Status
Not open for further replies.

utecifa

Rookie
Daps
That cartoon is over a month old, and I'm sure most in WWE have seen it already.

So I don't know why Meltzer is going all in on this story. He's trying to make it bigger than it is. Is there some type of backstory between AJ and Meltzer I don't know about? Because I really don't get the point of what he's trying to do here.

ravenrules

Rookie
Daps
That cartoon is over a month old, and I'm sure most in WWE have seen it already.

So I don't know why Meltzer is going all in on this story. He's trying to make it bigger than it is. Is there some type of backstory between AJ and Meltzer I don't know about? Because I really don't get the point of what he's trying to do here.

A few months ago there was a fake AJ on Twitter who told Meltzer something about his newsletter being a waste of money. And he thought it was the real AJ, so he replied with a comment about having to watch her shytty matches.

But I think he's actually pretty fair most of the time.

This AJ story has been blowing up hits for his website, to the point where it was down for a few hours yesterday. So of course he's milking it.

Last edited:

Maizeandbluekid

Early 2010's OG
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
When this first broke, I was surprised, to say the least, at what details Meltzer was reporting. I was willing to put bias and homerism aside if AJ was indeed in the wrong, but I also wanted to wait and see both sides of the story first. And I’m glad I did.

You can always choose which side and which story you want to believe, but I believe, and this is me talking, that what I’ve seen from Richard Gray’s WrestlingNewsWorld.com’s tweets, PWInsider’s own report about what happened, including an alleged witness or two who claimed they saw AJ not raise her voice one time, and lastly, to the tweets of Punk and Beadle, what the aforementioned had posted instead of the Meltzer report. And that’s not a knock on Dave; rather it was probably just information Dave was fed from a good source who saw what had happened, and yet didn’t quite know the full back story, and thus lead to the hoopla we saw.

I think Beadle gave an indication in her tweets that she was very confused herself about how it all went down, so I’m not gonna be bashing her either, although I do believe there is a proper time and place of when to greet your friend with, “Hey, fukkface.” Not saying she’s the bad guy for doing that, but that’s another discussion for another time.

So, from I’m seeing, this is one of 2 things:

1.) Either someone tried to set up AJ, either maliciously or just as a simple rib.

OR

2.) It was just simple misinformation and miscommunication that made a mountain out of this molehill.

The only constant things that are apparent here is that Punk was very pissed, and possibly rightfully so when he saw his girlfriend get yelled at, stepped in to defend her, and as of the resulting consequences, got even more pissed at how this was treated. Another constant was that Beadle was definitely bewildered by the whole experience.

I really hope that AJ isn’t punished over what just a simple misunderstanding, but when stuff like this comes out and it paints the company in a negative light, especially when it’s dealing with celebrity interactions that WWE oh so craves constantly, sometimes consequences will have to be paid. I just sincerely hope that’s not the case this time.

So, in summation, I feel bad for AJ, Punk, Beadle, and everyone around that was affected by this, and I hope in time we can just learn from it, move on from it, and forget about it.

ravenrules

Rookie
Daps
tumblr_mxxhv1YViO1s08haco1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.