"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
Nope.

Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould will be overseeing "Better Call Saul".

Moira Walley-Beckett is doing a show for Starz.

George Mastras, Thomas Schnauz, Gennifer Hutchison, and Sam Catlin are all currently free agents. These guys could end up on "Better Call Saul", if AMC is smart.

Michelle MacLaren, the best director on "BB" went to "Game of Thrones". David Porter, the guy that did all the great music is working on "Wayward Pines" for Fox. Michael Slovis, arguably the GOAT TV cinematographer, went to "Chicago Fire" on NBC.

Once again AMC dropped the ball. If they would've OK'ed "Better Call Saul" sooner they could've kept the whole team together.

Fred.
smhhh @ amc

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
I have a question....did this show really have hidden clues (e.g when that bullet ricocheted off the number 10 into walt..)? Can you guys expose some of them for me because at first i thought you guys were just practicing some good ole wishful thinking

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I have a question....did this show really have hidden clues (e.g when that bullet ricocheted off the number 10 into walt..)? Can you guys expose some of them for me because at first i thought you guys were just practicing some good ole wishful thinking
Its not as deep as some will make it out to be

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Man I wish you didn't ask this. :russ:

I dunno about the bullet ricochet being symbolic of anything but yeah, there's is all kinds of clues, foreshadowing, shout-outs to other movies, etc. through out the series. This isn't my opinion, the writers, directors, etc. have pointed out a ton of shyt people missed the first time they watched.

I'll give you a couple quick examples.

Michael Slovis, the DP (aka the cinematographer) for the show purposely tried to leech as much light out of the series as he possibly could to reflect Walt's descent into villainy.

I didn't notice this until I read an interview with him, but if you compare the earlier seasons to the later ones it's obvious as hell.

Season 1, episode 1:

light_zps4b75cb63.png

Season 5, episode 8, the same room:

darkness_zps53de9548.png

Another weird recurring theme is the pink teddy bear. It appears in or around episodes where someone dies. The most obvious sighting is season 2, episode 13 after the plane crash:

bear1_zpse363c270.png

It also appears in the episode Jane died (season 2, episode 12):

bear2_zps037844b5.png

It also appears in the episode after Tuco died (season 2, episode 3):

bear3_zps0bdf980b.png

It also appears in Jane's bedroom on the wall (season 2, episode 13):

bear5_zpsefda23b0.png

It also appeared in the episode before Hank died (season 5, episode 12) in the tree:

salkdnf_zpsae18a279.png

Lastly, there's a shout out to the movie "The Shining" in season 3, episode 6. When the police man finds the old woman that "the cousins" killed, he calls for back up. He identifies himself as "KDK-12".

theshining_zps70d07a7a.png

Which seems kinda random until you realize KDK-12 is the call letters for the Overlook Hotel in "The Shining". It's what Wendy identifies herself as every time she calls for help. And what did Jack Nicholson have?

the-shining-axe.jpg

An axe, which is exactly what kills the police man in "Breaking Bad".

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh and I'm sure someone will point out that Hank died in season 5, episode 14, not 13, but according to the podcast they originally killed him in 13, but later decided to cut in the middle of the shootout and save his death until the next week.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
fukk it here's a couple more.

Rian Johnson said they purposely set the chess board up in season 5, episode 14 so that it would reflect where Walt was, story-wise:

tumblr_mt8vd27DVv1qzpxx1o1_1280.jpg

The White King is backed into a corner, a few moves from being checkmated.

Also, and you can check this yourself, they added a digital effect to "Ozymandias" (season 5, episode 14) that most people missed. After Hank gets shot, and Walt falls down, when he hits the ground it actually cracks open, like he's a giant statue falling over. If you're familiar with the poem "Ozymandias" you'll understand why they did that.

Fred.