All my Networking/IT Brehs I need help.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
technically bash is a programming language. It is not as sophisticated as perl or php.

My Python skills is alright but I'm not there yet give me about end of the year.
I got a project coming up I will write in python only.

So you're a programmer much in the same way that I am a chef?

Cooked scrambled eggs this morning. They were delicious. :win:

Nah just playing. I got Python on my languages to learn list. I'm learning strictly for use with Arduino and other boards though.

Sidenote: Have to learn JAVA for a project. Setting up an ESB running Mule. Need to be able to whip up my own front end solutions. Going JAVA all the way. Anyone have any good suggestions for books/videos/online courses to learn JAVA? Quick. By July.

I have experience with Objective C, C++, PHP, Javascript, Ruby (Rails framework in particular). Object oriented concepts are not foreign to me. So nothing too basic.

Thanks

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you're a programmer much in the same way that I am a chef?

Cooked scrambled eggs this morning. They were delicious. :win:

Sidenote: Have to learn JAVA for some project. Setting up an ESB running Mule. Need to be able to whip up my own front end solutions. Going JAVA all the way. Anyone have any good suggestions for books/videos/online courses to learn JAVA? Quick. By July.

I have experience with Objective C, C++, PHP, Javascript, Ruby (Rails framework in particular)

You can start with this. I actually got this from another poster on this site
http://downloads.fzdownloads.com/at...a__A_Problem_Solving_Approach_Summary_pdf.pdf

I've been busy with my regular school work so I haven't gotten to read it as much.

Jim Jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
Typical CCNA stuff. :obama3:

PM me if none of these "so called" IT gurus can't help ya.
Do you have Microsoft visio?

Good engineers always have to visualize before they deploy. DRAW IT OUT :shaq2:

logical and physical topology

Yeah I have visio, that's part of the project we have to have topologies and I have to have a time line in Project

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Yeah I have visio, that's part of the project we have to have topologies and I have to have a time line in Project

I will put together some toughts and let you know.

How does your current diagram look like?

Remember it says one main site and 2 satellite offices. So in all you will have 3 sites at least I will update soon

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
One of the satellite locations is located within a suburban area that has current technological infrastructures and related technology offerings. The other location currently does not have access to the phone company network or the local cable company broadband network. (This is key ISDN although an old technology can be used to send data over phone lines in places with no broadband or DSL providers)

It doesn't get any basic than this
test-drawing_zpsa0b56633.jpg

• Purchase and setup the proper networking equipment (including an IP addressing solution) within each satellite office in order for a secure, highly-available connection back to the main office. The inventory and sales systems in place in the satellite locations are consistent with the main office. (Purchase cheap cisco routers Linksys or 800 series for site-to-site VPN between sites. The requirement states one site is in an urban area. Get a DSL for that site and for the othersite since it’s in a rural area your option is either satellite or ISDN. I picked ISDN for it’s a much older technology)
• Provide kiosks in the satellite locations where customers can have Internet access to look up CARFAX® information and do price comparisons with other car dealers in the area. These kiosk machines should not be able to access any of the other network resources in the offices, but should have the ability to print out information.(Create a group policy in windows or Linux domain server to only allow user to print and then use access-list to block the PC from going anywhere else. PC and printer must be part of the same domain )
• Provide for additional capacity as the new satellite office is brought ‘online’(the satellite offices will have a VPN connection to main office. One over DSL and the other over much older ISDN)
• Provide for centralized printing for invoicing and financial documentation for sales.(VPN takes care of this. Remote PC will be configured to use main office printer)
• Provide for limited downtime
• Provide for centralized management and control of the computers in the two offices, as well as those in the main office, so that you can maintain the network from off-site(with VPN you should have remote access to manage components remotely)
• Provide for long-term cost effectiveness(document and use open source software or windows small business software)
• Provide a suite of software tools for the employees to effectively communicate with each other at all locations.(Microsoft exchange or a Linux send mail will do for cheap email solution)

Disclaimer--Use this at your own risk. Only intended for educational purposes and not guranteed to pass you the exam :obama3:
gotta cover my azz somehow:manny: