AJ Styles is basically saying the new belt is just a toy and just a trinket on a Christmas tree brother

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Win it. Hold it for a second. Then...

tumblr_o5fr4coTTk1sasvhfo1_400.gif

Naito knew what time it was. Operation fukk belts :banderas: .

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
On the real, I love me a good wrestling belt. Hell, I still get a semi when I see the Ultimo Dragon picture with belt of arms :dame:. But its obvious, that belts don't mean a single damn thing nowadays, as folks are catching game on what they truly represent. Its basically a cheap ploy to build up midcarders and keep protected stars that are out of the main title focus in line. There was a time when there was the big four:

• IC
  • World
  • Tag
  • Womens
Then comes the Euro (which is ok, but the IC should be that focus), TV title (alterative to IC but okay), Hardcore (alright...ummm sure), and now we got a shyt load of belts that do nothing for the product but make the main title picture not a factor.

Don't get me started with NJPW and their weird choices of belts.

We let Lucha Underground down because Jesus wept :mjcry:

Hell, Dragon Gate gets it with their cool focus on the main belts, but lmao I'm not watching or trying to run after whatever the hell they got going on.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

"I like it, it has a good look to it," Angle said of the belt. "It looks innovative and new, it's not old-fashioned. It's definitely a new look."

As far as what the new belt implies, many are viewing it as a consolation prize or participation trophy of sorts. Even though Rollins and Styles will work to make that title their own, even Styles recently said, "Well if the 'Raw' Championship is held by Roman, the 'SmackDown' Championship is held by Roman, then how can you argue that it's not [secondary]?"

That said, Styles also talked up the idea that between him and Rollins, the new champion will be the workhorse champion. Yet for what it's worth, Angle also believes it's nearly impossible to think of the new title as being anything but secondary.

"Yeah, I mean, there's no way around not thinking that the title is secondary," he suggested, noting that there are already two world championships and Reigns isn't giving one of them up. Therefore the brand that Reigns isn't on, in this case, "Raw," gets its own.

Angle loves both Rollins and Styles, but he cannot look past that, adding "It is, it's second. It is second. I'm sorry, but it is."