All Gas, No Brakes! - 2021 New York Jets Off-Season thread

Are we winning the Super Bowl this year?

• Total voters

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't hate it is much as y'all do.

If we want a Top 5 QB, gotta give up something :manny:

The only way I'd consider it is if I KNEW the Texans were shipping him to MIA if I didn't.:whoa:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY

Why bite our style?:gucci:

I don’t know why it bothers me so much, but it does. So unnecessary.
@King Crimson
@Starman

Here y’all go. If this is legit, (not sure why it wouldn’t be.. dudes had this vlog for a good minute now) then I’m a MILLION percent on board with bringing Watson In.

Yeah, it’s very possible. We’re in a good spot to where we don’t NEED to make it happen, but we can and without mortgaging our future.
The only way I'd consider it is if I KNEW the Texans were shipping him to MIA if I didn't.:whoa:
No need to give up all of that. Hou doesn’t have leverage and Mia doesn’t have more to give up than we do, like has been said, what we need is Watson to say he’s not going anywhere else. I don’t know if we can secure that or if it’d be tampering. We can give them 3 firsts and be done with it.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
This part is what gives me pause. I don’t see Joe giving up that much to bring him in. Remember.. he’s gonna cost us 36-38 milly per year. If we take on that contract and sign a receiver (Robinson/Golladay) that’s another 15 or so there. That leaves us with what.. 28 milly left? Before signing our rookies and bringing in more help? I just can’t see Joe going for it.

The only QB move I can see Joe going for is if no one offers Detroit shyt for Stafford, and they release him outright. And we get him on a team friendly deal. Other than that, we’re either rolling with Sam again, or going QB at 2

the numbers i saw on his contract was 10 million next year and then it goes 35 - 37 - 32 - 32 for the next 4. there's already a handful of qbs lined up to sign for bigger numbers than that

not bad at all

I don't hate it is much as y'all do.

If we want a Top 5 QB, gotta give up something :manny:

depends on if he means all 4 first rounders or just the jets original 2

4 firsts, 2 seconds and quinnen is crazy

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
the numbers i saw on his contract was 10 million next year and then it goes 35 - 37 - 32 - 32 for the next 4. there's already a handful of qbs lined up to sign for bigger numbers than that

not bad at all

depends on if he means all 4 first rounders or just the jets original 2

4 firsts, 2 seconds and quinnen is crazy

Yea I watched that vid and I saw the breakdown. What makes me feel even better is the fact that we’ve got 60 milly free’d up NEXT offseason too.

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
we reaping the benefits of having no homegrown talent to pay :ahh:
Lol!
Sad, but it’s a silver lining.
Marcus Maye in the cut like :usure:
Speaking of which, he’s going to need his money and we’re going to have to pay him. If for nothing else, to send a message.
How much do we give him is the question?

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
Lol!
Sad, but it’s a silver lining.

Speaking of which, he’s going to need his money and we’re going to have to pay him. If for nothing else, to send a message.
How much do we give him is the question?

probably like 10-12 million a year where he's cuttable after 2

might get a little more for being the leader of saleh's new defense and not being jamal adams

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Does he say no to a 4 year 40 million dollar deal? :jbhmm:

probably like 10-12 million a year where he's cuttable after 2

might get a little more for being the leader of saleh's new defense and not being jamal adams
Yeah. About 10 - 12 sounds about right. Too long we’ve shown that we don’t value our players by not paying them. Gotta break that trend. Build good will.