All my Networking/IT Brehs I need help.

Jim Jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
I need help, this is my final project for my Networking degree. What is the best way for me to connect these satellite offices ? I was gonna just run fiber but that would cost way to much, and then I was gonna do a VPN but the satellite offices don't have internet. :sadbron:

You have been hired by Roman Motor Company to design and implement a networking solution for their main office and for two satellite offices in different parts of town. Their main office is located approximately ten miles from each of the satellite offices in opposite directions. The main office is provided with Internet access from the local telephone company in the form of a shared T1 line. Roman Motor Company plans to add at least one new satellite office within the next five years, providing that the business continues to grow as forecasted. At present, employees at the satellite offices have their own computer and networking systems that are completely separate from the main office, and manually take their backups to the main office, which is becoming very cumbersome. You must determine the best way to connect the satellite offices back to the main office. Upon initial planning, the following network requirements have been identified:

• Purchase and setup the proper networking equipment (including an IP addressing solution) within each satellite office in order for a secure, highly-available connection back to the main office. The inventory and sales systems in place in the satellite locations are consistent with the main office.
• Provide kiosks in the satellite locations where customers can have Internet access to look up CARFAX® information and do price comparisons with other car dealers in the area. These kiosk machines should not be able to access any of the other network resources in the offices, but should have the ability to print out information.
• Provide for additional capacity as the new satellite office is brought ‘online’
• Provide for centralized printing for invoicing and financial documentation for sales.
• Provide for limited downtime
• Provide for centralized management and control of the computers in the two offices, as well as those in the main office, so that you can maintain the network from off-site
• Provide for long-term cost effectiveness
• Provide a suite of software tools for the employees to effectively communicate with each other at all locations.

The company does not have any networking equipment at the satellite locations, but does have one computer at each of the satellite offices where the sales personnel can access the same sales software that is used at the main office, although it is not tied to the main office. Your plan should include a complete network system that meets these requirements and allows for future expansion plans.

One of the satellite locations is located within a suburban area that has current technological infrastructures and related technology offerings. The other location currently does not have access to the phone company network or the local cable company broadband network.

Complete your proposal including costs for computing equipment for the kiosks, network infrastructure, network servers, printers, and related hardware, software, and accessories. Include as much detail as possible as well as justification as to your selections. Diagram and explain your physical network and computer design as well as the logical network design (server installation, domain layout, etc.). You are also required to complete a project timeline for this proposal. As you are a working for a small business, cost is a major factor and should be minimized.

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
cloud.jpg

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I need help, this is my final project for my Networking degree. What is the best way for me to connect these satellite offices ? I was gonna just run fiber but that would cost way to much, and then I was gonna do a VPN but the satellite offices don't have internet. :sadbron:

You have been hired by Roman Motor Company to design and implement a networking solution for their main office and for two satellite offices in different parts of town. Their main office is located approximately ten miles from each of the satellite offices in opposite directions. The main office is provided with Internet access from the local telephone company in the form of a shared T1 line. Roman Motor Company plans to add at least one new satellite office within the next five years, providing that the business continues to grow as forecasted. At present, employees at the satellite offices have their own computer and networking systems that are completely separate from the main office, and manually take their backups to the main office, which is becoming very cumbersome. You must determine the best way to connect the satellite offices back to the main office. Upon initial planning, the following network requirements have been identified:

• Purchase and setup the proper networking equipment (including an IP addressing solution) within each satellite office in order for a secure, highly-available connection back to the main office. The inventory and sales systems in place in the satellite locations are consistent with the main office.
• Provide kiosks in the satellite locations where customers can have Internet access to look up CARFAX® information and do price comparisons with other car dealers in the area. These kiosk machines should not be able to access any of the other network resources in the offices, but should have the ability to print out information.
• Provide for additional capacity as the new satellite office is brought ‘online’
• Provide for centralized printing for invoicing and financial documentation for sales.
• Provide for centralized management and control of the computers in the two offices, as well as those in the main office, so that you can maintain the network from off-site
• Provide a suite of software tools for the employees to effectively communicate with each other at all locations.

The company does not have any networking equipment at the satellite locations, but does have one computer at each of the satellite offices where the sales personnel can access the same sales software that is used at the main office, although it is not tied to the main office. Your plan should include a complete network system that meets these requirements and allows for future expansion plans.

One of the satellite locations is located within a suburban area that has current technological infrastructures and related technology offerings. The other location currently does not have access to the phone company network or the local cable company broadband network.

Complete your proposal including costs for computing equipment for the kiosks, network infrastructure, network servers, printers, and related hardware, software, and accessories. Include as much detail as possible as well as justification as to your selections. Diagram and explain your physical network and computer design as well as the logical network design (server installation, domain layout, etc.). You are also required to complete a project timeline for this proposal. As you are a working for a small business, cost is a major factor and should be minimized.

The remote office without access to phone or cable can use satellite to get internet access. A site to site VPN tunnel can be setup to secure communication back to HQ.

Jim Jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
The remote office without access to phone or cable can use satellite to get internet access. A site to site VPN tunnel can be setup to secure communication back to HQ.

All the satellite internet packages im seeing only allow like 45gb monthly data allowance is that enough you think ?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
fukk it I'm bored, might as well do it for you:

Remote 1 - 10.0.x.x/16 subnet
Remote 2 - 10.1.x.x/16 subnet

Get a L3 switch to do routing/packet switching in the core layer
Get a bunch of 3550 catalysts and VLAN each floor off to segment the traffic
Setup a IPSec tunnel from the remote office to the HQ. If the HQ has an overlapping address space, NAT on the firewall to translate those addresses as they traverse the security device.

Place the kiosks on their own private vlan so that they don't have access to the production resources.

This is done with the /16 address space in step 1. Provides over 65k usuable addresses

Setup a print server

use etherchannel, HSRP, clustering, NLB and a bunch of other HA techniques to achieve this. Also use syslog/snmp to provide network monitoring on all core infrastructure devices

Use Windows SBS (or whatever it's called) install Active Directory, and join the machines to the domain. Deploy whatever remote control software (or just use group policy to configure RDP on all client/server machines). Grant access to admins only

:childplease: tell them nikkas stop being cheap

Use whatever Instant Messaging software you can think of (Microsoft Lync for example). Setup Exchange for email and deploy outlook to the desktops.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Sounds similar to my project from school I can lookup the final doc we put together. Will let you know what i find. I believe we used frame-relay

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
All the satellite internet packages im seeing only allow like 45gb monthly data allowance is that enough you think ?

Depends how much traffic they're producing. More than likely no. Unless there's an option to drop some lines from the remote office to a Telco, satellite is your only option breh :yeshrug:

Look into Frame Relay

Can't do Frame without access to a telco.