Al Michaels removed from NFL playoff coverage

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’d rather hear Larry David call the game than some snooty X’s & O’s guy trying to prove how much more he knows about the game than everybody else :heh:
b26031f3fdddf9355cc579bad14fc3ff.jpg

Gilbert Arenas was saying the NBA has the same problem. A bunch of old guys who dont relate to the youth, trying to get the youth to watch them announce games. Theres a reason most people watch the games while posting on twitter. You get much more entertainment value,and small tidbits of knowledge. And no disrespect to old people,but these old guys following that same old uptight announcer blueprint gotta go. On the flipside I better not see Pat Macafee fratboy ass calling playoff games either. Give me a nice in between like Skip calling all the Cowboy games:mjlol:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Gilbert Arenas was saying the NBA has the same problem. A bunch of old guys who dont relate to the youth, trying to get the youth to watch them announce games. Theres a reason most people watch the games while posting on twitter. You get much more entertainment value,and small tidbits of knowledge. And no disrespect to old people,but these old guys following that same old uptight announcer blueprint gotta go. On the flipside I better not see Pat Macafee fratboy ass calling playoff games either. Give me a nice in between like Skip calling all the Cowboy games:mjlol:
Turn the game on and the sound down. And do yourself a favor & stay off Twitter:ufdup:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
For NBC - Tirico is calling one, Noah Eagle (Ian Eagle’s son) is calling one and I’m going to guess Jac Collinsworth might call the third playoff game…maybe that Peacock-exclusive one

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And guys like Romo and Aikman getting 20 mil per year:picard:?

You could pay the people on these debate shows and random podcasters,who are fans of each of the 32 teams 2 million to call all of the games of their respective teams. Im sure they might feel ripped off. But are they turning down 100K per game to announce for 3 hours a week on principle:mjlol:?

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
For NBC - Tirico is calling one, Noah Eagle (Ian Eagle) is calling one and I’m going to guess Jax Collinsworth might call the third playoff game…maybe that Peacock-exclusive one

Tirico and Collinsworth are calling two games that weekend (Peacock - guessing Saturday Night and the usual SNF on NBC)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Honestly I'm not seeing an argument for him being worsen than most of the guys on TV right now. Romo is atrocious on CBS, to the point you can tell Jim Nantz is getting agitated. Chris Collinsworth is bad on NBC and doesn't do anything but dikk ride his select group of favorite players (Mahomes, Josh Allen, any white receiver in the league, etc). You can tell Michaels wasn't interested in the wack games Amazon had this year but the playoffs are a different matter. There's more interest and he's usually good. Outside of that Jags/Chargers game last year lol.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Tirico and Collinsworth are calling two games that weekend (Peacock - guessing Saturday Night and the usual SNF on NBC)
Oh my bad…I was dumb thinking it was 3 NBC playoff games in one round.