turek44

The Gunner
Daps
Reppin
Jelenia Góra, Poland
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AJ Lee, the savior of the diva's division?
0 54 0 Google +0 0
By Scott Fishman

Is AJ Lee the savior of the diva's division?

It's hard to discount all that the talented female performer has done in a short amount of time.

Even though she didn't win the NXT competition three years ago, Lee made an indelible mark on the audience. She quickly became on of the more popular emerging divas. Many related to the lifelong fan's story of coming up and working hard to achieve her dreams.

Lee wasn't and isn't like any of the other divas on the roster, which makes her stand out. Her in-ring ability has shined early on, but it was the way she was able to develop her character that led to her success.

Lee has the gift to connect with the audience with a microphone and her facial expressions in a way very few other divas have been able to do over the years.

She has been given more television time than any other active female grappler on the roster. It's because she delivers when given the ball.

Lee was in the middle of many of the major storylines and rivalries taking place with CM Punk, John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Kane, the Big Show, Vickie Guerrero and so on. Those experiences have only helped her and boosted the profile of the divas.

Lee was an example that divas could be an important part of the show and should be looked at more than just talent to use for throwaway matches.

It's hard to refute Lee's impact on the diva's division since she won the gold. She has been in TV main events and currently stands as the only women on the roster, or wrestling personality past or present for that matter, to have more than a million followers on Twitter. Whether they cheer or boo Lee, the WWE Universe is interested in what she will do or say next.

To say she is the savior of the diva's division may be a bit premature. A successful division takes more than one person.

Credit has to also go to the "Total Divas" being a hit reality show, basically forcing WWE to promote and give TV time to the female superstars more. Then there is the performers themselves such as the Bella Twins, Layla and Kaitlyn and Naomi, who has come a long way since NXT season three. There are other hungry talent waiting in the wings of WWE developmental.

Savior of the diva's division? Whether you say yes or no, you have to admit the division's standing on television has definitely improved since she reached the top of the diva mountain. With every appearance, Lee skips her way into WWE history.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
AJ Lee defeated Natalya, Naomi & Brie Bella to retain the Divas Title They got about five minutes, which made it hard to have a very memorable match. I really only remember the finish when Natalya applied a Sharpshooter to Naomi & Brie at the same time. AJ saved them by attacking Natalya and forcing her to tap out in the Black Widow submission. My gripe with the finish is that Brie & Naomi were apparently too hurt to break it up. It took too long. I would have had AJ dump them out of the ring so then they would have been too far to save. I expected AJ to retain. It's too early to take the title off her. Perhaps they can do it in a month or two, but I'd prefer her reign goes into next year (JBL Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.