Allen Iverson: I think I would have a championship ring on if Shaq wasn’t who he was in that series

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The Kobe of 2001 was elite, but he wasn't dropping 81 Black Mamba just yet
Wait a minute, we saw Kobe score 48 and grab 16 rebounds to close out the Kings that playoff run.

We saw Kobe, not Shaq, destroy the 2001 Spurs where he averaged 33, 7, 7 on 51% shooting. And it would have been higher if he didn’t sit out most of the fourth quarters of games 3 and 4.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Wait a minute, we saw Kobe score 48 and grab 16 rebounds to close out the Kings that playoff run.

We saw Kobe, not Shaq, destroy the 2001 Spurs where he averaged 33, 7, 7 on 51% shooting. And it would have been higher if he didn’t sit out most of the fourth quarters of games 3 and 4.
That's why I said he was elite. He still took it up a notch after that. Plus then he had Shaq sucking up double and triple teams.

I didn't say nothing out the way.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That's why I said he was elite. He still took it up a notch after that. Plus then he had Shaq sucking up double and triple teams.

I didn't say nothing out the way.
Kobe wasn't just elite. He was probably the second-best player in the NBA, after Shaq. And the Spurs didn't double-team Shaq.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
it's illogical to say "take shaq off the 2001 team" because the team was built around the big aristotle and not young kobe from top to bottom

i remember allen beating the drum about this during the 2001 pressers, "yeah a whoooole lotta shaq, that's all it was... blah blah blah." look answer my nikka and all but stop with the nonsense. all things even and a team built around kobe you'd lose to him too my G don't even trip

yall remember what kobe did to the spurs? :picard: like mamba said cruise control. no stanley but this narrative always got on my nerves, he could never fukk with kobe