Allen Iverson goes AWOL, and Big3 doesn’t look happy

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh I get that.....it isn't cool that the fans in Dallas and Philly got got....I get that and AI is culpable for that. But I can't help but look at the bigger picture here. A lot of players who got involved may have done so cuz AI was wit it.....his involvement likely made a lot of things happen or at least definitely sweetened the pot for others to get involved. There possibly isn't a league for us to enjoy with this stature had he not involved himself in the first place. I feel for the Dallas and Philly fans....and hey, they headed to Rupp Arena next in Kentucky (UK) and I'm thinkin bout goin and maybe he'll no show there and on me.....but honestly I'm not crazy aggravated about it. He involved himself and helped the whole thing get started. We know AI got issues.....why would I expect him to be any different than who he is. And on a side note.....the Dallas games and turnout was the best I've seen yet....the show will go on is my point and AI will still be involved.

I'm old enough to have realistic expectations of people who have always shown me their real selves, AI being no exception.
true but its still disappointing breh
everyone sees curry and harden signing a 200+ million deal
breh i bet back in the day you had some cat with comparable skills who signed a 100k deal ..........sometime you have to be a part of something bigger .......not always about one self
where would the league be without the people who started it
again this is first year...............................
even if it grew to just be a .0001% of the nba thats still a good look

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
Breh I get that.....it isn't cool that the fans in Dallas and Philly got got....I get that and AI is culpable for that. But I can't help but look at the bigger picture here. A lot of players who got involved may have done so cuz AI was wit it.....his involvement likely made a lot of things happen or at least definitely sweetened the pot for others to get involved. There possibly isn't a league for us to enjoy with this stature had he not involved himself in the first place. I feel for the Dallas and Philly fans....and hey, they headed to Rupp Arena next in Kentucky (UK) and I'm thinkin bout goin and maybe he'll no show there and on me.....but honestly I'm not crazy aggravated about it. He involved himself and helped the whole thing get started. We know AI got issues.....why would I expect him to be any different than who he is. And on a side note.....the Dallas games and turnout was the best I've seen yet....the show will go on is my point and AI will still be involved.

I'm old enough to have realistic expectations of people who have always shown me their real selves, AI being no exception.
Your making excuses for a grown ass man who is damn near 50....carry on e dub :russ:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Your making excuses for a grown ass man who is damn near 50....carry on e dub :russ:
Breh....a lot of nikkas get worse as they age....more set in stone in who they're gonna be or are. I'm not makin excuses breh, I can just look at AI and tell he drinks, probably smokes, enjoys "old celeb nikka" nightlife and clearly still gambles......the nikka got skreet nikka tendacies:myman:. I just know that type nikka so a no show ain't shocking. And he was doing this at age 29-32.....just ain't shocked.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
If he gives Kobe part ownership for Kobe to play in return it's guaranteed going to blow to a crazy level.

They should get ex NBA star players who could hoop and we're a large draw but now maybe can't go long minutes. I'd also add arenas and Tmac. KG, Pierce. Ray. ( their unfinished biz against each other would be must see.

Grant Hill too but he prolly well too old

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is it beneath him breh?
Just asking.
And I'm far from a coli militant but AI could leverage this into more sneaker sale or throwback jerseys sale.
The profit structure was set up where the owners shared the profits.
A black owned league not to bring race into it but why couldn't the players support this?
You like to play ball, you get to play ball and a share of profits. Not a salary but a share of ownership.
And miss me with all the problems of tape delays, crowd size etc. You have to start somewhere.
Im severely disappointed.

I'll put it like this.

I was watching one big league game on TV (probably the one and only time) because Brian Scalabrine was playing :banderas:

If you know anything about the white mamba he's pretty much a joke of a player to fans who know him.... he's not bad but you still can't take him seriously simply based off his image

Anyways, that's besides the point:hubie:

So later in the game a Big3 reporter went to interview Russell Westbrook who was in the building watching court side.

They interviewed Westbrook asked him a few questions and the last one was if he "could see himself playing in the BIG3 one day".

The look on his face said it all:youngsabo:

He gave a politically correct answer that wasn't either yes or no.... but even I knew that league was somewhere a player like Russell never belongs

Not to mention it probably won't be around long enough for Russell to play if he even chose to by the time he retires.

I like the idea of iverson being relevant again and selling shoes, etc.... but not this way. There's so many other things he can do. He's a legend.

There are very few NBA legends playing in big3

I'm all about a black owned business and want the league to succeed but that has nothing to do with iverson.

