Akira..

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
That moment when u realize keneda and vash the stampede see voiced by the same person. ..... the 2nd black ranger
:ohhh:
johnny_yong_bosch.jpg

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
when... if ever will they make this into a live action movie? i would prefer a Japanese or at least Asian made movie but a Hollywood joint would look nice at least.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
when... if ever will they make this into a live action movie? i would prefer a Japanese or at least Asian made movie but a Hollywood joint would look nice at least.

I can remember back in 07/08...i read that Lieutenant Leonardo Dicaprio was going to direct the movie but nothing surfaced after that....but i prefer a Japanese version myself since we've pretty much had a American version of Akira with the film 'Chronicle'.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Still the best hand drawn animation of all time. And yes, it still holds up.

What impressed me most, was the immense use of lighting as a motif for every scene.

Not much else I can say that hasn't been mentioned. Its the GOAT. Hollywood needs to leave this alone if Guillermo Del Toro doesn't get it.

Daps
I felt like it was overrated too when I first saw it, aside from the animation quality which deserves all the accolades it gets.

Once I found out it was based on a long-ass manga then it made more sense why. It was super-abridged.

The original Ghost In The Shell Film on the other hand....:wow: