"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cosign the whole review except for this...

Gus waitin' in Belize like

10-1t060-bad1c-300x300.jpg

and ruling with an iron box cutter

boxcutter.jpg

Todd gonna be hunting chickens for Gus when his plane arrives :win:

Don't forget about triple og Hector Salamanca. In Belize he doesn't need the wheelchair

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And most of the cops suffered. Prez, McNulty, Kima, Daniels, Herc

Kima got shot and didn't die. Prez fukked up, so he lost his job. McNulty fukked up, so he lost his job. Same goes for Herc. I don't remember anything bad happening to Daniels.

That's not remotely on the same level of damn near every criminal on the show catching Ls for all 5 seasons. The show was obviously pro-cop because David Simon is close friends with a lot of police.

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whoa. You can't say The Wire was pro cop. Slow down there. Simon painted drug dealers and killers in a real favorable light. He made D'Angelo, Omar, Wallace, Bodie, Prop Joe , Stringer, Avon, and Michael, (all the projects kids) and many others look like heroes. He made all look sympathetic and deep. What show were you watching. David Simon is the king of this. He took grey characters who are usually villains on TV, and made them all protagonist in a shape or form.

Simon made many of the cops look like buffoons and corrupt individuals who couldn't lead a troupe of kindergartens. How many times did McNulty expose how inept Baltimore police was?

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kima got shot and didn't die. Prez fukked up, so he lost his job. McNulty fukked up, so he lost his job. Same goes for Herc. I don't remember anything bad happening to Daniels.

That's not remotely on the same level of damn near every criminal on the show catching Ls for all 5 seasons. The show was obviously pro-cop because David Simon is close friends with a lot of police.

Fred.

So Kima didn't suffer because she survived being shot? :what:

As for the criminals dying and going to jail, well yeah that's what happens to criminals when they fukk up they die or go to jail. They don't get demoted. You not going to find too many decades long drug dealers on the streets. You wind up dead or in jail, that's the game.

Just because the cops were still alive and not in jail doesn't mean they didn't suffer in their own way. Daniels and McNulty got demoted for trying to do good police work. McNulty was also an alcoholic who ruined two relationships. Daniels wife left him and he lost out on being chief because he wouldn't fudge the stats. McNulty was forced to quit the only thing he really cared about or was good at. Bunny lost his pension and his cushy new job.

And at the end of the day, Bubs, Poot, Slim, Marlo, Mike, Namond and Brianna were all relatively good when the show ended.

I didn't think the Wire was pro anything, pretty much every institution they covered they showed the good and the bad.

I guess its all how you look at it. If you only equate suffering with going to jail/dying than sure, otherwise...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Whoa. You can't say The Wire was pro cop. Slow down there. Simon painted drug dealers and killers in a real favorable light. He made D'Angelo, Omar, Wallace, Bodie, Prop Joe , Stringer, Avon, and Michael, (all the projects kids) and many others look like heroes. He made all look sympathetic and deep. What show were you watching. David Simon is the king of this. He took grey characters who are usually villains on TV, and made them all protagonist in a shape or form.

Simon made many of the cops look like buffoons and corrupt individuals who couldn't lead a troupe of kindergartens. How many times did McNulty expose how inept Baltimore police was?

He humanized the drug dealers and gangsters. It doesn't change the fact that by the end of the show most of them were dead, in jail, or forced out of the game, and not one police officer died, or even caught an L, unless it was by their own doing (Lester, McNulty, Herc).

The tangential cops were inept or didn't care. The main core of characters, especially Daniels, Kima, Lester, Bunk, and McNulty, were painted as damn near perfect at their jobs.

And David Simon himself would probably tell you the show is pro-cop. He's close friends with a lot of police. Worked as a police reporter for years. Ed Burns, the co-creator of the series was a cop for 20 years. The show is pro-cop, what you're talking about is the institutions behind the police, like the mayor, judges, the whole judicial system, etc. which made the cop's jobs harder.

Hell, his original pitch was "a police procedural". That's the exact words he used when selling the series to HBO. The cops were the main characters.

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually NO. His pitch is NOT a police procedural. his pitch was to take it above the standard police procedural and show both sides of the street. I know Because I have his 70 page PITCH to HBO on my computer.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So Kima didn't suffer because she survived being shot? :what:

As for the criminals dying and going to jail, well yeah that's what happens to criminals when they fukk up they die or go to jail. They don't get demoted. You not going to find too many decades long drug dealers on the streets. You wind up dead or in jail, that's the game.

