Allegedly How many slaves were brought over?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Against my own common sense I watched that video.

The total number of African peoples brought over to the Americans through the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade is about 12-15 million. The majority were taken to Brazil and the Carribean.

Cutting off a quote from what I imagine is a 2 hour long video means absolutely nothing.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only about 4% to 4.5% of slaves were brought to the USA. Probably less than 450 to 500 thousand people total.

90%+ of the slaves were taken to the Caribbean and South America.

There were between 10 to 15 million total slaves. About 12 million were on documented voyages and the rest were undocumented. A lot of the undocumented voyages occured after the British blockades of West and Central Africa especially right before the American Civil War. The Bights of Benin and Biafra, as well as Bimbia and Congo/Angola were the place of origin of the latter undocumented voyages.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Against my own common sense I watched that video.

The total number of African peoples brought over to the Americans through the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade is about 12-15 million. The majority were taken to Brazil and the Carribean.

Cutting off a quote from what I imagine is a 2 hour long video means absolutely nothing.
Yes and it depends of how you call the slave trade. The US number may be relatively low in comparison to say Brazil's numbers but if you count the slave trade in it's entirity from 1440 onwards 12 million is a very low number.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes and it depends of how you call the slave trade. The US number may be relatively low in comparison to say Brazil's numbers but if you count the slave trade in it's entirity from 1440 onwards 12 million is a very low number.
what discussions like this often ignore is the number of men and women who died enroute to America.

:francis:
Most of the voyages were documented. They had actual companies that did the transporting. They had investors that provided the funding to pay the transportation companies and purchase the people and they had insurers. So it was not haphazard or some thrown together enterprise. The documented voyages knew where the people were from and who and how many people were dropped off and where they were dropped off. They even knew which ethnic groups were not welcomed in certain colonies, which is how and why the USA got so many Muslims.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
I just read the comments to that video. Wow. Is the whole "We were already here" narrative really becoming mainstream with black Americans, or is this a niche demographic?
I’d like to think it’s an internet narrative, but within the last year I’ve seen two nikkas wearing Indian garb and feathers out in public. :dead: