All my Networking/IT Brehs I need help.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I agree that Linux can do all of that, but in the end it's not free though.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
First of of all Linux is more secure than windows so clearly if you are talking security you have no idea what you are talking about.

Secondly the administrative cost of Linux comes in because they are not a whole lot of us.

Thirdly redhat/Centos(free version) has a nice centrally manged network (LDAP or Radius)

Fourthly have you are deployed an open source network? because you sound ignorant about the power of Linux and it's capabilities.

I've run everything run HP-UX, Solaris, and AIX. At my current job I'm implementing Tivoli as a directory store and deploying SAML for web SSO, miss me with I don't know Linux/Unix. I do Identity and Access Management all day. Windows is secure enough to pass DoD standards to be used on Top Secret installations (yes I've worked for the fed too).

1) How are you going to manage all of those Windows clients using OpenLDAP?
2) Why bring up RHEL when it has license fees if your concern is cost?
3) One of the leading causes of unsecure networks is misconfiguration (which will happen if the person has no clue how to securely setup OpenLDAP).

Like I said nikka, stick to Voice, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I've run everything run HP-UX, Solaris, and AIX. At my current job I'm implementing Tivoli as a directory store and deploying SAML for web SSO, miss me with I don't know Linux/Unix. I do Identity and Access Management all day. Windows is secure enough to pass DoD standards to be used on Top Secret installations (yes I've worked for the fed too).

1) How are you going to manage all of those Windows clients using OpenLDAP?
2) Why bring up RHEL when it has license fees if your concern is cost?
3) One of the leading causes of unsecure networks is misconfiguration (which will happen if the person has no clue how to securely setup OpenLDAP).

Like I said nikka, stick to Voice, you have no clue what you're talking about.

1. I didn't see Windows OS in the requirement---you are assuming :pacspit: READ THE PROJECT.
2.CentOS is free...It can do over 95% of what Red hat does.

3.A misconfiguration network can be either be windows or Linux. Only way you a have a misconfiguration is if you have an inept engineer.

An what's with with the voice crap?

I have Voice and R/S certs. My skill set is not limited to voice.
Heck I even have some Linux certs.

At my current job I wear 4 hats

programmer
voice engineer
Network engineer
Linux engineer

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
1. I didn't see Windows OS in the requirement---you are assuming :pacspit: READ THE PROJECT.
2.CentOS is free...It can do over 95% of what Red hat does.

3.A misconfiguration network can be either be windows or Linux. Only way you a have a misconfiguration is if you have an inept engineer.

An what's what with the voice crap?

I have Voice and R/S certs. My skill set is not limited to voice.
Heck I even have some Linux certs.

At my current job I wear 4 hats

programmer
voice engineer
Network engineer
Linux engineer

:childplease: nikka you was bragging about learning BASH, you ain't no damn programmer.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
CentOS can do most of what redhat enterprise does. But of course you pay for what you get

I agree , CentOS can. Only problem is companies want some type of support, unless you are working for a small size company, they want a vendor for each product you guys use.

Hell we have "Red Hat developers/employees" here doing code reviews for .NET projects. Not sure why we don't have Microsoft employees here..but hey..lol

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
:childplease: nikka you was bragging about learning BASH, you ain't no damn programmer.

technically bash is a programming language. It is not as sophisticated as perl or php.

My Python skills is alright but I'm not there yet give me about end of the year.
I got a project coming up I will write in python only.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
technically bash is a programming language. It is not as sophisticated as perl or php.

My Python skills is alright but I'm not there yet give me about end of the year.
I got a project coming up I will write in python only.

Look at Pygame if you want to implement some interesting stuff.

edit: Also you can use Python with VS studio.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I agree , CentOS can. Only problem is companies want some type of support, unless you are working for a small size company, they want a vendor for each product you guys use.

Hell we have "Red Hat developers/employees" here doing code reviews for .NET projects. Not sure why we don't have Microsoft employees here..but hey..lol

yes u r correct.

But for a college project I think it will work fine. If we are talking cost.
He can look into windows AD if the requirement says windows.
But I didn't see that in there.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
@Intruder v3.0 I sonned that n!gga @bdizzle to Bolivia in this thread so he put me on ignore like the b!tch that he is.

Kind of reminds me of when my girl gets upset. "I'm not talking to you right now" :obama3:
What a b!tchass n!gga

Last edited by a moderator: