Ain't it crazy how artists can have no talent at all & be a star these days?

straightcash

All Star
Daps
@stomachlines

ThIs is because in the past you needed to put in work before you blew up. Now you can be rapping for 2 years and have a catalog of 3 songs and blow up. All you need is one song to go viral and you're a hit. Wasn't like that before. You needed to have a catalog before anyone took you seriously in the 2000s.

There's rappers who got a dozen mixtapes under their belt but won't even be covered by the media or listened to by anyone and it's like their turn got passed on. For someone reason you gotta be under 21 to get any sort of attention this day and age if you're not already big from decades past. Dave East one of the last guys who came up the old school way this era. I can't think of anyone else who got on after putting in a decade of work recently.

As consumers/fans, our time and resources is limited. There's only so many songs or rappers we can give our attention to. So why give it to someone who's not even developed yet? Let them develop, let them find their voice and develop their skills or get lost in the shuffle because they couldn't hang. Why is it the experienced ones being overlooked? I've been conscious of this for years, that's why I don't even listen to a rapper unless they have a catalog. If the media didn't cover rappers under 17, that would also help clean up the garbage a lot. Rap is explicit so why is these minors being given attention talking about drugs, guns and hoeing anyways?

First person I thought of was French Montana

French put in a decade of work before he got on. Got two dozen mixtapes. That's why I fukk wit him. He got hot songs, you just gotta dig through his tapes not the mainstream singles.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
@stomachlines

ThIs is because in the past you needed to put in work before you blew up. Now you can be rapping for 2 years and have a catalog of 3 songs and blow up. All you need is one song to go viral and you're a hit. Wasn't like that before. You needed to have a catalog before anyone took you seriously in the 2000s.

There's rappers who got a dozen mixtapes under their belt but won't even be covered by the media or listened to by anyone and it's like their turn got passed on. For someone reason you gotta be under 21 to get any sort of attention this day and age if you're not already big from decades past. Dave East one of the last guys who came up the old school way this era. I can't think of anyone else who got on after putting in a decade of work recently.

As consumers/fans, our time and resources is limited. There's only so many songs or rappers we can give our attention to. So why give it to someone who's not even developed yet? Let them develop, let them find their voice and develop their skills or get lost in the shuffle because they couldn't hang. Why is it the experienced ones being overlooked? I've been conscious of this for years, that's why I don't even listen to a rapper unless they have a catalog. If the media didn't cover rappers under 17, that would also help clean up the garbage a lot. Rap is explicit so why is these minors being given attention talking about drugs, guns and hoeing anyways?

French put in a decade of work before he got on. Got two dozen mixtapes. That's why I fukk wit him. He got hot songs, you just gotta dig through his tapes not the mainstream singles.

For some reason, it seem like the music is on the back burner of the stove and the gimmicks and the way a rapper acts is what dictates what gets the most push
It's all about a slick beat and how ridiculous a rapper can act outside of the booth.
I feel like Hip Hop has become a clown show
shyt ain't even hip hop no more
It's just some hipster bullshyt

straightcash

All Star
Daps
For some reason, it seem like the music is on the back burner of the stove and the gimmicks and the way a rapper acts is what dictates what gets the most push
It's all about a slick beat and how ridiculous a rapper can act outside of the booth.
I feel like Hip Hop has become a clown show
shyt ain't even hip hop no more
It's just some hipster bullshyt

You're right it is a clown show, and the people who blow up are usually hipster and meme darlings.

Another thing I've been conscious for a while now, is how Hip Hop is entirely curated. It's like living in The Matrix. These websites (like Complex, Pitchfork and Worldstar) dictate who people listen to. Without them people won't even know you exist. It's like when radio was king, they told you who existed. It's the same thing all over again.

If you from the Bay Area, Philly or Texas, you gon have the hardest time in rap. None of the major sites or Worldstar even cover their music, unless they already poppin nationally. Worldstar only posts Atalanta rappers, and any fakkit who wears a dress or on some meme/publicity shyt. Worldstar is a NY-based site but they don't even cover NY rappers coming up. WS was a lot more diverse pre-2013, but they changed and really fukking up the culture. We need an alternative, a site that follows the same model but for all the states outside of Atlanta/Chicago.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Once all Black Power talk was killed off it was over:mjcry:

We stopped talking about Black power and that made it easy for cacs and Latino's etc to fully infiltrate and lead it to hell:manny:

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Once all Black Power talk was killed off it was over:mjcry:

We stopped talking about Black power and that made it easy for cacs and Latino's etc to fully infiltrate and lead it to hell:manny:

Blame the ADL and Jews for that. They systematically blackballed any rapper who went out of line. Political Rap is dead now.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I love how these threads get made and everyone catches feelings and/or pretends not to know what the OP is talking about. Happens every time like clock work.

The fact of the matter since since the advent of the internet and/or social media....coupled with technology being dirt cheap....literally anyone can be a rapper or musician now. The only way you can argue that's a good thing, is if you think every single person on Earth has musical talent....in which case, you're fukking retarded.

Fred.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being a star has never really been about talent though. Stardom all comes down to charisma, perserverence, and the team you have behind you. People with charm and a high level of charisma can do wonders. They will skate by with thongs that people with less charisma would be persecuted for. Couple that with hard work and perserverence and they will achieve things and go further. Put them with a great team and they are unstoppable.

Beyonce, Rihanna, and Drake are proof of that. Of the three Beyonce is possibly the most talented, but didn't get where she is at because of the talent even though it was instrumental.

Tatsuya Suou

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
日本の国
imo they aren't gaining fame for their lyrical abilities, but rather their personalities. No one wants to listen to a guy who can't hold an interesting conversation or generate interest in his life. Connections they've forged with others in their community help as well.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in 10 years we're going to be complaining about the direction that mainstream rap has gone and look back to this era with rose tinted glasses; reminiscing about all the dope shyt that dropped and completely forgetting about all the lil xyz meme rappers
This

Nikkas was shytting Wayne, TI, and Jeezy the same way a decade ago

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I love how these threads get made and everyone catches feelings and/or pretends not to know what the OP is talking about. Happens every time like clock work.

The fact of the matter since since the advent of the internet and/or social media....coupled with technology being dirt cheap....literally anyone can be a rapper or musician now. The only way you can argue that's a good thing, is if you think every single person on Earth has musical talent....in which case, you're fukking retarded.

Fred.

My homie is always on point!:myman:
I couldn't have said it any better, bruh. :wow:
Dap and +rep! Thank you.:salute:

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Being a star has never really been about talent though. Stardom all comes down to charisma, perserverence, and the team you have behind you. People with charm and a high level of charisma can do wonders. They will skate by with thongs that people with less charisma would be persecuted for. Couple that with hard work and perserverence and they will achieve things and go further. Put them with a great team and they are unstoppable.

Beyonce, Rihanna, and Drake are proof of that. Of the three Beyonce is possibly the most talented, but didn't get where she is at because of the talent even though it was instrumental.

Half these new age "stars" don't have charisma. They can't even sit through an interview without sounding like they on crack or just woke up and ain't washed their face.