys for some time now.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
You realize you just said the same thing I said just differently right?
"Always online" has never been a REAL issue. (You remember the Trump spins. "But bu but but...What about sailors on submarines!!! How will THEY play their XBOX!???? Do you not care about our military!?!?"
MS underestimated the ignorance of gamers, and the perceived sense of ownership and control they have over their content.
This is why they've struggled in comparison to PS4 this gen. (Not to mention the "if you don't have internet then just get a 360" debacle.) It's not about facts, it's about the presentation...the marketing. This is a part of business that MS royally screw up on during the launch and they paid dearly for it. The up side is that they've definitely learned from their mistakes and are positioning themselves very favorably now. (Remember the Sony commercial where they made fun of MS showing that all you had to do to share a PS4 game with a friend was hand them the disc? Sony hit MS with a hay maker that MS set themselves up for).
The hardware benefits don't have to be explained to me. I've defended MS in that regard against these furious stanleys for some time now.
You're version is bullshyt because you're blaming Microsoft for the actions of fanatical fanboys :stop:

Once the social media barrage took over Microsoft should have stuck to their guns and everything would have been fine. Everything they had in mind was amazing, the fake fear of losing access to your games was explained in great detail by Microsoft at E3. You just ran with the narrative Rekkapryde was spewing and since you're anti digital you agreed with it.

They say Hillary didn't win because she didn't visit Wisconsin enough, yeah, that's why she lost!!! (Ditto with this topic)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You're version is bullshyt because you're blaming Microsoft for the actions of fanatical fanboys :stop:

Once the social media barrage took over Microsoft should have stuck to their guns and everything would have been fine. Everything they had in mind was amazing, the fake fear of losing access to your games was explained in great detail by Microsoft at E3. You just ran with the narrative Rekkapryde was spewing and since you're anti digital you agreed with it.

They say Hillary didn't win because she didn't visit Wisconsin enough, yeah, that's why she lost!!! (Ditto with this topic)
I’m not blaming MS for the action of fanboys, I’m holding Microsoft accountable for falling out of touch with fanboys, which is different.
They got short sighted and a little arrogant.