• Total voters

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
SF6 has the most complete package of content

Tekken 8 hasn't really gotten the ball rolling yet but when they do it should be able to match SF6 in that department. It PLAYS better than SF6 tho IMO for what it is.

MK1 was a massive disappointment in all departments.

So I'm voting SF6 for now, but the war has just begun, tbh.

Edit: didnt see that KOF was on the poll. It's a good game, in fact I'd probably say I'd prefer playing it to MK, but the instant kill super combos are annoying and I wish they didn't decide on that. Otherwise, it's a fun game that I recommend to all fighting game heads.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
tekken is new but im enjoying the hell of out it

SF6 is king

MK1 dropped the ball bad and is prob dead at this point. sucks cause I enjoyed the core gameplay.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Just curious. what was the problem with MK1? Seems lots of people shytting on that game. I’ve had lots of very casual fun with it:manny:
Lots of people weren't fukkin with Invasion mode and the microtransactions. Heard online also had a bunch of sync issues and no crossplay, but I'm a casual also so I cant vouch for that.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Just curious. what was the problem with MK1? Seems lots of people shytting on that game. I’ve had lots of very casual fun with it:manny:
What wasn't wrong with it..

Lame story that's a trendhopping unoriginal concept

No new characters

Garbage offline modes

Hiding custom costumes behind a microtransaction system even though previous games had more options

Laggy online gameplay

Got rid of the fighting styles so each character played the same

Promised crossplay and then silently walked that back

I truly believe it was a cheap cash in game to say they have a "current" MK out by the time the second movie drops

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
SF6 has the most complete package of content

Tekken 8 hasn't really gotten the ball rolling yet but when they do it should be able to match SF6 in that department. It PLAYS better than SF6 tho IMO for what it is.

MK1 was a massive disappointment in all departments.

So I'm voting SF6 for now, but the war has just begun, tbh.

Edit: didnt see that KOF was on the poll. It's a good game, in fact I'd probably say I'd prefer playing it to MK, but the instant kill super combos are annoying and I wish they didn't decide on that. Otherwise, it's a fun game that I recommend to all fighting game heads.

It's between SF6 and T8 and T8 literally just dropped :francis:
Yeah, honestly I mean what plays the best...there will be like 6 years of content for both games knowing how it works, at least from Capcom.

SF6 is great...I like Tekken 8 WAY more than I expected. It could be a pinnacle game to me if they do things right. Right now like you said, Tekken 8 plays better. I don't like the drive l system as much as other people it seems.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah, honestly I mean what plays the best...there will be like 6 years of content for both games knowing how it works, at least from Capcom.

SF6 is great...I like Tekken 8 WAY more than I expected. It could be a pinnacle game to me if they do things right. Right now like you said, Tekken 8 plays better. I don't like the drive l system as much as other people it seems.
No one really likes the drive system right now.

Also a lot of SF6's design philosophies don't reward the better player for outplaying their opponent, it has a forced parity because so much of the game is based on 50/50 situations.

Punk is a top SF player saying this: