Akademiks says he believes that Drake has been through more real shyt and knows more about the streets than Kendrick

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
He has been pushing that narrative for a while. Listen to the first three minutes of the video. He tried to say that while speaking to wack and he shut that shyt down quick. Also pushed the "Drake gets more love in LA than Kendrick".

Stream is before NLU song was released.

Wack : "He's from Canada bro" :skip:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
He has been pushing that narrative for a while. Listen to the first three minutes of the video. He tried to say that while speaking to wack and he shut that shyt down quick. Also pushed the "Drake gets more love in LA than Kendrick".

Stream is before NLU song was released.

Wack : "He's from Canada bro" :skip:

Wack: "See you from the east coast. You're from a coast where nikkas get turned out. Cali turn nikkas out"

:picard:

NY lawst :wow:

Rep LA gangs brehs

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I'll just say that, over the years, the one thing that I see to be true with the perception of Drake & Kendrick's lives is that a LOT of it is based on assumption of what someone that grew up in Compton experienced and can grow to be and what someone that grew up in Canada experienced and can grow to be.

For the life of me, though, I'll never understand how we can live our lives having seen all we have in hip-hop from the 90's up until now and think we know how these guys are really living behind the scenes or act surprised when people we expected to be street or not street end up being the opposite or grew up as the opposite.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
fukking nonsense

k. from a epicenter of gang culture that's peak ignorance & fukkery

aubrey was in the cacnadian jewish suburbs & acting on a teen drama at the age nikkas is getting into the most mess in their street experience

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Akademiks desperately wants violence from this

He thinks it's the only way Drake can even thinks out which is wild given where Kendrick is from and who surrounds him.

In terms of "the streets." One guy has rapped about seeing homies get killed, being banged on by rival sets, and has seemingly admitted to killing someone multiple times. The other guy grew up in a nice Jewish neighborhood, became an actor, and then became a rapper.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I'll just say that, over the years, the one thing that I see to be true with the perception of Drake & Kendrick's lives is that a LOT of it is based on assumption of what someone that grew up in Compton experienced and can grow to be and what someone that grew up in Canada experienced and can grow to be.

For the life of me, though, I'll never understand how we can live our lives having seen all we have in hip-hop from the 90's up until now and think we know how these guys are really living behind the scenes or act surprised when people we expected to be street or not street end up being the opposite or grew up as the opposite.
while i agree with your general sentiment

i think we can 100% say as fact that Drake is not and never was street or been through any real hardships.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
while i agree with your general sentiment

i think we can 100% say as fact that Drake is not and never was street or been through any real hardships.
You can't say it as fact and definately not 100% fact. It's just as much if not more illegal activities in the suburbs as in the hood. The chance of violence is definately smaller.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick is really from a gang-infested neighborhood in the trenches. If you listen to his music you can clearly tell he’s been affected by the hood growing up.

Drake grew up on TV in a Jewish neighborhood with all cacs. He became a fake gangsta at 37 years old after he bought a $100 million house and he ouched a billion.

Ak is 35 but he acts like he’s a teenager with the Drake fandom. I don’t understand it. I love Weezy but I outgrew that stan phase lol.