I'd rather see him coaching youth like Penny or running a famous basketball Camp in his home town or doing speeches and stuff telling his story.

Lastly, the NBA G LEAGUE is gonna be way more entertaining than BIG3

If I have anymore time to watch basketball other than NBA and NCAA, I'll be watching that:manny:

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll put it like this.

I was watching one big league game on TV (probably the one and only time) because Brian Scalabrine was playing :banderas:

If you know anything about the white mamba he's pretty much a joke of a player to fans who know him.... he's not bad but you still can't take him seriously simply based off his image

Anyways, that's besides the point:hubie:

So later in the game a Big3 reporter went to interview Russell Westbrook who was in the building watching court side.

They interviewed Westbrook asked him a few questions and the last one was if he "could see himself playing in the BIG3 one day".

The look on his face said it all:youngsabo:

He gave a politically correct answer that wasn't either yes or no.... but even I knew that league was somewhere a player like Russell never belongs

Not to mention it probably won't be around long enough for Russell to play if he even chose to by the time he retires.

I like the idea of iverson being relevant again and selling shoes, etc.... but not this way. There's so many other things he can do. He's a legend.

There are very few NBA legends playing in big3

I'm all about a black owned business and want the league to succeed but that has nothing to do with iverson.

I'd rather see him coaching youth like Penny or running a famous basketball Camp in his home town or doing speeches and stuff telling his story.

Lastly, the NBA G LEAGUE is gonna be way more entertaining than BIG3

If I have anymore time to watch basketball other than NBA and NCAA, I'll be watching that:manny:

everything you have said is correct brother
but why not give it a try ?
what is so disrepectful to iverson in having him play ball and getting a cut of profits and have a black boss ---- its like i just dont get it
empires start small - not saying its going to be an empire but gateorade is just flavoered water with salt my nikka
why cant we support each other
i dont get why people have to ish on the big 3 ?
why not support it and just see how far it goes.............they all had equity

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Breh....a lot of nikkas get worse as they age....more set in stone in who they're gonna be or are. I'm not makin excuses breh, I can just look at AI and tell he drinks, probably smokes, enjoys "old celeb nikka" nightlife and clearly still gambles......the nikka got skreet nikka tendacies:myman:. I just know that type nikka so a no show ain't shocking. And he was doing this at age 29-32.....just ain't shocked.
so that basically makes iverson a dumb ass nikka that makes poor decisions with the inability to improve with age ...so his lame ass should get fired then :mjlol:....I get it now

Edub

Veteran
Daps
so that basically makes iverson a dumb ass nikka that makes poor decisions with the inability to improve with age ...so his lame ass should get fired then :mjlol:....I get it now
I think the fired part is more your opinion....but aside from you thinkin he's a dumb ass nikka....he also just happens to have a large enough fanbase to jump start an entirely different basketball league separate from the NBA.....that makes him valuable and tolerable....and in a business sense certainly fire proof.:francis:

You may not like his ethics....but his brand still sells, just ask Reebok:manny:

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I think the fired part is more your opinion....but aside from you thinkin he's a dumb ass nikka....he also just happens to have a large enough fanbase to jump start an entirely different basketball league separate from the NBA.....that makes him valuable and tolerable....and in a business sense certainly fire proof.:francis:

You may not like his ethics....but his brand still sells, just ask Reebok:manny:
Ok lol

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
See, that's where nikkas got shyt fukked up ....."imagine bein an adult wit that mentality:picard:".....you nikkas ain't figured out by now America is about can you produce dollars, not are you punctual, y'all talkin bout bein an adult bout shyt cuz Cube run the league.....but I BET CUBE AINT TRIPPING NEAR AS MUCH AS YOU OUTSIDE LOOKIN IN COLI POSTERS ARE TRIPPIN'.......y'all brainwashed on some middle class show up to work and make a dollar shyt...yea if you got a supervisor or manger, yea be on time be punctual.....but that's y'all lives. None of the star nikkas are punctual or show up to every event....cube included. Is it not cool AI skipped shyt...yea not cool, but cube know AI brought crowds and ticket payers out in 99% of the market.....cube knows he was able to say AI is involved when he talked to Fox about a television contract to televise the league. But stay thinkin with a cubicle mindset. You talkin bout adult mindset....but you only thinkin bout your lane and what adulthood means in it......with big money and celebs adulthood means something a bit different....have a brand, make the brand profitable and do what you please, AI checks those boxes. Cube know.....and I bet AI still an investor next year if the league successful and possibly still a participant.

raw