All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Astros lost, so now once the Yankees clinch the East, they clinch a bye.

Cleveland lost too, so a win puts the AL magic number for home field throughout the AL at 4.
And you think home field against Houston is your teams salvation? :skip:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
And you think home field against Houston is your teams salvation? :skip:
the bye is valuable regardless.

But yeah, not having home field against y'all when Minute Maid is a house of horrors for us does factor in.

The irony is that a) since the martian landed, we can't lose in Houston and b) we play WAY better on the road than at home.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
2MQUFBLV2WUGNYFKFNQREACDLE.jpg

Spence

Superstar
Daps
the bye is valuable regardless.

But yeah, not having home field against y'all when Minute Maid is a house of horrors for us does factor in.

The irony is that a) since the martian landed, we can't lose in Houston and b) we play WAY better on the road than at home.
Last 3 years the bye has been an absolute death sentence in both leagues.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Last 3 years the bye has been an absolute death sentence in both leagues.
except for y'all :dry:

You sound like Cashman when he talks about the playoffs being a crapshoot even though the Astros are guaranteed an LCS appearance every year. In the end it's gonna come down to how we do with RISP and whether Boone can control himself and manage the pen.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
except for y'all :dry:

You sound like Cashman when he talks about the playoffs being a crapshoot even though the Astros are guaranteed an LCS appearance every year. In the end it's gonna come down to how we do with RISP and whether Boone can control himself and manage the pen.
Nah, our Achilles is actually management this year (and nothing but backup pitchers past Valdez.) Espada over manages and is skiddish on sticking with his starter then doesn’t select the best relief pitcher matchup time and time again.

We also have to get past a Tigers team that is hotter than the surface of the fkn sun right now (I’m not a believer in the Twins).

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Nah, our Achilles is actually management this year (and nothing but backup pitchers past Valdez.) Espada over manages and is skiddish on sticking with his starter then doesn’t select the best relief pitcher matchup time and time again.

We also have to get past a Tigers team that is hotter than the surface of the fkn sun right now (I’m not a believer in the Twins).

I think Tigers are getting the 2nd WC. I think 3rd WC is coming down to Royals or Twins imo.