Just because the cops were still alive and not in jail doesn't mean they didn't suffer in their own way. Daniels and McNulty got demoted for trying to do good police work. McNulty was also an alcoholic who ruined two relationships. Daniels wife left him and he lost out on being chief because he wouldn't fudge the stats. McNulty was forced to quit the only thing he really cared about or was good at. Bunny lost his pension and his cushy new job.

And at the end of the day, Bubs, Poot, Slim, Marlo, Mike, Namond and Brianna were all relatively good when the show ended.

I didn't think the Wire was pro anything, pretty much every institution they covered they showed the good and the bad.

I guess its all how you look at it. If you only equate suffering with going to jail/dying than sure, otherwise...

I don't think losing your job because you fukked up (Bunny, Herc, Lester, McNulty, Prez) is on the same level as dying or going to jail for life, no. I don't think getting shot and making a full recovery is the same, either.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Actually NO. His pitch is NOT a police procedural. his pitch was to take it above the standard police procedural and show both sides of the street. I know Because I have his 70 page PITCH to HBO on my computer.

That's hilarious because I have the same 79 page pitch right here in front of me. And in the very first paragraph he calls it a police procedural. Then he calls it "a police story set amid the dysfunction and indifference of an urban environment" in the 3rd paragraph. So :what:

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The WIRE will be far more then a cop show, as it will break new ground, covering the human condition and environment. The WIRE extends past the US against them like shows like NYPD BLUES (From document)

You must not know what a procedural really is. Because CSI is really what a procedural is.

He talks about how the WIRE is elevated above the standard procedural. For you to say THE WIRE was pro cop was wrong. Many people including DAVID SIMON would disagree with you.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
a9cx.png
New Hampshire nikkas don't fukk with Nothing Was The Same? Marty Robbins doesn't drop tracks for the sensitive thugs out chea like that. I'm a fan of ol Marty Mar, but if I'm about to go on a road trip from the North East to the South West imma need that Pound Cake as background music:ohlawd: Speaking of which, was Walt pushing the 2014 DeLorean DMC-12, cause I never saw any gull wing doors, brehs:dwillhuh: Dude's got that miracle whip defying the laws of time and space traversing the country in a commercial break. I don't know if Elliot and Gretchen are managed by RocNation or not but they need better people on their team. You better holla at your girl Susan, @hexagram23 :ufdup: You mean to tell me I can get the address and schedule of moguls and superstars if I say I'm working on a Jet magazine story on a motherfukker? If so, I'm getting in contact with the reps for Scarlett Johansen after this post
2d0nz0i.png
That Gray Matter money is serious, my dudes. Elliot and Gretchen pulled up to the crib in that Aston Martin same color Akon. That estate got six locations take so long to get to the front once they miss probation:wow: Imma start calling him Walter Bourne from now on. My dude's got a national manhunt on his ass and crossed the country in 90 seconds. Parked the time machine outside the estate and slipped by the guards unseen. That's that Treadstone training right chea. Dude came out the shadows and snuck up in the Schwartz estate like some sorta caped crusader. The Dark White:blessed: Scratch that, the way he sonned that fukk nikka Elliot over that lame excuse for a knife, he's Walter Dundee. Not that it would matter if the Schwartz's were down with Zoe Pound and had machetes. Walt keeps those super gangsters and extraordinary gentlemen on deck. Type of goons to tell you you can hurry or curry, cause when cats see that red dot they get very religious, word to Hinduism. Call him Walter Vishnu the way he keeps multiple arms that'll open up your chakras:birdman: My dude Heisenburg got shooters on both sides of the Mississippi but he called in his west side riders for this one. Trilest duo since Chris and Snoop: da gawds Badger and Skinny Pete:myman: They put that red dot to work like a Power Point presentation: emphasis on the bullet points:shaq: But for real though, they need to call my man Walter Swayze, the way he's a ghost on these Albuquerque streets. Walk up in your local Starbucks, body the first bird he sees in Louboutins and dip back out like he's not on America's Most Wanted. You relocated to the projects and got the pigs out front? My dude was already in the crib:umad: Had enough time to throw down some bacon and eggs, give his estranged wife some lottery numbers that's sure to make a killing:mjpls:, tuck in his baby girl and see his son get home safe from school. My dude Flynn came through mean mugging in the butter timbs and the camo pants, straight running the jects:damn: In the summertime you can see him in the tall tee flipping bricks and hitting licks, two AKs instead of crutches:whoo:

All the comedy aside, though. fukk this show, brehs:pacspit:Killing Todd is one thing...but Jesse being the one to do it?:why: Dude's been eating nothing but banana peels and beatings since Walt was rocking a baldie. You telling me the dude who kills middle schoolers for fun and busts the nina even when everyone else has the brolic guns is gonna get overpowered by a dude that's never met a scene he couldn't cry in? Even Huell had to watch that shyt like
d74e84dc_30413-b60ca72328636352c321973f7e05d567.jpeg
Have fun in Need for Speed fakkit. I can't wait for that shyt to do Big Sean numbers and you end up doing Wii Sports movies. Meanwhile Todd da gawd will reign as King of Belize. R.I.P, my dude:to:

cryer_zpsdc038014.gif

So beautiful and pure....

Fred.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
a9cx.png
New Hampshire nikkas don't fukk with Nothing Was The Same? Marty Robbins doesn't drop tracks for the sensitive thugs out chea like that. I'm a fan of ol Marty Mar, but if I'm about to go on a road trip from the North East to the South West imma need that Pound Cake as background music:ohlawd: Speaking of which, was Walt pushing the 2014 DeLorean DMC-12, cause I never saw any gull wing doors, brehs:dwillhuh: Dude's got that miracle whip defying the laws of time and space traversing the country in a commercial break. I don't know if Elliot and Gretchen are managed by RocNation or not but they need better people on their team. You better holla at your girl Susan, @hexagram23 :ufdup: You mean to tell me I can get the address and schedule of moguls and superstars if I say I'm working on a Jet magazine story on a motherfukker? If so, I'm getting in contact with the reps for Scarlett Johansen after this post
2d0nz0i.png
That Gray Matter money is serious, my dudes. Elliot and Gretchen pulled up to the crib in that Aston Martin same color Akon. That estate got six locations take so long to get to the front once they miss probation:wow: Imma start calling him Walter Bourne from now on. My dude's got a national manhunt on his ass and crossed the country in 90 seconds. Parked the time machine outside the estate and slipped by the guards unseen. That's that Treadstone training right chea. Dude came out the shadows and snuck up in the Schwartz estate like some sorta caped crusader. The Dark White:blessed: Scratch that, the way he sonned that fukk nikka Elliot over that lame excuse for a knife, he's Walter Dundee. Not that it would matter if the Schwartz's were down with Zoe Pound and had machetes. Walt keeps those super gangsters and extraordinary gentlemen on deck. Type of goons to tell you you can hurry or curry, cause when cats see that red dot they get very religious, word to Hinduism. Call him Walter Vishnu the way he keeps multiple arms that'll open up your chakras:birdman: My dude Heisenburg got shooters on both sides of the Mississippi but he called in his west side riders for this one. Trilest duo since Chris and Snoop: da gawds Badger and Skinny Pete:myman: They put that red dot to work like a Power Point presentation: emphasis on the bullet points:shaq: But for real though, they need to call my man Walter Swayze, the way he's a ghost on these Albuquerque streets. Walk up in your local Starbucks, body the first bird he sees in Louboutins and dip back out like he's not on America's Most Wanted. You relocated to the projects and got the pigs out front? My dude was already in the crib:umad: Had enough time to throw down some bacon and eggs, give his estranged wife some lottery numbers that's sure to make a killing:mjpls:, tuck in his baby girl and see his son get home safe from school. My dude Flynn came through mean mugging in the butter timbs and the camo pants, straight running the jects:damn: In the summertime you can see him in the tall tee flipping bricks and hitting licks, two AKs instead of crutches:whoo:

All the comedy aside, though. fukk this show, brehs:pacspit:Killing Todd is one thing...but Jesse being the one to do it?:why: Dude's been eating nothing but banana peels and beatings since Walt was rocking a baldie. You telling me the dude who kills middle schoolers for fun and busts the nina even when everyone else has the brolic guns is gonna get overpowered by a dude that's never met a scene he couldn't cry in? Even Huell had to watch that shyt like
d74e84dc_30413-b60ca72328636352c321973f7e05d567.jpeg
Have fun in Need for Speed fakkit. I can't wait for that shyt to do Big Sean numbers and you end up doing Wii Sports movies. Meanwhile Todd da gawd will reign as King of Belize. R.I.P, my dude:to:

763.gif

668.gif

899.gif