All Quiet On The Western Front

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I watched the OG one from the 1930s.. fukking amazing

Tried to watch the one from the 70s... Trash remake...

This one is up next.. I figure it'll fall short but it's gotta be better than the 70s one..

How many times they gonna remake the same ass movies. Ain't no new war story to tell?

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
How the fukk did I miss this..I watched the original at school in 7th grade film class(NJ public education was great for a 90s baby :wow:)

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Good movie but still low on my list behind Saving Private Ryan, 1917, and Full Metal Jacket as infinitely re-watchable war movies despite the gore…the combo of characters, writing and scenes really make those stand out to me…

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
It’s crazy how certain war movies get you so amped you want to go pick a gun up

Maybe this is just me but when I’m watching movies like this sometimes I imagine what if I was in that situation, that’s why saving private ryan will always be the best war movie ever just for how they shot the Normandy beach scene, like can you imagine running out a boat into machine gun fire

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I watched the OG one from the 1930s.. fukking amazing

Tried to watch the one from the 70s... Trash remake...

This one is up next.. I figure it'll fall short but it's gotta be better than the 70s one..

How many times they gonna remake the same ass movies. Ain't no new war story to tell?
The ending was new, I didn't know they made them fight even though the war was over.

The part where dude left his fellow soldiers behind to literally be a stud at a french dairy farm was my favorite part. F dying in a war, them heauxs probably killed him though