All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Following M-V-P Judge with Davis. :scust:
Judge has to be sick watching this team. I wouldn’t blame him if he started publicly demanding the front office either make big moves to fix this lineup or trade him. Volpe is 3rd on the team with a .325 OBP and nobody else is above .303 right now. The #9 hitter on the 2009 team would be 3rd in batting average and 4th in both OBP and slugging percentage on this squad. The 9th highest average on that team would be 4th on this one.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Judge has to be sick watching this team. I wouldn’t blame him if he started publicly demanding the front office either make big moves to fix this lineup or trade him. Volpe is 3rd on the team with a .325 OBP and nobody else is above .303 right now. The #9 hitter on the 2009 team would be 3rd in batting average and 4th in both OBP and slugging percentage on this squad. The 9th highest average on that team would be 4th on this one.
ouch-of-coach-reaction-fifa-football-52e4w7734zilpki2.gif

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This might be the worst pen in the majors. They have an ERA close to 6 over the past 3-4 weeks now and seem to give up at least one run every inning. Judge & Soto right now are basically the only difference between this team and the marlins or the A’s. Falling behind big early and then once the starter gets chased off the mound the pen just keeps serving up more runs on top of that :trash:. They’re not even competing anymore. Getting blown out every game. I’m ready to check out on these guys at this point.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This team is going to be unwatchable for the next month until the trade deadline.

Even then though I have zero confidence they'll make the moves necessary to be a serious contender.
They’re looking like the 2021 team where they mail it in as soon as they fall behind, which was always early. 0 for I think their first 39 games where they fell behind by 4 or more and 0 for I think their first 41 where they gave up 5+ runs.