Alright so lets settle it...best fighter of this generation

PERFECT

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
No one really likes the drive system right now.

Also a lot of SF6's design philosophies don't reward the better player for outplaying their opponent, it has a forced parity because so much of the game is based on 50/50 situations.

Punk is a top SF player saying this:

Well said. And it's worse when you include Modern controls, you don't even need input skill.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Also a lot of SF6's design philosophies don't reward the better player for outplaying their opponent, it has a forced parity because so much of the game is based on 50/50 situations.

He just mad he got washed by a 16 year old Ryu player. Heat system is just as brain dead as Drive Rush. Punk can’t handle the mental stack of SF6.

Canon

Veteran
Daps

yeah I dunno about this

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
He just mad he got washed by a 16 year old Ryu player. Heat system is just as brain dead as Drive Rush. Punk can’t handle the mental stack of SF6.
Every time someone talks about SF6 suddenly we start using the phrase "mental stack"

Meanwhile in fighting games people don't have problems we use words like "strategy" and "execution"

If you can't see the difference, I expect you not to have a problem with the game. :manny:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Every time someone talks about SF6 suddenly we start using the phrase "mental stack"

Meanwhile in fighting games people don't have problems we use words like "strategy" and "execution"

If you can't see the difference, I expect you not to have a problem with the game. :manny:

Let’s not rewrite history breh, Mental stack has existed long since street fighter 2 and it definitely applies to SF6. There is a whole genre of anime fighters that don’t get touched because of the mental stack. Drive Rush and drive gauge aren’t the problem, I’m on record saying multiple times, the problem is who takes advantage of it more to force that mental stack.

It’s always been dumb to compare Tekken to street fighter as they’re 2 two different beasts. That punk tweet is nothing but bytching, he did it in FighterZ, KoF, and he did it V. As much as I like Punk he has been the definition of bytch made when things don’t go his way.

Tekken 8 is definitely in the honeymoon phase and it’s gonna be interesting to see where it is by EVO, and see if the Alfa is still playing (doubt it)

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm a casual fighting game fan now but I'm a big fan of the Under Night In-Birth and Melty Blood games. They handle like a dream. :hubie:

Need to pick up the new Under Night game soon.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
KoFXV really dropped the ball on this one. I can't give the nod to any fighting game that doesn't have a healthy online community playing it directly from that game. So that really leaves only the main options and I'd honestly say Tekken 8 so far, even primarily as a 2D player.

Last edited:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
When the dust settles on Tekken 8 i think most people will agree its Street Fighter 6. Its a true generational leap compared to SF5 as well as online. Tekken 8 is a good game in general but its really just fixing what was wrong in T7 and on Unreal Engine 5. At launch though its always hard to tell

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
It's SF6 for anyone thinking objectively. But none of these new gen fighters really grabbed me honestly. I'm still playing UMVC3 and Project M since they still getting new mods and i'll probably try out DBFZ again once rollback drops.

I def agree with Punk, That feeling of just outplaying your opponent is gone in these new fighters and why i still go back to the old ones.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about the new Under night but also heard it dont have crossplay. Like it's 2024 fukk is going on lol.

Project L gotta crush the buildings.

Last edited:

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
It's SF6 for anyone thinking objectively. But none of these new gen fighters really grabbed me honestly. I'm still playing UMVC3 and Project M since they still getting new mods and i'll probably try out DBFZ again once rollback drops.

I def agree with Punk, That feeling of just outplaying your opponent is gone in these new fighters and why i still go back to the old ones.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about the new Under night but also heard it dont have crossplay. Like it's 2024 fukk is going on lol.

Project L gotta crush the buildings.

Basically they can't afford to add it.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
KoFXV really dropped the ball on this one. I can't give the nod to any fighting game that doesn't have a healthy online community playing it directly from that game. So that really leaves only the main options and I'd honestly say Tekken 8 so far, even primarily as a 2D player.

No SNK is in the conversation until they up their game. Everything that they are doing is what bankrupted them to begin with. Sorry but I ain’t the time to learn 3 characters and their interactions with 60 other characters. Plus those graphics, everyone looks like a real doll. :scust:

I love the franchise but Fatal Fury should’ve been the flagship franchise SNK focused on.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No SNK is in the conversation until they up their game. Everything that they are doing is what bankrupted them to begin with. Sorry but I ain’t the time to learn 3 characters and their interactions with 60 other characters. Plus those graphics every looks like a real doll. :scust:

I love the franchise but Fatal Fury should’ve been the flagship franchise SNK focused on.
I agree (although I'd have said Samurai Showdown).

I didn't even vote because I'm straight up bored of these games.

We need a new MvC series badly. I honestly think that'd get the community the most hyped.

Last edited: