Always online: Revisited

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Individuals are smart, masses of people are dumb. Last generation Sony calls the ps3 the always online console and gamers thought it was pretty cool. They would leave their systems on while helping cancer research. Nobody had a problem sharing power from system to system for a worthy cause.

Microsoft then goes "let's use that for gaming" and creates an ecosystem that would have been the Xbox one. And the same Sony gamers deemed using the internet this way is wrong :dahell: THEY WILL STEAL YOUR GAMES!!!

Real question, unless you're Revy, you buy digital games...ROUTINELY. You not worried about losing your games, and most of you are doing this with Sony who literally does take yo shyt once a new gen starts. So the lies are expected, I just didn't expect the lies to win out aka trump but ok, so today's topic. Does anyone here have a console that isn't always online? Do you keep your console offline? No friendlist? Outdated dashboard? No updates on games? Are YOU always online or nah. I am not talking about online games, I'm talking your console. Is your console always online or nah?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Don't get it twisted...

Sony didn't say your shyt HAD to be always online in order to play.

MS did with the original X1 plans.

Huge difference. And consumers voiced their opinion of the situation with their dollars and selection of gaming system.

:umad:
ok, slow ya roll on the consumers part. That will cloud your focus. When you do that it's identical to republicans justifying the trump vote by saying Hilary would have ruined the country. This isn't a thread on who won. Right now, it's is your system always online or not, yes or no?

After you answer that, then to the rest of what you said...

It's 2019, you have to be online to play your games. Your sister will check, and if you don't go online You will lose access to games you've purchased. Not all your games, I've discovered that it keeps tabs on the last "x number" of games you played. But if you haven't played a game in like a month then you try to access it while offline? It won't load.

You've never heard that tho because it would require somebody to actually go offline for a period of time to notice. What do you have to say about that? And again, is your system always connected or nah?

Do YOU buy digital titles, and if so you give Sony your CC info? :smugbiden:

Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
ok, slow ya roll on the consumers part. That will cloud your focus. When you do that it's identical to republicans justifying the trump vote by saying Hilary would have ruined the country. This isn't a thread on who won. Right now, it's is your system always online or not, yes or no?

After you answer that, then to the rest of what you said...

It's 2019, you have to be online to play your games. Your sister will check, and if you don't go online You will lose access to games you've purchased. Not all your games, I've discovered that it keeps tabs on the last "x number" of games you played. But if you haven't played a game in like a month then you try to access it while offline? It won't load.

You've never heard that tho because it would require somebody to actually go offline for a period of time to notice. What do you have to say about that? And again, is your system always connected or nah?

Do YOU buy digital titles, and if so you give Sony your CC info? :smugbiden:
Goalposts moved.

:mjlol::mjlol:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
That's not a bingo, because Microsoft backed off yet here you are still without an Xbox :stopitslime:

You was saying how they couldn't do what they was gonna do from the way Kinect works (you was furious at how fast it changed channels) you claimed we couldn't share games or sell or digital titles back for a small refund or could give it away once digitally. Or that the connected cloud instantly made your console 3x as capable via the cloud. And the Games needed to be checked once a month via a background update.

But that couldn't be because somewhere a person doesn't have internet so everyone must wait until poverty is eliminated?

You fukkin guys are retarded :snoop:

Tell us Rekkapryde, is internet set to off on your ps4 or is that Always online since 2013 (with no bc) I just want to know the truth. And you're known for loving EA online games (no EA access) so by default you're an always online gamer. Wouldn't you agree that most console gamers are always online as well?
Goalposts moved.

:mjlol::mjlol:
They were? How Sohh?
But before you answer that, are you always online or do you go into your settings and disconnect the internet? I've never heard of someone putting on a tinfoil hat and doing all that but maybe those types exist? :manny:

You are the 3rd person to reply in this thread and so far it's 0-3 in answer to the question in the op. I wonder why :win:

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I really want to get ps4 poty sometime soon but he akes it soo hard:snoop::mindblown:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Always online isn't a big deal. We're all "always online".
The XB1 launch failed not because of the facts, but because MS failed (in the PR sense) to identify the wants and needs of their core audience.
It's similar to how Blizzard got booed for announcing a smartphone version of Diablo and then asking "Do you guys not have phones???".
It's not a debate of whether or not the vast majority of the world is using mobile platforms, it's the fact that the company has lost touch with it's audience.
Nobody asked for a smartphone version of Diablo...they wanted a full fledged PC/Console sequel.
MS Should have known how serious gamers still take their perception of ownership.
Instead, they tried to force an online connection, and that pointless Kinect hardware down everyone's throats and they paid for it by ending up in second place, in a console gen they should have easily one from the jump.

I tried to tell these boys before but they didn't listen because "stan stan blah biddity blah blah"
PS4 became everything you criticized about XB1...

But let's keep it a 100. NONE of this matters anyway. History is history.
We can beat a dead horse all day and go over how and why XBOX shouldn't have lost this gen.
The fact is....it lost.
All we can do now is wait and see if MS continues to learn from their mistakes and pulls ahead next gen....because if this gen would have started with the current XB1X vs the PS4 PRO....MS would be absolutely dominating right now.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
....because if this gen would have started with the current XB1X vs the PS4 PRO....MS would be absolutely dominating right now.

Nope.

- Price still would be 500 vs 400
- Xbox still has an exclusive games issue
- Rest of planet does not fukk with Xbox like that
- Mattrick

We can do the woulda coulda all day but price and exclusive games you can't get anywhere else matters. Sony learned the hard way with the PS3 launch price that no one cares about how powerful your shyt is if the price ain't right. Their saving grace was games and it allowed them to catch up and surpass the 360.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That's not a bingo, because Microsoft backed off yet here you are still without an Xbox :stopitslime:

You was saying how they couldn't do what they was gonna do from the way Kinect works (you was furious at how fast it changed channels) you claimed we couldn't share games or sell or digital titles back for a small refund or could give it away once digitally. Or that the connected cloud instantly made your console 3x as capable via the cloud. And the Games needed to be checked once a month via a background update.

But that couldn't be because somewhere a person doesn't have internet so everyone must wait until poverty is eliminated?

You fukkin guys are retarded :snoop:

Tell us Rekkapryde, is internet set to off on your ps4 or is that Always online since 2013 (with no bc) I just want to know the truth. And you're known for loving EA online games (no EA access) so by default you're an always online gamer. Wouldn't you agree that most console gamers are always online as well?

They were? How Sohh?
But before you answer that, are you always online or do you go into your settings and disconnect the internet? I've never heard of someone putting on a tinfoil hat and doing all that but maybe those types exist? :manny:

You are the 3rd person to reply in this thread and so far it's 0-3 in answer to the question in the op. I wonder why :win:
Nobody reading this trash Brokey. I had an X1X before you :scust:

Yall so mad Sony never pushed for always online just so yall could say "SEE, SONY DID IT TOO! “

Collosal failure. :mjlol:

All the evidence and statements by Sony execs said no but yall still held out hope. :mjlol:

It was so good etherin yall larrybots that year.

:mjlol:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
MS had some interesting ideas on sharing games with their 'always online' model

the thing that frustrated me was how everyone didn't like the idea because of how it might affect some other person. like, what about people in submarines, people in countries with no internet, etc. not to be selfish, but why should I worry about all that when I have great internet? why can't I have technology that takes full advantage of the technology around me?

I'm sure there's people out there living with no electricity. should new consoles cater to them as well? :troll:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Always online isn't a big deal. We're all "always online".
The XB1 launch failed not because of the facts, but because MS failed (in the PR sense) to identify the wants and needs of their core audience.
It's similar to how Blizzard got booed for announcing a smartphone version of Diablo and then asking "Do you guys not have phones???".
It's not a debate of whether or not the vast majority of the world is using mobile platforms, it's the fact that the company has lost touch with it's audience.
Nobody asked for a smartphone version of Diablo...they wanted a full fledged PC/Console sequel.
MS Should have known how serious gamers still take their perception of ownership.
Instead, they tried to force an online connection, and that pointless Kinect hardware down everyone's throats and they paid for it by ending up in second place, in a console gen they should have easily one from the jump.

I tried to tell these boys before but they didn't listen because "stan stan blah biddity blah blah"
PS4 became everything you criticized about XB1...

But let's keep it a 100. NONE of this matters anyway. History is history.
We can beat a dead horse all day and go over how and why XBOX shouldn't have lost this gen.
The fact is....it lost.
All we can do now is wait and see if MS continues to learn from their mistakes and pulls ahead next gen....because if this gen would have started with the current XB1X vs the PS4 PRO....MS would be absolutely dominating right now.
You only care about physical so your world view can only see it for what it's not. Digital titles is the wave :umad: Sony gamers are still riding that wave too even tho Sony might charge you again for titles you already bought. Now I know :umad: and scared like an infant on his first playdate but it will all work out in the end.

Now follow the flow...
Nope.

- Price still would be 500 vs 400
- Xbox still has an exclusive games issue
- Rest of planet does not fukk with Xbox like that
- Mattrick

We can do the woulda coulda all day but price and exclusive games you can't get anywhere else matters. Sony learned the hard way with the PS3 launch price that no one cares about how powerful your shyt is if the price ain't right. Their saving grace was games and it allowed them to catch up and surpass the 360.
Brother Russiapryde, tell us, according to you Xbox never had shyt so why didn't Sony catch up last gen with all those legendary titles (especially compared to this gen) why are you acting like $100 more was this issue :stopitslime: I was thrilled with everything they was pitching, you praise them for bc and generational titles connected to your gamertag right? You like EA access yah? That's what the fukk they was giving us and more but Sony/Russia took over social media just like you fukkin idiots try to run the Arcadium (Tru Story) That has everything to do with it. You never experienced the original Xbox one dash experience, it was epic. I want my snap functionality back :damn: Another thing, Crackdown 3 is about to drop, all you clowns been doing is hoping and praying it fails. Isn't that proof that what I'm talking about is real if that is how you feel?
MS had some interesting ideas on sharing games with their 'always online' model

the thing that frustrated me was how everyone didn't like the idea because of how it might affect some other person. like, what about people in submarines, people in countries with no internet, etc. not to be selfish, but why should I worry about all that when I have great internet? why can't I have technology that takes full advantage of the technology around me?

I'm sure there's people out there living with no electricity. should new consoles cater to them as well? :troll:
You underestimate how much poverty there is in America, and because of that your luxury gaming console cannot always be online. I blame the Puerto Ricans :smugbiden: