Alabama Generating Billions From Prisoners

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I mean I'm going by what you said, they can't do shyt to fix this, as long as racist Republicans are the majority in Alabama, the dems are useless. So what's the plan then?
You tell me. The fact that on September 2024 you just learned how state government works is disturbing. You and a sizable amount of the American public are the problem because if you understood government, you would know who to vote for to get the change you want. You just thought Democrats should “magically appear” on “the other side” while being completely empty on what it takes to them to get there. That’s the scary part. Nothing can be done until people like you are educated.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carceral slavery much like war is another issue with Bipartisan support btw.

It's not "Democrats" vs. "Republicans".

It's the people vs. the for-profit prison system and the mechanisms of society which keep
them with a steady supply of workers to exploit.

I have no idea why people struggle to see the connection between Capital, it's influence and how it can manipulate
public opinion around different issues to support their financial goals.

The current VP and potentially future President argued in favor of building MORE prisons VS. MORE schools and has a
history of supporting practices which criminalize poverty OR keep people in prison for no reason BUT to exploit them.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Carceral slavery much like war is another issue with Bipartisan support btw.

It's not "Democrats" vs. "Republicans".

It's the people vs. the for-profit prison system and the mechanisms of society which keep
them with a steady supply of workers to exploit.

I have no idea why people struggle to see the connection between Capital, it's influence and how it can manipulate
public opinion around different issues to support their financial goals.

The current VP and potentially future President argued in favor of building MORE prisons VS. MORE schools and has a
history of supporting practices which criminalize poverty OR keep people in prison for no reason BUT to exploit them.
She argued what bill which said this?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all are not looking at the big picture this isn't just an Alabama thing this goes right to the top of some of the world's biggest companies McDonald's knows exactly who's being hired for these positions.

They could stop (along with other companies) this bytch in 10 seconds but the beat goes on.

They got mountains of lawyers and accountants so they can't plead ignorance.
Capitalism working as intended :banderas:

NYC Rebel

Daps

:wow:
Less schools more jails. :banderas:

Video in context to see that is 100% what she meant:

Nothing you said matches what she said. She said she agrees with you in theory and also agrees that there should be severe punishment for violent crime. What is the problem?
Where is the “more prisons” advocacy? Where?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is not even a remotely normal response what she said in the short form video.

No one should respond "yeah but what about MURDERERS!!!" to "Build more schools less jails. Put money into education not prisons.".

This also fundamentally ignores that the vast majority of criminals are not murderers.

And instead it tracks with her actual track record of keeping non-violent offenders jailed in overcrowded prisons FOR LABOR.

This is 100% in line with the topic of this thread.