AJ Gray goes in on Wrestling Twitter following blowback for pointing out lack of Diversity

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
As a lot of brehs & brehettes recall, AJ Gray, Pineapple Pete and a slew of other Black Wrestlers & Podcasters took to twitter and called out AEW by name a few weeks back as being performative with their idea of inclusion & diversity. AJ took it a step further and went in-depth with his thoughts on the matter in an interview with Ringside News.

Apparently, Wrestling Twitter got hurt over this and there was some backlash. Breh decided to take to twitter and not only go in, but give a small history lesson on Black Talent and how they're seen/portrayed in comparison to their counterparts in the business as a whole.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Salute to AJ. He's absolutely right. I was :francis:that we never got his 'For The Culture' show.

I'm here for him calling out Tony Khan over this too, because as a young company AEW can course correct easily and make actual inclusion, rather than just paying lip service, part of their MO.

That said - I would definitely be in for a watch party for this next month. It's $10 to stream.

EdEAw9_XsAAQzs4.jpg

Last edited:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
In that thread about top 5 black wrestlers I said SD Jones was a legend and prototype of the comeback baby face. I got negged by some and told he was a jobber by others. Now it’s nothing but facts because this guy said it?

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
In that thread about top 5 black wrestlers I said SD Jones was a legend and prototype of the comeback baby face. I got negged by some and told he was a jobber by others. Now it’s nothing but facts because this guy said it?

Fam this is all that you got from his post.. :rudy:.

Aj is right for all the great that Tony has done he has few creditable black talent on his roster and most of the black men are treated as buffoon/jobbers.

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black wrestlers still dont understand...wrestling is a white owned and white run business...

Wrestling fans want to see their white male wrestlers,

We gotta us black folks create ur own, and blacks invest in the black owned wrestling business and if it is dope and popping let them come to us and play by our rules

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Fam this is all that you got from his post.. :rudy:.

Aj is right for all the great that Tony has done he has few creditable black talent on his roster and most of the black men are treated as buffoon/jobbers.
I pointed that out in another thread and got negged by the AEW crew. Now because AJ says it people start reversing their stories.
I said Sasha is a once in a lifetime talent years ago and I was and still is the biggest Kofi Stan on here. I just some of the posters stop flip flopping and support the real talented black wrestlers.

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Black wrestlers still dont understand...wrestling is a white owned and white run business...

Wrestling fans want to see their white male wrestlers,

We gotta us black folks create ur own, and blacks invest in the black owned wrestling business and if it is dope and popping let them come to us and play by our rules
Well that’s not happening in the next 10 years .

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

It already has. Master P and Westside Gunn bought House Of Glory Wrestling - an indie based in Queens - last year. The majority of their roster and the talent they bring in is Black or Latino.

It's the promotion that trained Private Party.

If not for the pandemic, they would probably have been running shows since then. Nothing huge to start, but they would likely have been getting buzzed about

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nothing revolutionary happens that fast but gains can be made if we invest and support it and say fukk WWE and AEW but it will take sacrifice from wrestlers and the fanbase to strictly support or these same convos will be made 10yrs from now ....

right now vince is saying i gave Kofi a title and it was lackluster, since March Raw has been strictly minorities majority of the time and ratings are down, Keith Lee wins a title and we lose 100k fans that will be his excuse and AEW is just trash ass Indy shyt that is liked because it isn't WWE.