All trolling aside, What's Wale's appeal?

Papsmear

Banned
Daps
Wale and Lupe are both nikkas I never liked fukk these cornball ass fagets

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Never got into his music, he had a joint here and there but ultimately I couldn't fade. My cousins both in DC and abroad fukk with his shyt so it's kinda generational in the DMV, of course its A LOT of other shyt too when it comes to why Wale catches hate but I think for me I just couldn't relate enough. He's definitely not as boring as cole and I'd say his subject matter overall has been more diverse than what I've heard from drake. However I'm going off his old mixtapes too, I don't even know if he makes songs like that still.

I dunno, the 90s/early 00s spoiled me. I can count on one hand the number of new age nikkaz I rock wit.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Sick of hearing that "Bad" song. :scusthov: He seems extra average to me. An anti-Drake without the skill and effortless flow. While Drake cries unicorn tears on every track, Wale has the #hardonhoes mentality.

Black Gatsby

Lord$ Never Worry
Daps
Reppin
London
He's better than Sean lyrically, probably on par with Drake punchline wise and lyrically as well in terms of dexterity.

I've been following dude since his mixtape days but I just respect his whole take on things. He's what Big Sean probably wants to be and he's really talented at flipping word.

Dude is probably the most equipped new-age SPITTER for the non-hood/gutter image. He's legit.

Lets say, he's Drake without the singing...and not as functionally gifted as Drake but gifted in his own right.

I just wish he'd stop cramming syllables into his verses.

Interviewed him last year for MTV, cool ass dude.

But beyond that, I'd say above is probably the best answer you're going to get on the subject. The syllable thing works at times, sometimes it doesn't.

There's an intelligence in his raps at times that some people just don't want to hear (hence people questioned why he signed with MMG, questioned if his content would change to fit in) also he can come off spoken word -ish and that sometimes throws people but I think he is quality.

Jack Don the G

What am I? A farmer?
Daps
Dont know what it is. Even his "good" songs doesnt do it for me. I can enjoy them 2-3 times then i dont feel like listening to them ever again.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Never got into his music, he had a joint here and there but ultimately I couldn't fade. My cousins both in DC and abroad fukk with his shyt so it's kinda generational in the DMV, of course its A LOT of other shyt too when it comes to why Wale catches hate but I think for me I just couldn't relate enough. He's definitely not as boring as cole and I'd say his subject matter overall has been more diverse than what I've heard from drake. However I'm going off his old mixtapes too, I don't even know if he makes songs like that still.

I dunno, the 90s/early 00s spoiled me. I can count on one hand the number of new age nikkaz I rock wit.

You're not spoiled, just stubborn.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
If you're a grown man and you like any rapper because of his "image" or "swag" then every breath you take is an L :heh: