Ain't nothing worse than buying some candles that don't even smell // UPDATE! Official Candle Making Thread

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Breh this first candle turned out so good! :ohlawd: Got me proud of myself :wow:
Thank me later

712thtvmA2L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Can't find Black Cedar :mjpls: but I'll definitely try cedar and sandalwood essential oils next

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:camby: self-sufficiency ain't :dame:

I'm planning on learning cold press soapmaking and crochet, when SHTF and there's no stores, mf's gone need to wash their ass and stay warm :ufdup:
don't listen to that nikka, you can easily make that a go-to date option, craft dates are the easiest to pull off if you add wine to the equation

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Finally lit this beeswax joint I made last week with peppermint, patchouli, and sage.

Within MINUTES
the-rock-smell.gif

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I'm making Rum and Sweet Tobacco tonight :banderas: the last batch (above) has too many wood wicks (3) and possibly too much oil. I'm cutting it down to two wicks and cutting off about a third of the oils this time. Just enough time to cure while I go out of town and back.

I'll return with my results 👨🏿‍🔬

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I'm making Rum and Sweet Tobacco tonight :banderas: the last batch (above) has too many wood wicks (3) and possibly too much oil. I'm cutting it down to two wicks and cutting off about a third of the oils this time. Just enough time to cure while I go out of town and back.

I'll return with my results👨🏿‍🔬
I broke the jar on this one shortly after pouring :francis: Made another mix with shyt I can't remember (gotta start labeling em) and it's hands down my strongest so far. 15-30 mins really does the job.

Gettin more scents and wax tomorrow trying White Beeswax instead of Yellow this time. It's supposed to have less of a sweet scent:obama: Still need to try Cedar and Sandalwood but this current candle could definitely last the rest of the month minimum:win:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I broke the jar on this one shortly after pouring :francis: Made another mix with shyt I can't remember (gotta start labeling em) and it's hands down my strongest so far. 15-30 mins really does the job.

Gettin more scents and wax tomorrow trying White Beeswax instead of Yellow this time. It's supposed to have less of a sweet scent:obama: Still need to try Cedar and Sandalwood but this current candle could definitely last the rest of the month minimum:win:
Update: I made 3 joints here: Tobacco and sandalwood which smells AMAZING, apple and "harvest spice" (apple pie) I gave that one to my mama. Then "Jeans", Amber, and a dash of lemongrass... smells like a bar of soap.

The downside is the smell isn't as strong :upsetfavre: They're only one wick and I'm learning you really need more with beeswax to heat it up. I may try again with soy but I hated it :jbhmm: Maybe paraffin, it's the cheapest and cures the quickest anyway.

ALSO, I'm naming them now... today I'm making "White Folks" (Vanilla and Sandalwood) "Solar Currency" (Bitter Coffee and Snickerdoodle... you see what I did there? :youngsabo:) and "Musk-- No Elon" (Cologne, Frankincense, and Lavender)

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
shyts been rough lately :whoo: I done cracked a gang of jars either burning the candle or trying to clean the jar itself. The fire alarm went off one day last week :picard: might have to let these woodwicks go, but they're so effective :ohlawd: Got a pack of cotton wicks coming tomorrow but today imma try this
wood-wick-soy-candle-1.png

That should center the heat but also provide a sufficient melt pool. I hope :sadcam: Also got a few candles that'll finally finish curing this week

Daps
Burlington/TJ Max stores usually have a real good selection of strong scents to choose from. And I have a lot of essential oils to add some drops in when needed.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Burlington/TJ Max stores usually have a real good selection of strong scents to choose from. And I have a lot of essential oils to add some drops in when needed.
We making our OWN shyt over here pleighboi :birdman: I got a 60pack of essential oils the other week and gotta have about 90 total... and I don't even know what most of them are :skip:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
@TEH Ambervand Cedar smells so amazing breh :ohlawd: I don't think I mixed it well enough though. Noticed a good amount of oil sitting at the bottom before I lit it, and the scent ain't spreading as strong I'm used to :mjcry:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Wife doesn't buy candles unless it's Yankee. Every other brand smells like nothing when lit.
I've never had the stomach to play that much. Hell this whole shyt started cause I got of buying cheaper ones :pachaha: They definitely got their formula down pact tho. That's the hardest part and I why I keep bumping the thread. There's so many variables.

Wick type, wick size, wick amount, wax type and or blend, curing, jar dimensions, oil percentage... breh!! :mindblown: :jbhmm: