Alright so lets settle it...best fighter of this generation

PERFECT

• Total voters

Half A $

Pro
Daps
No one really likes the drive system right now.

Also a lot of SF6's design philosophies don't reward the better player for outplaying their opponent, it has a forced parity because so much of the game is based on 50/50 situations.

Punk is a top SF player saying this:

He got swept by a 16 year old Ryu player, Punk is dat guy but fukk he always has an excuse and weak mental.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Basically they can't afford to add it.

Well, there goes that for me.

I really want to find a new anime fighter (MvC2 and MvC3 are my favorite fighting games), but they end up being Discord fighters (and quickly) which I'm not trying to go through more hassle to play.

This game being right in the middle of the Tekken release basically means it's dead in the water with an already niche community.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I really think we need a new MvC series badly for the FGC. shyt, maybe any kind of Capcom vs series at this point. These options right now just feel like they're not moving the community. It sucks the only 3D game is Tekken (Soul Calibur honestly got more interesting characters to me).

The problem is so many people got their taste for fast combat after Guilty Gear Strive that going back to these slower-paced games don't hit the same. I do think some games like Under Night 2 live up to it (at least from what I've seen) but the IP's are so niche that it can't get the same health to avoid being a Discord fighter.

Project L seems very promising, but no inputs I think is going to kill it because so many people hate modern controls already.

We need that fast-paced, polished, "sweet spot" game right now and I think MvC is it.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

Basically they can't afford to add it.

Well damn. I can't be too mad at them then.

Well, there goes that for me.

I really want to find a new anime fighter (MvC2 and MvC3 are my favorite fighting games), but they end up being Discord fighters (and quickly) which I'm not trying to go through more hassle to play.

This game being right in the middle of the Tekken release basically means it's dead in the water with an already niche community.
You speaking too real right now. This is my life lol.

I really think we need a new MvC series badly for the FGC. shyt, maybe any kind of Capcom vs series at this point. These options right now just feel like they're not moving the community. It sucks the only 3D game is Tekken (Soul Calibur honestly got more interesting characters to me).

The problem is so many people got their taste for fast combat after Guilty Gear Strive that going back to these slower-paced games don't hit the same. I do think some games like Under Night 2 live up to it (at least from what I've seen) but the IP's are so niche that it can't get the same health to avoid being a Discord fighter.

Project L seems very promising, but no inputs I think is going to kill it because so many people hate modern controls already.

We need that fast-paced, "sweet spot" game right now and I think MvC is it.

I 100% agree we just need a "vs" style game right now. I honestly think the Marvel vs series is gone. That Disney license is way too much for Capcom at this point, I also think that Capcom believes that a Capcom only roster won't sell enough to make the game make sense so we kinda stuck.

No other game has captured that marvel feel. I will say these recent marvel mods are impressive though and got me back into the game. I be watching palate swap tournaments in the middle of studying lol.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Well damn. I can't be too mad at them then.

You speaking too real right now. This is my life lol.

I 100% agree we just need a "vs" style game right now. I honestly think the Marvel vs series is gone. That Disney license is way too much for Capcom at this point, I also think that Capcom believes that a Capcom only roster won't sell enough to make the game make sense so we kinda stuck.

No other game has captured that marvel feel. I will say these recent marvel mods are impressive though and got me back into the game. I be watching palate swap tournaments in the middle of studying lol.

The bolded is exactly how it feels right now. I'm sure there are some people enjoying these current games, but I know a lot of vets feel this way.

Completely agree with the Marvel take. MvC3 was probably was my most played fighting game the last 15 years. The mods look great but I haven't got into them. No lie, from day one I wish they had Spiral in this game so I could run her with a Phoenix anchor. If they drop that mod it may be about that time to get back into that game for me. I still don't like that we got to go through Discord at this point, but it being nearly 15 years old it's understandable.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I agree (although I'd have said Samurai Showdown).

I didn't even vote because I'm straight up bored of these games.

We need a new MvC series badly. I honestly think that'd get the community the most hyped.

My only reason against Samsho is that it’s too tame in their designs and the period setting would put off casuals.

We need that fast-paced, "sweet spot" game right now and I think MvC is it.

I can respect that I thought Strive was gonna be that game when I needed variety with SF6 but that game is ass cheeks. It’s gonna probably be Granblue Rising as I’m hearing great things about its revival. Considering IPs right now a Capcom vs TMNT or Capcom vs Studio Trigger could be a nice fukk you to marvel. shyt if this dude ever gets this fan made game off the ground it could force Capcom & Sega to take notice.

I don’t think modern controls will kill Project L as it’s the de facto control scheme and smash is one of the most popular fighters out there. The stigma of modern comes from putting it in traditional games as means to bypass the learning process we all had to go through.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
in terms of a complete package with single player, netcode, practice options, gameplay balance out of the box, etc etc, sf6 is the best and even outside of this gen it's hard to put another game up against it imo

in terms of how much fun i had with a fighter....kofxv when i was into it by a country mile

still gotta get into tekken

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
My only reason against Samsho is that it’s too tame in their designs and the period setting would put off casuals.

I can respect that I thought Strive was gonna be that game when I needed variety with SF6 but that game is ass cheeks. It’s gonna probably be Granblue Rising as I’m hearing great things about its revival. Considering IPs right now a Capcom vs TMNT or Capcom vs Studio Trigger could be a nice fukk you to marvel. shyt if this dude ever gets this fan made game off the ground it could force Capcom & Sega to take notice.

I don’t think modern controls will kill Project L as it’s the de facto control scheme and smash is one of the most popular fighters out there. The stigma of modern comes from putting it in traditional games as means to bypass the learning process we all had to go through.
I didn't even know about that Sega vs Capcom. That was fly af. :mindblown:

All those options are great and would definitely move the needle.

My main wish has always been Capcom vs Square Enix or Konami. It may not have the mainstream appeal as a Marvel, but I think those casts can fulfill so many archetypes with interesting/fascinating move lists.

Last edited:
Daps
Dunno, but I know it 100% AIN'T SF6. Dogwater ass mickey mouse "go-go gadget green, skip neutral for free" system mechanics, nasty Liver King looking ass roided out character models in a fugly artstyle, cornball cac "hippity-hop" :mjpls:soundtrack. And all the "content" it supposedly provides over the likes of MK1 and Tekken.... is nothing but overpriced $20+ Ninja Turtle skins and that worthless world tournament bullshyt that is a soulless wannabe bootleg Yakuza game. :scust: Only reason it gets any love and attention is the name and reputation of its brand, and the fact that SF V was one of the all-time most botched, fumbled, and disappointing releases of any "major"game franchise installment in the history of the industry. So even though 6 is still total shyt... it looks absolutely amazing in comparison to it's WOAT predecessor. I'd say it'll be sweet when the honeymoon phase for it is finally over... but considering guys like Mena and Punk were publicly lambasting how scrubby 6 was frame 1 weeks after it came out, maybe it never had one to begin with outside of causals playing the singleplayer. :pachaha:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Match for match KOF XV for me. Counting all the content outside of pure gameplay, it's SF 6.