Alicia Keys: When I met Swizz Beats I said "Eww", he wasn't my type

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
People don't know how read people.

She was "eek". Her reaction wasn't down to his appearance. It was down to him being loud, surrounded by a crowd of people, arrogant and, most definitely, married.

He caught her the moment he shot his first shot, whether he knew it or not. She has low self-esteem so him being all of those things and pursuing her was an ego rush.

Miss me with that "getting to know him" shyt. More she got to know him is the more she would see that he isn't a man who honours his word.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
People don't know how read people.

She was "eek". Her reaction wasn't down to his appearance. It was down to him being loud, surrounded by a crowd of people, arrogant and, most definitely, married.

He caught her the moment he shot his first shot, whether he knew it or not. She has low self-esteem so him being all of those things and pursuing her was an ego rush.

Miss me with that "getting to know him" shyt. More she got to know him is the more she would see that he isn't a man who honours his word.

the marriage shyt was the least of her concerns and she elbowed his wife out the paint with relative ease. You wonder why Mashonda legit didn’t put hands on her.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ehh…I’ve heard chics say this before and I ended up digging them out weeks later…sometimes it’s just them playing hard to get…they claimed I was “too skinny”…“not tall enough” “not their type” (ie nicer on the surface than the guys they were used to) but you can sense if there is an attraction to you on their end or sometimes my attraction to them was so strong that I wasn’t gonna be deterred by her just saying I wasn’t her type
Admit to being frail & shortgang brehs :lolbron:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
the marriage shyt was the least of her concerns and she elbowed his wife out the paint with relative ease. You wonder why Mashonda legit didn’t put hands on her.

Didn't say it was a concern. In fact, what I'm saying is close to the opposite.

His arrogance, talent, crowd that followed him and being married was appealing to her.

It is how women with low self-esteem react. They raise up their shield, but get wet everytime someone who "has it all" shows that they want them.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
She wanted to be chose by a dark skin breh
Ask a mixed or light skinned black woman what her "type" is and 99% of the time it's not a light skinned breh.

Light skinned women aren't attracted to light skinned men. A lot of light skinned females like their dudes midnight black. Women love that contrast in color from themselves.

Niccas that's actually been out here in the game for real and understand the mind of a black woman can co-sign this.

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
They old women in their 40’s with very little options.

Yup, I always tell em to use their 20’s and beauty to settle down and not wait for the right “one”. one girl actually listened to me and married a normal breh, 9-5 and she’s happy. Her circle tried to discourage her by telling her “she can do better” smh

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know plenty of dimes from 2009 who missed their train because of their unrealistic expectations but now cry themselves to sleep because of all the opportunities they took for granted.

time humbles all of them

I seen it too :wow: