Allen Iverson goes AWOL, and Big3 doesn’t look happy

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
See, that's where nikkas got shyt fukked up ....."imagine bein an adult wit that mentality:picard:".....you nikkas ain't figured out by now America is about can you produce dollars, not are you punctual, y'all talkin bout bein an adult bout shyt cuz Cube run the league.....but I BET CUBE AINT TRIPPING NEAR AS MUCH AS YOU OUTSIDE LOOKIN IN COLI POSTERS ARE TRIPPIN'.......y'all brainwashed on some middle class show up to work and make a dollar shyt...yea if you got a supervisor or manger, yea be on time be punctual.....but that's y'all lives. None of the star nikkas are punctual or show up to every event....cube included. Is it not cool AI skipped shyt...yea not cool, but cube know AI brought crowds and ticket payers out in 99% of the market.....cube knows he was able to say AI is involved when he talked to Fox about a television contract to televise the league. But stay thinkin with a cubicle mindset. You talkin bout adult mindset....but you only thinkin bout your lane and what adulthood means in it......with big money and celebs adulthood means something a bit different....have a brand, make the brand profitable and do what you please, AI checks those boxes. Cube know.....and I bet AI still an investor next year if the league successful and possibly still a participant.
Sounds cool but no. That attitude won't produce success.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Good thing the league is owned by Cube and not J. Prince. Or else j. Prince would hehe broken his fingers as a punishment for gambling.
I mean I think most hood nikkas that ended up owning shyt would break A.I's fingers

I dont know why it particularly has to be J Prince. J Prince has too much clout (he deserves it, but we need someone to replace his mantle one of these days)

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Shut the fukk up bytch....you can't make yo point wit out callin names fakkit......fukk yo thoughts nikka:gucci:

If the concept of "we see Iverson haven't been showing up, I'm not spending $200 on that" is beyond you, not sure how else to put it. More than half the fans that spent $ to see him in Dallas & Philly never will again.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
People can say stanning (I'm not even a fan all like that tho anymore).....but it's just reality. AI has been dodging responsibility for YEARS......why would him as a retiree be different today:francis:. A lot of these posters are angry because he did it to a breh, Cube, but cube is not above reproach to AI's work ethic. AI is old, he signed on to play but can't really all that well now and his mo is to always skip out on a practice or game or two in whatever league he gets involved in. When he played overseas (I think he did anyway)....Im sure he did all sorts of shyt that they tolerated understanding who he is. Yet....at the beginning of this summer did our eyes light up knowing AI was goin to be involved in big3....yep, did we tune in to see him play and did he, yep.....was him attaching his name to the league beneficial to Cube and the league, yep......is this controversy now bringin more eyes and headlines to the big3 basketball brand, yep......actually it's bringing more headlines than him actually playing weakly as an old man......point is AI being involved in a win however you spin it...........coli posters wanna write him up like an employee at Carls Jr.....but he ain't that. He's a headlining basketball rockstar...maybe not as big a draw but bigger than most that cube can find in retirement. He is who he is ....take the good (which majority of it is) wit the bad (missing a game or appearance). Cube league needs attention and AI one way or another got him that.

All you coli shift managers can:camby:

AI caked up and blows off work like a real nikkas dream and nikkas:umad:

That ain't no real nikkas dream. Some nikkas dream of playing pro sports, but not to fukk off the opportunity and act like we're doing everybody a favor on the days we decide to grace people with our presence at shyt were contractually obligated to be at.

They shoulda cut him and blackballed him for a couple years till he realized what kinda chance he was fukkin off.

I mean a pro athlete who thinks he can just show up whenever he feels like it? Man hell nah get him the fukk outta here.

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
I mean I think most hood nikkas that ended up owning shyt would break A.I's fingers

I dont know why it particularly has to be J Prince. J Prince has too much clout (he deserves it, but we need someone to replace his mantle one of these days)

No I just meant J. Prince. His clout would make sure none of the violence point to his direction lol.

I also meant it as a joke :aicmon:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Is this any good I haven't watched a single game.
The idea of watching old nikkas blow out there hamstrings doesn't seem like entertainment to me

If you're a basketball fan, this is good. Players are legitimately going at it...school yard rules. No ticky tack fouls, ish talkin...If you're casual, it probably won't interest you.

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hopefully someone talked sense into him and he quits the league. Im a huge AI fan and didnt even watch any games to see him. BIG3 is beneath him. Probably ruining his legacy like him playing overseas :beli:
Why is it beneath him breh?
Just asking.
And I'm far from a coli militant but AI could leverage this into more sneaker sale or throwback jerseys sale.
The profit structure was set up where the owners shared the profits.
A black owned league not to bring race into it but why couldn't the players support this?
You like to play ball, you get to play ball and a share of profits. Not a salary but a share of ownership.
And miss me with all the problems of tape delays, crowd size etc. You have to start somewhere.
Im severely disappointed.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
If the concept of "we see Iverson haven't been showing up, I'm not spending $200 on that" is beyond you, not sure how else to put it. More than half the fans that spent $ to see him in Dallas & Philly never will again.
Breh I get that.....it isn't cool that the fans in Dallas and Philly got got....I get that and AI is culpable for that. But I can't help but look at the bigger picture here. A lot of players who got involved may have done so cuz AI was wit it.....his involvement likely made a lot of things happen or at least definitely sweetened the pot for others to get involved. There possibly isn't a league for us to enjoy with this stature had he not involved himself in the first place. I feel for the Dallas and Philly fans....and hey, they headed to Rupp Arena next in Kentucky (UK) and I'm thinkin bout goin and maybe he'll no show there and on me.....but honestly I'm not crazy aggravated about it. He involved himself and helped the whole thing get started. We know AI got issues.....why would I expect him to be any different than who he is. And on a side note.....the Dallas games and turnout was the best I've seen yet....the show will go on is my point and AI will still be involved.
How old are you bro? No disrespect , as a grown ass man if you don't want to commit, don't sign up, this is what younger men or teens do
I'm old enough to have realistic expectations of people who have always shown me their real selves, AI being no exception.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
That ain't no real nikkas dream. Some nikkas dream of playing pro sports, but not to fukk off the opportunity and act like we're doing everybody a favor on the days we decide to grace people with our presence at shyt were contractually obligated to be at.

They shoulda cut him and blackballed him for a couple years till he realized what kinda chance he was fukkin off.

I mean a pro athlete who thinks he can just show up whenever he feels like it? Man hell nah get him the fukk outta here.

Fam....AI is not Rudy from Notre Dame who was begging for a chance. Everywhere he's been from Georgetown to wherever his last stop was til today some owner (usually white) has made millions and billions off his name and talent....granted this is the one time he gets to profit share in the makeup of the organization like an NFL owner would.....but by now this man is who he is.

The latter portion of my post was jokes....but it does ring true to nikkas being overly upset and sensitive about Allen Iverson type antics that Allen Iverson always pulls.